Forum › My Beloved discussion

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Do you know anything about in vitro?

Currently in vitro is only possible for married couples (including common law marriages, now), so no. This is because professional group regulations, though, rather than formal law—though that said, those regulations are crafted to reflect definitions enshrined in formal law.

Hypothetically, an OBGYN operating in Shibuya could perform the procedure for a couple with a marriage certificate there, but given the risks I don't think it's likely. On the other hand, because it's permission is tied to marriage, if that passes then in vitro would follow pretty quickly.

Further reading:
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2014/01/06/national/common-law-pairs-okd-for-in-vitro-births/
http://www.advocate.com/commentary/2016/3/07/making-lgbt-families-possibility-japan

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Thanks a lot Cyfer

Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

Super late to the game on this chapter but gosh what a good read. Self-referential work by Takemiya.. what a blessing. Those last few lines were so endearing.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Ok, so i know i'm like mega super late to the party, but i just went into a Takemiya Jin binge and this particular series felt like the most realistic of all of her works. I'm still sad that Youko and Nana never ended up together since they were pretty much both in love with each other, but i guess thats how it is sometimes in life. Wish closure could be that easy in real life though. Thats the only part that bothered me a little about that relationship. Youko hasn't seen Nana in a long time and she acts like nothing ever happened and she even brushed her own feelings aside at the end which was the reason she got mad at Nana on the first place. I still can't forget an old love

Overall, pretty good, i just had that one minor issue with the series as a whole. Jin is my yuri goddess after reading all of her works.

(BTW, if bumping 6 months old thread is no good then, please let me know and i'll delete my post)

last edited at Nov 11, 2016 1:11AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

So half of this series hasn't been translated, or am I reading the info page wrong? It seems to wrap up pretty tidily with only five chapters.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

FRom what I saw above half is right, 5/10 is scanlated so far.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Nice, one more piece of the puzzle that is the Takemiya Jin Universe - the TJU.

Hmm, probably should have gone with Yuriverse instead...

last edited at Dec 18, 2017 1:15PM

joined Sep 17, 2017

Something to help those as confused as me with the new release, chronologically Blindfolded and Secret Love (currently chapters 4-6) take place between My actual Beloved and My Beloved (chapter 2 and 3). Was confused until I reread it all and figured that out.

And for all those curious, there are still 4 parts left from the Game tank which lines up with Divulge's site saying they have 4 chapters left from said tank to translate. So 4 more chapters yet to come for this love square by the sounds of it.

last edited at Dec 18, 2017 1:41PM

Nico%204
joined May 26, 2015

Something to help those as confused as me with the new release, chronologically Blindfolded and Secret Love (currently chapters 4-6) take place between My actual Beloved and My Beloved (chapter 2 and 3). Was confused until I reread it all and figured that out.

And for all those curious, there are still 4 parts left from the Game tank which lines up with Divulge's site saying they have 4 chapters left from said tank to translate. So 4 more chapters yet to come for this love square by the sounds of it.

Also, chapter 6 happens before chapter 3, they're talking about organizing the gathering that ends up being shown on chapter 3 where Nana and Youko meet again. Also, now I want to see Moriyama's and Satomi's reactions when Nana went after Youko, because now it's obvious they both "planned" for that, but thinking about it and seeing it happen might be completely different. Seeing Moriyama that jealous just thinking about it, imagine what was going through her head then. Lastly, I think the reason Youko "can't read" those novels is actually because she came to despise her sister and that image of an older sister so much, not because she's still hung up on Nana.

last edited at Dec 18, 2017 9:21PM

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

So last chapter was a prequel of the drinking party.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Also, chapter 6 happens before chapter 3, they're talking about organizing the gathering that ends up being shown on chapter 3 where Nana and Youko meet again.

That's what they said.

Also, now I want to see Moriyama's and Satomi's reactions when Nana went after Youko, because now it's obvious they both "planned" for that, but thinking about it and seeing it happen might be completely different. Seeing Moriyama that jealous just thinking about it, imagine what was going through her head then.

