Forum › A "small" topic for video games

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Just watched a playthrough of Outlast and the DLC (cause other than Condemned, I never really had much fun actually playing horror games) and that seemed really cool. I love it when a game let's you play through two different stories happening at the same time in the same overall story. That ending was really awesome.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I love it when a game let's you play through two different stories happening at the same time in the same overall story. That ending was really awesome.

off the top of my head. Game I loved that did this was the ol' classic Alien versus Predator 2, playing through you could sometimes see your character from say the Predator campaign while playing as the Alien. and how it affected the other's campaign. it was just small details, but details sometimes made feel all giddy. I love the game so much.

last edited at Nov 5, 2015 11:34PM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I actually prefer it to be details. Never played that game though, but it's a Monolith game and I usually like those guys (they did Condemned, after all) so maybe I'll check it out. Does it hold up?

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I actually prefer it to be details. Never played that game though, but it's a Monolith game and I usually like those guys (they did Condemned, after all) so maybe I'll check it out. Does it hold up?

I think it does. Gameplay is oldschool solid. Can be sorta vague at times, mostly the Alien campaign at some points.

Might have some resolution issues tho, but mostly for menus.

last edited at Nov 6, 2015 12:25AM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

An amazing Metroid fan film.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3kfyZJhC3U

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Watching people react to MKX stuff is the best thing there is on youtube.

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

Fallout 4 tonight. I haven't been big on the series, but this one is supposed to be crammed with quests and have a landscape like Skyrim, so I'm giving it a shot.

joined Mar 23, 2013

I'm not buying it, from the reviews and the stream leaks I saw what I feared when this was first announced.

It's FO3 with none of it's problem fixed with an additional 8 years of development.
I'm sure it will sell well

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Fallout 4 tonight. I haven't been big on the series, but this one is supposed to be crammed with quests and have a landscape like Skyrim, so I'm giving it a shot.

Someone on Twitter described it as "Animal Crossing but with guns", after spending an hour fiddling with placement of a piece of fence.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Any information on the modding yet? That's literally the only thing that matters to me. I really hope the modding scene grows to just half the size of TES.
Definitely not gonna buy it immediately though.

Animal Crossing with guns sounds awesome, just saying. But yeah, if it's anything like that Skyrim mod(?) where you could build a base to defend, first person building sucks.

last edited at Nov 9, 2015 11:27AM

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Sorry for the picture dump but my yuri googles are going into overdrive with NW's new event

Oh and it seems the bed here belongs to Asuka

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Any information on the modding yet? That's literally the only thing that matters to me. I really hope the modding scene grows to just half the size of TES.
Definitely not gonna buy it immediately though.

Animal Crossing with guns sounds awesome, just saying. But yeah, if it's anything like that Skyrim mod(?) where you could build a base to defend, first person building sucks.

last I heard they are all in for mods even on console version.

but who knows what they have in mind. After all, they are the ones who attempted to have that paid mods business, with no foresight whatsoever on the effects it would have.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Well, they have been doing paid mods since 2006.

Thanks for the answer. I'm guessing console mods are just going to be ported PC mods? I had a JTAGed 360 so I know it has been possible to some capacity for a while now (as long as it didn't include new resources) but it's cool to see consoles officially open up a bit.

Speaking of that, I'm pretty curious as to how the steambox is gonna impact console gaming in the next generation.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Probably, I assume its gonne be up to the community to port them too.

Also not sure if theres gonna be a legal gray with copyright laws like in PC modding. Don't know how companies may react or if they will at all. Like... I know Nintendo loves to have a tight hold on their IPs. There might be curation involved in the console-side at least.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

For anyone interested... that Written in the Sky vn is out on Steam.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/416130/
(It's free and it has Yuri)

Ya know... that one with the horrible cringe-inducing trailer...

last edited at Nov 9, 2015 10:54PM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Is it weird that my favorite character from Until Dawn is the Analyst? Going by like half an hour after his first appearance.

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

Is it weird that my favorite character from Until Dawn is the Analyst? Going by like half an hour after his first appearance.

Not really. It would be weirder if your favoite character was Emily

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I kinda liked her by the end, especially after her badassery in the mines and after her interactions with Matt stopped. Would hate her in real life though.

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

That Gust game that seens yurish was released already right? Someone knows how the story go? If it end in het or death for one or both of the girls? Anything?

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

That Gust game that seens yurish was released already right? Someone knows how the story go? If it end in het or death for one or both of the girls? Anything?

Looking around on /u/, it seems is just your classic strong but ambiguous subtext. And is posisble that it will toned down even more during localization

http://gematsu.com/2015/11/nights-azure-details-leading-characters

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/11/10/meet-arnice-and-lilysse-nights-of-azures-bffs/

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I see, thanks Dark_Tzitzimine.

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

I kinda liked her by the end, especially after her badassery in the mines and after her interactions with Matt stopped. Would hate her in real life though.

I really like her aswell. I mean she IS a total bitch but compared to the others she doesn't come to many bullsh*t conclusions like thinking a bite will turn you into a Wendigo? Seriously where did that come from. Also I ship Matt and Jessica WAY more though sadly there doesn't seem to be an ending where Jessica appreciates being saved by him

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I really like her aswell. I mean she IS a total bitch but compared to the others she doesn't come to many bullsh*t conclusions like thinking a bite will turn you into a Wendigo? Seriously where did that come from. Also I ship Matt and Jessica WAY more though sadly there doesn't seem to be an ending where Jessica appreciates being saved by him

Relevant

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

Relevant

Like my thoughts put into a comic strip

This topic has been locked.