Forum › A "small" topic for video games

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

@twizbuck: Ranked battles are a whole different beast. Don't worry about the levels too much since that only reflects their playtime not their skill...they do have better equipment which means they could have something like "ninja squid" equipped + 4 or more other skills, it's not too bad but a little unbalanced.

@Nezchan: Nez! you didn't mention Cardfight!! Vanguard or Duel Masters! how dare you!? Also you guys say CCG instead of tgc, I read it as Children's Card Games lol.

Game: Street Fighter V Pairing: Juri x Laura Link: pixiv(ecchi)

Yeah I'm definitely noticing everything you said. The equipment is the worst part. But I've been holding my own. Not a fan of the tilt controls, but enabling Y-Axis on the RS is even worse.

Enjoying it more now. I've just settled in with my Roller and N-89 or whatever it's called and I have fun with those.

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

Best moment: on the Camp stage, all 4 opponents were lined up on the bridge in the middle, and I rolled right through all of them within two seconds of eachother. Literally lol'd. Hard.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

More BroodWar by Carbot

I forgot the shield battery even existed xD.

Not a fan of the tilt controls, but enabling Y-Axis on the RS is even worse.

If you want to use the chargers the tilt controls are almost mandatory, also try changing the sensitivity if your current weapon feels off. The aerospray(s) is a good substitute for the rollers but only on regular battles, it's similar to the Zapper-like weapons.

Best moment: on the Camp stage, all 4 opponents were lined up on the bridge in the middle, and I rolled right through all of them within two seconds of eachother. Literally lol'd. Hard.

I funniest thing I've done in the game is follow a squid for around 20 secs with the carbon roller, we stop on an uninkable spot, I stop rolling and walk right up to him and bam he never knew what just happened.

Game: Pokemon ORAS Pairing: May x Lisia Links: pixiv1 pixiv2(ecchi) pixiv3(NSFW)

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

What Type of Player are You? by Extra Credits.

Guess I am a killer.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

flips

Guess I am a killer.

You damn PK!

Tried out Tavern Brawl. It is pretty fun and good place to see and try cards in game. I think I might start playing only this for some time xD Also got to rank 20. Surprisingly wasn't that hard.

last edited at Oct 19, 2015 7:07AM

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

Guess I am a killer.

Eh, I don't know if I really fall into any one category. Interesting video though. If I had to pick, I'd say Explorer. I have a bit of Killer and Socializer to me, though. Achiever... whatever.

I funniest thing I've done in the game is follow a squid for around 20 secs with the carbon roller, we stop on an uninkable spot, I stop rolling and walk right up to him and bam he never knew what just happened.

I love doing that. XD

last edited at Oct 19, 2015 7:12AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Guess I am a killer.

I think I'm a mix of everything but killer. Not that I don't like PvP at all, it's just I like it in a controlled environment. A battleground rather than the whole world, for instance.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

Explorer

Don't play Nidhogg with me

The clear male-insert for Hyperdevotion Goddess Black Heart is already going on my tits, the second Neptune was on the screen again the dialogue between the two felt so much more natural

Whatthefuckever, migt as well enjoy Asami Imai all cute and shit

joined Mar 23, 2013

I think I'm a mix of everything but killer. Not that I don't like PvP at all, it's just I like it in a controlled environment. A battleground rather than the whole world, for instance.

I'm achiever and killer which essentially translates to being a high rated pvper, or wanting to be. That depends on how long I actually play a game and want to invest myself.

Playing in a controlled environment doesn't mean you don't have a part killer in you though.
If your mindset in that battleground is to crush the enemy team, that's a "killer" mindset.

Don't tell me you go in battlegrounds/arenas and you start with the mindset that you aren't here to obliterate the opposing team?

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Don't tell me you go in battlegrounds/arenas and you start with the mindset that you aren't here to obliterate the opposing team?

some ppl dont play pvp side of games at all.

These are mere archetypes, not necessarily a black-and-white situation where you can only be one. Also, it depends on the games you play and how you play em. What you want from them.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm achiever and killer which essentially translates to being a high rated pvper, or wanting to be. That depends on how long I actually play a game and want to invest myself.

