Forum › A "small" topic for video games

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

I'm not a big fan of PvP, either. Too often you have to build your character a certain way for it to be relevant, and for people to want to group with you. Can't stick with games like WoW or CoD.

I usually find satisfaction in PvE games that allow you to build your character in your own style throughout. Ones that give you a strong environment to explore and/or characters to get to know. Games that provide a great story. I'm still playing Skyrim, and playing through Undertale a third time.

Games that provide a great story and environment to explore. Mentions Skyrim the next sentence, this should be a crime.

Talking about the main story, or the hundreds of side stories?

FTR, it's not just story, it's pretty much the whole game. There's a lot of JRPG's in particular that I've tried playing and seem to have a good story but the game mechanics either bore or frustrate me.

joined Mar 23, 2013

I'm not a big fan of PvP, either. Too often you have to build your character a certain way for it to be relevant, and for people to want to group with you. Can't stick with games like WoW or CoD.

I usually find satisfaction in PvE games that allow you to build your character in your own style throughout. Ones that give you a strong environment to explore and/or characters to get to know. Games that provide a great story. I'm still playing Skyrim, and playing through Undertale a third time.

Games that provide a great story and environment to explore. Mentions Skyrim the next sentence, this should be a crime.

The main story is pretty bad. The side quests are uninspired, the immersion is weak. For you go to point A to point B with a little thing that says "go here!" on your map(I know you can turn it off).

The dungeoneering is more linear than linear see :

http://i.imgur.com/vEqFZZj.jpg

The world itself lacks vitality, the biggest "cities" has no population whatsoever. The world feels so barren; lack of enemy diversity.

I could go on and on about it's fault, But I would prefer not to.

Let's just say that I don't agree with your opinion that the game has a good story and great immersion/exploration feel to it.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

FUCK LIFE IS STRANGE and FUCK BURY YOUR GAYS.
That is all...

EDIT: if anyone wants to know my actual thoughts as to why the whole thing is bull and why it makes no sense feel free to ask.

last edited at Oct 20, 2015 9:14AM

joined Mar 23, 2013

That is all...

EDIT: if anyone wants to know my actual thoughts as to why the whole thing is bull and why it makes no sense feel free to ask.

Sure, I always enjoy a good rant. Just make sure to spoiler.

last edited at Oct 20, 2015 11:52AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

F*** Devpro is still down! I want to try the new yugimons. Edit: OH! I'm an idiot! re-downloading...

That is all...

lol, go right ahead. I watched the kiss scene online but it didn't pick my interest.

Game: Persona 4 Pairing: Chie x Yukiko Link: pixiv1 pixiv2

last edited at Oct 21, 2015 1:15AM

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

The Lily Boost System is like the best thing ever in Planetdestroyer

It's also actually REALLY useful as an mechanic

Too bad we are missing out on CPU candidates Lily Action

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

so uh... this trailer is amazing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_loRDrWCv10

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_loRDrWCv10

Needs more MURRICA!

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

More Devolver is always a good thing. Took them like, forever to realease that.

joined Mar 23, 2013

I dunno, I feel like a game trailer wihout any gameplay in it to be rather weak. Maybe that's just me :/

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I dunno, I feel like a game trailer wihout any gameplay in it to be rather weak. Maybe that's just me :/

Pretty sure that trailer is mostly fanservice to the fans... of a game that has been around for over a year.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

So...I stopped paying attention to Smash 4 tournaments for a month or so...ZeRo lost?!

Game: Splatoon Pairing: Callie x Marie Links: pixiv1 pixiv2

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Sakura Fantasy CGs, some yuri sex scenes.
or e-hentai link

Game is basically yuri-fanservice, in chapter format. tho ppl say it has a surprisingly interesting plot... duno.

Its on steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/375200/
Steam has a censored version, uncensored patch somewhere around there in the community hub I guess.

last edited at Oct 22, 2015 1:15AM

joined Mar 23, 2013

Pretty sure that trailer is mostly fanservice to the fans... of a game that has been around for over a year.

Calling it a trailer is misleading then =P

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Bumping this. The android version works fine, it's cute but short.