Yeah, I was wondering about that, too. I even went back read through the series again just to see if there were any hints toward her feeling that way. Also, the story, as well.

Lastly, I think the reason Youko "can't read" those novels is actually because she came to despise her sister and that image of an older sister so much, not because she's still hung up on Nana.

It might just be the whole situation that happened because of the novel. I had been thinking about it myself.

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Oh dear god it's ongoing... I thought it was over for a moment and was like "okay it's realistic and all, but what the hell, give me closure at least ;_;".

I don't know what I want. I'd like the childhood friends to get together because I'm a dreamer. But the author of the book being the onee-sama always dreamed of is too perfect... Argh, damn you Sensei! I don't like to be confused.

last edited at Dec 25, 2017 4:13PM

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Oh god it is so hard to keep straight sometimes which chapter goes into which collection with Takemiya Jin, ahaha.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

This new chapter (7) takes place after the party, right? Since she's moving on and has clearly lost the thing that appeared the drinking party. I'm keeping it vague in case this spoils anyone.

Also, I kinda giggled at this scene.

last edited at Dec 20, 2017 2:10PM

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

Goddess, I'm so in love with Takemiya!

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Beloved == All Love Is Unrequited

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Goddess, I'm so in love with Takemiya!

Me, years ago: "Hey, it's not like I LIKE "yuri" per se, I just find that it has the best mangaka and doujins." And cited Takemiya Jin, Shuninta Amano, and the Qualia the Purple series.

In truth it's probably that I DO like yuri genre but also that I prefer, e.g., SOL to "action" etc. and in that respect the yuri genre has some amazing literature. I have yet to see light novels as good as Maria-sama, for instance.

joined Aug 22, 2016

Takemiya's releases comes out in such a confusing order. Why would this chapter be part of Game?

Youko's new girlfriend is kinda scary. I bet the girlfriend asked for a kiss from Youko, because she knew Nana would see it. She also searched Youko's house? And now hits her. Controlling, manipulative, paranoid, physical and desperate. That's not simple jealousy.

Girlfriend and Satomi hatch a plan for a rather large pretend party just to see how Youko and Nana would react to each other? Both of their actions are so backhanded it's really annoying.

Nana and Youko may have some lingering mutual feelings. I get the hesitation, but Girlfriend and Satomi could be more direct about this.

last edited at Dec 20, 2017 5:28PM

Nico%204
joined May 26, 2015

Also, chapter 6 happens before chapter 3, they're talking about organizing the gathering that ends up being shown on chapter 3 where Nana and Youko meet again.

That's what they said.

Lmao, you're right. Somehow when I wrote this my brain must've ignored the part about chapter 6 and only considered what they said being about chapter 4.

Lomographic Colored Past
74ec91ae-b46c-44be-9b5e-7c40e1fb423d
joined Dec 29, 2016

So.. I know this is a lost cause, but I still ship Nana and Youko. I mean who knows what will happen in their later years, then Satomi and her senpai can get together, since they have the same level of thinking.

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

Even Jin's weird expressions have improved xD

last edited at Dec 21, 2017 8:06AM

joined Apr 27, 2015

Youko's new girlfriend is kinda scary. I bet the girlfriend asked for a kiss from Youko, because she knew Nana would see it. She also searched Youko's house? And now hits her. Controlling, manipulative, paranoid, physical and desperate. That's not simple jealousy.

I feel like you're reading too much into whats a pretty jokey hit, but it's pretty curious that it seems like the 3 of them hang out a lot but nana has yet to join them.

1916028_1073061359394379_8287547252845901979_n
joined May 1, 2017

Im kind of conflicted, i dont know who to support

Fb99a412e56031b0a8f5568f284d39f1435bb314_hq
joined Nov 19, 2017

ohh the bitterness of this manga is way too much it's like licking a lemon

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

This story is a bit all over the place for me. Nana really got on my nerves this chapter and it's funny how passive Youko's role in this is. She basically has no say in anything.

To reply you must either login or sign up.