Playing in a controlled environment doesn't mean you don't have a part killer in you though.
If your mindset in that battleground is to crush the enemy team, that's a "killer" mindset.

For me at least it's more like a group vs group thing, rather than "I'm gonna make that individual dude feel the pain".

But PvP for me is an occasional diversion, I don't find it a selling point on games or anything. I played it on WoW because I wanted to try the different things the world had to offer, and it was the gateway to some nice armour sets. The urge to wander around the world and fill out maps, and largely do solo quests while chatting with my guild was way stronger.

joined Mar 23, 2013

some ppl dont play pvp side of games at all.

Clearly in the quote Nez did in fact say she pvp, albeit rarely and not seriously.

For me at least it's more like a group vs group thing, rather than "I'm gonna make that individual dude feel the pain".

I think you were a bit too hung up on the "feel the pain". Group vs group, in the case of wow, would be BG and arenas. You play with your guildies/friends and curbstomp the other team.

I just meant, why would anyone join a BG and not think from the get go that they'll win and manhandle the competition? To me it's like a person that starts a relationship and from the very beginning does not have the mindset to make that relationship work.

I've got to say rated BGs was one of the best addition for the "casual" pvpers. Too bad by that point... Erm PvP balance in Cata/MoP was... Let's just say less than ideal.

But PvP for me is an occasional diversion, I don't find it a selling point on games or anything. I played it on WoW because I wanted to try the different things the world had to offer, and it was the gateway to some nice armour sets. The urge to wander around the world and fill out maps, and largely do solo quests while chatting with my guild was way stronger.

So you're THAT player! Do you also do a million dailies and farm gold while chatting. And collect mounts, pets and stuff?

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

So I guess everyone in Hearthstone plays Fatigue Warriors now and with me playing Control Warrior, games take forever. Had a game today where I got to like 7 damage from drawing cards but I got Justicar out right at turn 6 so my enemy's gameplan was obviously not gonna happen. I think I had 22 health and 54 armor when I started taking fatigue damage.

Guess I am a killer.

I'm pretty much everything from that list, but I'm not too sure about Socializer. Like, I play a lot with my friends, both online multiplayer and face to face, but I'm not one to form groups/guilds/whatever with random internet people.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I think you were a bit too hung up on the "feel the pain". Group vs group, in the case of wow, would be BG and arenas. You play with your guildies/friends and curbstomp the other team.

I just meant, why would anyone join a BG and not think from the get go that they'll win and manhandle the competition? To me it's like a person that starts a relationship and from the very beginning does not have the mindset to make that relationship work.

Well, when I played I liked to be support and backup more than the one out bashing the most heads. Like in Arathi Basin, I'd stick around one to defend a flag when I could, unless it was clear they needed the whole team in one place. Usually the sawmill, since it had the best view of the other flags.

idk, for me it was more a team vs. team than going after anyone in particular, the way stuff like duels or ganking someone on a PvP server would be.

So you're THAT player! Do you also do a million dailies and farm gold while chatting. And collect mounts, pets and stuff?

Nope, I'd be out doing quests and PUG dungeons mostly, while chatting during the non-tense moments. I did collect mounts on one round, back in WotLK, at least all the faction mounts and the cool raptor from the crater. I tried out the pet battles thing in Cata, but never really got into it. It was neat to see more small critters running around the landscape though, added a little more to the world.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I'm surprised anyone here watch Extra Credits. Anyway, I'm not sure but I guess Achiever fits me best.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Well, when I played I liked to be support and backup more than the one out bashing the most heads. Like in Arathi Basin, I'd stick around one to defend a flag when I could, unless it was clear they needed the whole team in one place. Usually the sawmill, since it had the best view of the other flags.

I think you're misunderstanding. You win by playing the objective. My main was always and will always be druid and so during a great portion of my pvp life I was resto. Since feral/balance was not always viable.

While I obviously did not kill anyone in BGs I still crushed others by, for example, tanking 3-4-5 people ( depending on expansion and how resto druids could survive ) for a set number of seconds. In doing so, it's obvious my team would take the other 4 bases because the other team wants my D so badly. This was most often in AB.