Game: FE: Sacred Stones Pairing: Lute x Vanessa Links: pixiv1 pixiv2

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013
Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Splatfest: Pirates vs Ninjas. Now that's what I'm talking about! it's not Treat vs Trick?

I love this guy

Funny XD

Series: Megaman Pairing: Roll x Kalinka Links pixiv1 pixiv2

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

Sakura Fantasy CGs, some yuri sex scenes.
or e-hentai link

Game is basically yuri-fanservice, in chapter format. tho ppl say it has a surprisingly interesting plot... duno.

Its on steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/375200/
Steam has a censored version, uncensored patch somewhere around there in the community hub I guess.

Don't get the wrong idea, this isn't Planescape Torment but the writing is actually good right now and there is a fantastic story to be had with the things they establish, if it was just a little more epic,

funny coming from a spank-material franchise

also it has nice T&A + pure Yuri, the best things in the world

last edited at Oct 24, 2015 4:02PM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I'm still waiting for my rant, Rosenakahara

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I'm still waiting for my rant, Rosenakahara

That's how they get you! next week she'll charge us 30$ for the abridged version, then a 4.99 dlc for the director's cut.

Series: SB69 Pairing: Holmy x Jacqueline Links: pixiv1 pixiv2

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Haha, I forgot how bad the AI in the older Yugioh games was. *Activade Pot of Duality -> Chain Dark bribe!
Yugioh 5'ds duel transer story mode too easy. the story sucks basically nothing happens...maybe post-game?

Series: Pokemon(Sinnoh) Pairing: Dawn x Cynthia Links: pixiv1 pixiv2

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

The main story is pretty bad. The side quests are uninspired, the immersion is weak. For you go to point A to point B with a little thing that says "go here!" on your map(I know you can turn it off).

The dungeoneering is more linear than linear see :

http://i.imgur.com/vEqFZZj.jpg

The world itself lacks vitality, the biggest "cities" has no population whatsoever. The world feels so barren; lack of enemy diversity.

I could go on and on about it's fault, But I would prefer not to.

Let's just say that I don't agree with your opinion that the game has a good story and great immersion/exploration feel to it.

Yeah we severely disagree. I had a great time taking care of all the side quests, deciding on characters' fates, becoming leader of the different guilds. I don't see the lack of life you do. Not to mention I love getting to use one character in a variety of different ways in combat.

last edited at Oct 27, 2015 8:04PM

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

Splatfest: Pirates vs Ninjas. Now that's what I'm talking about! it's not Treat vs Trick?

I love this guy

Funny XD

Series: Megaman Pairing: Roll x Kalinka Links pixiv1 pixiv2

As a Pirate Ninja, I have chosen the Pirates, as I know most will choose Ninjas.

We are few, and we will win.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yeah we severely disagree. I had a great time taking care of all the side quests, deciding on characters' fates, becoming leader of the different guilds. I don't see the lack of life you do. Not to mention I love getting to use one character in a variety of different ways in combat.

I think my biggest complaint with Skyrim is you could do too much with a single character. You're the saviour and eventually leader of three different guilds, you're able to do literally everything, and the only thing you can't do in a single playthrough is win on both sides of the war. Which honestly breaks the immersion for me. I'd rather have some sort of specialization which makes some things easier and others more difficult, to encourage multiple runs.

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

I think my biggest complaint with Skyrim is you could do too much with a single character. You're the saviour and eventually leader of three different guilds, you're able to do literally everything, and the only thing you can't do in a single playthrough is win on both sides of the war. Which honestly breaks the immersion for me. I'd rather have some sort of specialization which makes some things easier and others more difficult, to encourage multiple runs.

You can negotiate peace though if you complete the main story before picking a side in the war

I'm ok with the all-powerful approach, because really, the Dragonborn is all-powerful lol. Being the leader of the different guilds and all that. I'll admit many of the choices aren't difficult, but this is a game where you can crate your own fun. Like slaughtering an entire town. Or just wandering through the wilderness and finding random game to track.

Other games though, I tend to agree with the too powerful sentiment. But I think it's because of the restrictions. Like with Mass Effect. It kills me that you can blow up a reaper, and yet not have any authority in the military. They just brush it off like you're not saving their lives. Whatever.

This topic has been locked.