Forum › Online Reader Suggestions for Improvement

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

I think we should implement a system where the more controversial and negative the response to a chapter is on the forums the more likely that chapter is to become featured and permanent.

No, this is stupid and being an asshole. I already told you my reasons why on IRC when someone tried to feature "Oshikko Sensei" the other day.

It's a joke.

Totally unfunny joke in a totally improper place. Doesn't really make it better.

My point is that some people don't realize that simply because you don't like something doesn't mean that it should be removed from the reader, and complaining on the forums is not going to change that.

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Well, the only way for most people to have some input on something on the reader is to use the forums, since I doubt anyone is going to hop on the IRC to do anything.
We can't just write them completely off of the forums and have it just be a circlejerk here.
If people are complaining about a chapter/series that fits within our arbitrarily set system, just tell them to read the tags.
I won't deny that what you said isn't already mostly our policy after the argument topic I put up didn't go anywhere, but I tend to leave those jokes on the IRC for the most part rather than in the Suggestions Topic.

last edited at May 2, 2013 2:16PM

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Can we have a page selector for the mobile version?
That's my only real complaint for the reader right now.

joined Feb 6, 2013

I think we should implement a system where the more controversial and negative the response to a chapter is on the forums the more likely that chapter is to become featured and permanent.

No, this is stupid and being an asshole. I already told you my reasons why on IRC when someone tried to feature "Oshikko Sensei" the other day.

It's a joke.

Totally unfunny joke in a totally improper place. Doesn't really make it better.

Damn, you okay omni?

Troid Uploader
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

You should feature series because they're good, and for no other reason.

I think we can trust you guys with that.

Casusby Admin
__mioda_ibuki_danganronpa_and_super_danganronpa_2_drawn_by_qosic__sample
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

You should feature series because they're good, and for no other reason.

I think we can trust you guys with that.

Probably not Mich.

joined May 19, 2011

Would it be possible to add a filter in the user's profile which allows people to both hide all manga that do have a certain tag and also hide all manga that don't have a certain tag?

Many people still come here purely for yuri and nothing else and for those people it would be convenient if they could hide everything that doesn't have the yuri tag instead of constantly having to scroll through the fairly long yuri-less recently added list for example. On the other hand some people might take offence in say lolicon and simply being able to hide everything with that tag by just enabling that filter in their profile would surely improve their browsing experience on this site.

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

Would it be possible to add a filter in the user's profile which allows people to both hide all manga that do have a certain tag and also hide all manga that don't have a certain tag?

Many people still come here purely for yuri and nothing else and for those people it would be convenient if they could hide everything that doesn't have the yuri tag instead of constantly having to scroll through the fairly long yuri-less recently added list for example. On the other hand some people might take offence in say lolicon and simply being able to hide everything with that tag by just enabling that filter in their profile would surely improve their browsing experience on this site.

This has been mentioned and said is in the works in this thread already.

sweet little lie
joined Mar 17, 2013

More yuri,please. Not cross-dressing!

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

I demand more yuri cross-dressing!

Ouroboros_tatoo
joined Mar 18, 2013

It seems as if the reader is turning into a whole LGBTQ deal.

I like it! But I bet yuri will still outnumber the rest.

Clip-art-shin-chan-561472
joined May 5, 2013

It seems as if the reader is turning into a whole LGBTQ deal.

I like it! But I bet yuri will still outnumber the rest.

Well, i do like Yaoi manga. But it will be better if its not a crossdressing.

joined May 5, 2013

Feature request
RSS feed for series in the category ongoing that are on a user's list, or something equivalent.
Rationale
The problem I face is that I'm rather rubbish at remembering titles, and the global RSS feed for recently added can be a bit overwhelming/not so relevant to an individual's interests. Having an RSS feed that either informs me when a specific series or set of series have updates posted to them (new chapters, etc) would be nice.
Suggestions

• Provide RSS feeds for individual series (that are marked as ongoing), relatively easy to but leaves the user to add/delete series from their feed reader as needed.
  • Provide a bundled RSS feed based on feeds added to a user's list (like a specific list of "Ongoing"), which would probably be more tough to implement but might be less of a strain in terms of bandwidth (then again, you serve up images, not sure how much of a concern that really is). However, this would be more user friendly and only require they manage one RSS feed.
  • Alternatively, in an attempt to solve the same problem, simply having a read/unread status for each chapter of a series (page level granularity probably not reasonable/needed) would allow me to track my progress in a series without the need for RSS feeds. With this, I could add stuff to a "reading now" list and then just check those manually for updates whenever I had the time.

Thank you for all of your hard work!

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

Adding a RSS feed for each individual series (or any other tag) would be quite easy and quick. So I will probably do that soon.

Also could add an RSS feed for reading list. So would show chapters for series, authors, etc that are on that reading list. That would be a little more involved, is anyone else interested in that functionality?

Having a per user read/unread status per chapter sort of already exists with the Read/To Read list. What would need to be added is easier way to see its status. Like maybe unbolding titles if they are on your Read list. That is something on my list, but have other things I was planning to do first.

Clip-art-shin-chan-561472
joined May 5, 2013

Long time ago, I never tought that there’s a manga for (Sorry) Lesbian genre until I found one call “Blue Friends”. That was my very first yuri manga. I read it every single word, even it just “shivering”, “trembling”, “cough” and another shit words. But that shitty words make my eyes sparkling and my heart beating like crazy.
(Damn, I felt so melancholy when I write this.. LOLs”
I search and search for another one, and one day I finally met a house for me. That white and blue house named “DYNASTY READER”. My God…. I still can remember what I feel that day. I could hear my heart singin Viva La Vida – Coldplay and I could just die from happiness..
Thank you Casuby-sama for make a place for me without a task. You even told us to give it to the charity, such a big heart. Thank you for all the staf for your hard work, Especially MrEngenious who always respond to our fuckin’ comment (I wonder if you start to hate me ). Thank you for the editor and translator; Seravi-sama, Kyra-san, Sailor Avalon, Physis, Procyon, and everybody else who work so hard to allowed us to read that kanji. Without you all it just a peace of paper for me.
Well, that’s all I want to tell you. I have to stop my “Drama-queen” mode right away. Thank you very much. We love you.

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

Blacklisting and whitelisting of tags on recently released and recently added pages has been implemented. Edit them in your user profile.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Added tag to blacklist, recently added shows an error page which disappears if I clean the blacklist again.

last edited at May 7, 2013 10:22PM

joined Nov 11, 2010

I assume I understand what blacklist does, but what would whitelisting mean exactly? In any case, good to see this functionality added. I don't think I'll leave on any permanent filters, but it'll probably help occasionally navigating the release listings.

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

Added tag to blacklist, recently added shows an error page which disappears if I clean the blacklist again.

Fixed that.

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

I assume I understand what blacklist does, but what would whitelisting mean exactly? In any case, good to see this functionality added. I don't think I'll leave on any permanent filters, but it'll probably help occasionally navigating the release listings.

Only show entries that have that tag.

Nyarin
joined Mar 20, 2012

I do I access my lists?

joined Jan 30, 2013

Yeah I can't seem to access my lists either.

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

http://dynasty-scans.com/lists and the link in the navbar. What issue are you having with it?

Capture_001_18092013_1154032
joined Mar 2, 2012

http://dynasty-scans.com/lists and the link in the navbar. What issue are you having with it?

I Don't know what problems they are having but i am unable to open up my lists, i click on them and nothing happens. Altough i can still access them by accessing their adress.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

It seems that it's not generating the link tags in the lists.

last edited at May 8, 2013 5:41PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.