Forum › A "small" topic for video games

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Good to see that Kagura and Naruka keep gaying it up on EV

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

From the new Dungeon Defenders 2 patch:

Campaign normal is now more “normal.” What does “normal” even mean? T-shirts and jeans? A polo? Beer by the pool? Warsong Commander giving minions with 3 or less attack charge? Check out our influence vote later today to help decide what “normal” means.

Everybody is into Hearthstone.

That made me look into the next patch and Grimm Patron Warrior is dead:

last edited at Oct 16, 2015 12:17PM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Anyone here already got their Steam Controllers? Mine's gonna arrive later because I moved and didn't change the delivery address but a friend of mine already got his and, damn, I really want it to arrive.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

something random...

Watched a Plague Of Gripes picarto stream in which one of the drawings was Temmie from Undertale... We watched The Thing during that stream and he ended up drawing this:

From the scene where the new dog was put in caged with the others.

Woulda liked to see Temmie turn into this tho.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

Talking like the Amalgam (Endogeny) wasn't extremly terryfing and OH MY GOD THE TRUE LABORATORY WITH THE SHOWER AND THE BEDS AND AAAAAAAAAAAAA

But nobody came...

last edited at Oct 16, 2015 4:20PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I will try playing some ranked then ;3

If one of your heroes is at least level 20 you also should try to win at least 1 game of Tavern Brawl per week because you get a free card pack for that.

Oh. After I could I checked the Arena once for the one free entrance I had, but since I need to pay for next one I didn't plan to play it since I didn't like it that much anyway, but Tavern Brawl was still unavailable so I just ignored it, assuming I need to pay to play it as well. My paladin is on 18 so I'll level him up and give it a shot! Thanks for all the tips <3

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Btw. the tutorial was nice, but sadly it didn't explain all rules. There was some minor things I encountered through playing, but 2 most major were that you can only have 7 minions at time on battlefield and that you can hold only 10 cards max. Btw. what happens to cards I can't draw because of limit? Do they get lost?

I played 2 first ranked. In second game the guy had clear advantage and could finish me off but he let me live, probably so he could toy with me for a while, but after that I managed to hold and turned it around so in the end I won thanks to that XD

last edited at Oct 16, 2015 9:14PM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Btw. what happens to cards I can't draw because of limit? Do they get lost?

Yeah, they get discarded. There are actually decks that aim to win that way. Don't know if that was addressed in the tutorial, but if you don't have cards anymore, you take damage each round instead of drawing (first 1 damage, then 2, etc)

I played 2 first ranked. In second game the guy had clear advantage and could finish me off but he let me live, probably so he could toy with me for a while, but after that I managed to hold and turned it around so in the end I won thanks to that XD

That never happened to me but one time I played against a Hunter and he got me to one health with him having like 20 health or something left so he ended his turn and startet spamming Well played! and I am sorry!

Then I killed him. Best feeling there is.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Yeah, they get discarded. There are actually decks that aim to win that way. Don't know if that was addressed in the tutorial, but if you don't have cards anymore, you take damage each round instead of drawing (first 1 damage, then 2, etc)

It wasn't. I was sure you just lose once you can't draw so in one of my early games when my opponent was drawing a lot and I had no power to finish him off but could defend, I was sure all I had to do to win was just hold on, but then it turned out it is just damage and because in his last cards he finally draw something good, he won it in the end =.= I even had more health if I remember correctly. Also I had a good look at this -1, -2 mechanic with guys who had clearly better decks from me but didn't just finish me off when they could, but just played until I was killed by lack of cards. Those were actually pretty fun games since they just clearly played for fun ;3

That never happened to me but one time I played against a Hunter and he got me to one health with him having like 20 health or something left so he ended his turn and startet spamming Well played! and I am sorry!

I know what you mean XD

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

That reminds me of a game of Solforge I played. My opponent got me down to something like 2 HP (out of 100) and I did similar to him. And neither of us were able to successfully land another blow for four turns. Think I won that one if memory serves, but we were both expecting to be killed immediately.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Naraku came to kick a$$ and chew bubblegum!........wait why is Kagura back to loli mode? A wizard did it!
I also saw their NewWave cards and....that's not how...clothes work...right?

Series: SonoHana Pairing: Nagisa x Rina Link: pixiv

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

Started playing Splatoon. Not sure how much I like it. Definitely no real team play involved and I'd like to participate in an actual K/D match instead of painting everything (haven't tried ranked or 1v1 matches yet), but I have fun. Seems like a game you just have to take at face value. Not finding mutch depth, but I don't think any one weapon reigns supreme either, I like that balance.

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

Wins are few for me, I'll admit. Must be batting .250 right now. But when I do win, it's a blowout lol.

EDIT: I really don't like being matched up against teams full of lv. 30-50 players when I'm just lv. 6. That could change.

last edited at Oct 17, 2015 1:50AM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I just broke my Hearthstone Rank 25 to Rank 14 winning streak by playing like an idiot. :( 3 major mistakes that I regretted as soon as I played the cards. Like clearing some weak minion of my enemy before playing Brawl to basically assure that their Ysera stays on the board. Oh well...
Since when do people play Faceless Manipulator again anyways...

That reminds me of a game of Solforge I played. My opponent got me down to something like 2 HP (out of 100) and I did similar to him. And neither of us were able to successfully land another blow for four turns. Think I won that one if memory serves, but we were both expecting to be killed immediately.