In doing so, soon a 5 cap happened and 2000-0 or 1600-0 happened. I did not kill anyone, but I crushed nonetheless. The other team was demoralized, stuck and afk at their graveyard in the first 4 minutes of the game, if that isn't rekt... Then I don't know what is.

"Support role" should not be diminished because you might have a big impact on the game even if you're not actively "killing" the others.

idk, for me it was more a team vs. team than going after anyone in particular, the way stuff like duels or ganking someone on a PvP server would be.

I think you have a very early WoW view of pvp servers. World pvp was dead ever since flying mounts and you could queue from anywhere for anything. It's not gank galore like you would think.

Again, you can rekt people as a team effort. You don't have to "go after" anyone in particular. You just have to win and be the very best their ever was or the very best you can be.

Although I like the rekterinos in PvP, personally, what I like the most was improving myself. Constantly trying to see what I did wrong.

Nope, I'd be out doing quests and PUG dungeons mostly, while chatting during the non-tense moments. I did collect mounts on one round, back in WotLK, at least all the faction mounts and the cool raptor from the crater. I tried out the pet battles thing in Cata, but never really got into it. It was neat to see more small critters running around the landscape though, added a little more to the world.

PUG, ugh the horror. Although depending on expansions the heroics could literally be braindead proof. After the nerfs, of course.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I'm surprised anyone here watch Extra Credits. Anyway, I'm not sure but I guess Achiever fits me best.

heh, been sub to em since 1012, when they talked about Firefall.

I'm a bit into game design topics, mostly watch em for that. Also their Extra History series is fun, specially their on-going one about the Korean Admiral Yi.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Speaking of Firefall, is that still alive? Played a bit at GC a few years ago and it was pretty fun.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Speaking of Firefall, is that still alive? Played a bit at GC a few years ago and it was pretty fun.

it launched july 2014, after years of development hell, a final massive revamp happened during beta 1 month before release. When it launched it had already dropped off ppl's radar and it's state at launch was obviously atrocious.

It was a failure, so now they are doing yet another massive change for their launch in China first quarter of 2016 (possibly), where it seems to be having a lot of hype. Live servers have been stagnant for almost a year, but the public test servers are getting frequent updates for the China release.

Been following it since 2010, got in the beta 2012. I sorta still play it... I have many gripes with it but its the only game of it's kind that is not utter garbage (looking at you Defiance).

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

I'm not a big fan of PvP, either. Too often you have to build your character a certain way for it to be relevant, and for people to want to group with you. Can't stick with games like WoW or CoD.

I usually find satisfaction in PvE games that allow you to build your character in your own style throughout. Ones that give you a strong environment to explore and/or characters to get to know. Games that provide a great story. I'm still playing Skyrim, and playing through Undertale a third time.

joined Mar 23, 2013

I'm not a big fan of PvP, either. Too often you have to build your character a certain way for it to be relevant, and for people to want to group with you. Can't stick with games like WoW or CoD.

I usually find satisfaction in PvE games that allow you to build your character in your own style throughout. Ones that give you a strong environment to explore and/or characters to get to know. Games that provide a great story. I'm still playing Skyrim, and playing through Undertale a third time.

Games that provide a great story and environment to explore. Mentions Skyrim the next sentence, this should be a crime.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

flips

heh, been sub to em since 1012, when they talked about Firefall.

1003 years of following. That sure is something ;P I don't remember exactly but I ran across one episode around 2 years ago or so and watched every single one since then. It was about power creep I think.

I'm a bit into game design topics, mostly watch em for that. Also their Extra History series is fun, specially their on-going one about the Korean Admiral Yi.

I like this kind of stuff where people talk technicals since I'm into creating stuff. Never gave their other shows a shot. Only one I watched is Design Club for the same reason I watch main show, but sadly they did only few episodes of it ;/

last edited at Oct 19, 2015 11:51PM

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

Games that provide a great story and environment to explore. Mentions Skyrim the next sentence, this should be a crime.

Talking about the main story, or the hundreds of side stories?

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

1003 years of following. That sure is something ;P

time travel... typo

This topic has been locked.