I thought that name sounded familiar but the screenshots don't look familiar at all. Looks pretty interesting though and I do enjoy level up mechanics. Way too invested in Hearthstone to start another CCG though.

last edited at Oct 17, 2015 2:26AM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Naraku came to kick a$$ and chew bubblegum!........wait why is Kagura back to loli mode? A wizard did it!
I also saw their NewWave cards and....that's not how...clothes work...right?

Series: SonoHana Pairing: Nagisa x Rina Link: pixiv

I'm guessing Loli Kagura is just there for Naraku's intro/outros, after all, her perfect form is a DLC character too. And no, clothes doesn't work that way :p

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Since when do people play Faceless Manipulator again anyways...

I encountered him 2 times with pretty good results. It seems like really good card to me.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

TTP, anti-consumer culture at it's best.

Totalbiscuit will probably have his own video on this issue soon.

something explaining it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4OQeekSD6s

better here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DIJVetzaHs

last edited at Oct 17, 2015 10:23AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

flips

I imagine TB has more personal concerns to deal with atm, given he was just diagnosed with terminal cancer. I imagine he'll make it, but don't be surprised if there's a delay.

OriginalGengar

I thought that name sounded familiar but the screenshots don't look familiar at all. Looks pretty interesting though and I do enjoy level up mechanics. Way too invested in Hearthstone to start another CCG though.

It's not a bad game, and the mechanic where you've always got the same number of cards that increase in value is really interesting. Problem is, as someone with no background in CCGs I found it very hard to gain traction and learn the tactics involved.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

flips

I imagine TB has more personal concerns to deal with atm, given he was just diagnosed with terminal cancer. I imagine he'll make it, but don't be surprised if there's a delay.

thought about him cuz he usually explains stuff, linked to other more informative videos in case he does not get around to do it soon.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

It's not a bad game, and the mechanic where you've always got the same number of cards that increase in value is really interesting. Problem is, as someone with no background in CCGs I found it very hard to gain traction and learn the tactics involved.

Maybe I'll try to get into it when it's out of Early Access but Hearthstone is also pretty much the only CCG I ever really got into, aside maybe the Pokemon GBC and the YuGiOh GBA games, so I'll probably have the same problems. I'm not really into learning a whole new meta and set of rules either.

I encountered him 2 times with pretty good results. It seems like really good card to me.

Yeah, it's a pretty good card, especially against my deck with like 10 targets for him, but the meta right now is pretty fast with a lot of less-than-5-mana-minions so I usually don't see him that often anymore. Or like, at all.

On a side note, I decided to start 100%ing BitTrip Runner 2 today since I haven't played it for like 2 years and only on normal, so I took a look at the Steam achievements and was pretty surprised. Less than 10% of the owners finished the game and only 30% even finished the first world. I guess Steam sales will do that.

last edited at Oct 17, 2015 6:44PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Maybe I'll try to get into it when it's out of Early Access but Hearthstone is also pretty much the only CCG I ever really got into, aside maybe the Pokemon GBC and the YuGiOh GBA games, so I'll probably have the same problems. I'm not really into learning a whole new meta and set of rules either.

That's the thing, it's really hard to match the sort of polish Blizzard has put into Hearthstone, from the interface to the mechanics to the sheer fun of whacking cards against your opponent's face. And thanks to the extensive lore, each card actually has personality invested in it, and a backstory if you care to go looking. While Solforge's mechanics are solid and novel, it's seriously difficult to compete with that.

Magic has its own history and YuGiOh has manga and anime to give it context, and Pokémon is its own sort of juggernaut, so they manage. But I think Blizzard hit a real sweet spot this time.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

On a side note, I decided to start 100%ing BitTrip Runner 2 today since I haven't played it for like 2 years and only on normal, so I took a look at the Steam achievements and was pretty surprised. Less than 10% of the owners finished the game and only 30% even finished the first world. I guess Steam sales will do that.

It's also been in the occasional Humble Bundle.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

@twizbuck: Ranked battles are a whole different beast. Don't worry about the levels too much since that only reflects their playtime not their skill...they do have better equipment which means they could have something like "ninja squid" equipped + 4 or more other skills, it's not too bad but a little unbalanced.

@Nezchan: Nez! you didn't mention Cardfight!! Vanguard or Duel Masters! how dare you!? Also you guys say CCG instead of tgc, I read it as Children's Card Games lol.

Game: Street Fighter V Pairing: Juri x Laura Link: pixiv(ecchi)

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

That's the thing, it's really hard to match the sort of polish Blizzard has put into Hearthstone, from the interface to the mechanics to the sheer fun of whacking cards against your opponent's face. And thanks to the extensive lore, each card actually has personality invested in it, and a backstory if you care to go looking. While Solforge's mechanics are solid and novel, it's seriously difficult to compete with that.

For me the best thing about Hearthstone is the balance between tactic and casualness but I definitely agree about the huge amount of polish that went into the game, especially the sound effects and animations. On top of that, just the names Blizzard and Warcraft behind the game are gonna make it hard for any other company to compete,

And yeah, forgot about the Humble Bundles. That reminds me, I think I've read somewhere that like 30% of all games owned by Steam Users are never even opened.

Also you guys say CCG instead of tgc

Well, you can't trade in those games.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

More BroodWar by Carbot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqEX26qogfs

This was fucking great

This topic has been locked.