Forum › Forbidden Scrollery discussion

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

This is pretty fun so far. Going to be interesting to see where it leads.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Gaku is actually really behind on this series. Most of the translation here has been done by a guy called Clarste. He can usually be found on TVTropes' Touhou thread if you guys want to ask for permission to host his translations

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Gaku is actually really behind on this series. Most of the translation here has been done by a guy called Clarste. He can usually be found on TVTropes' Touhou thread if you guys want to ask for permission to host his translations

He's also a goon :P

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

i never read this, infact i was waiting for it to be uploaded on DR,
thanks

Volume 1 and 2 can be downloaded from HERE: http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Forbidden_Scrollery
I win.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Really love it when people point stuff like this out for us, I'm working on it now. Many thanks!

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

So... "now" was back in June. September is here, and still no more Scrollery. What's going on here?

ittookmesometimetomakeatvtropsaccountandthenittookawhiletogetaresponseandthentherewereserverproblemsandweeren'tallowedtouploadanynotyuriandthenIhadsomestuffbackeduptodoandthenIwentonvacationandthenIhadcompletelyforgottenandnowheereweare.FromnowonIshoulddefinitelyputeverythingintheto-dolistsomaybethiswon'thappenagain(butitprobablywill)

Quote for full explanation. Mostly I'm just really forgetful, but thanks for the reminder. All of it is up now.

last edited at Sep 10, 2014 7:50PM

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Since everything has beeen sorted out, I just wanna say that Akyu's kind of a bitch. Kozuzu's pretty cool though.

joined Nov 11, 2010

Canon Touhou ftw. I can just feel Zun's yurifag spirit lurking in the murky subtext depths behind the presentation of Akyu and Kosuzu. It's not interesting enough to catch on with the mainstream of the doujin scene/secondary market, but it's moe enough for me.

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

Canon Touhou ftw. I can just feel Zun's yurifag spirit lurking in the murky subtext depths behind the presentation of Akyu and Kosuzu. It's not interesting enough to catch on with the mainstream of the doujin scene/secondary market, but it's moe enough for me.

I really felt it on this page. She almost has a kind of sexy vibe going on in that last panel, I wound up staring at it for a little bit I was so caught off guard.

last edited at Jan 16, 2015 4:16AM

Aru23
joined Jun 24, 2013

I'm so glad this was finally uploaded on the site, almost every work from ZUN are quite interesting, not to mention the art.. it's so freaking cute!! I guess the artist name is not just to showing~

Heart-Of-The-Earth
Nanofate%20feelz
joined Nov 6, 2013

I think Wild and Horned Hermit and Forbidden Scrollery provide a nice contrast. WHH serves to show how humanlike youkai can be while FS shows how alien they can be.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I think Wild and Horned Hermit and Forbidden Scrollery provide a nice contrast. WHH serves to show how humanlike youkai can be while FS shows how alien they can be.

More to the point, WaHH stars a youkai posing as a human, while FS stars a human that's turning into a youkai

last edited at Sep 17, 2014 12:26AM

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

what kind of yukai is the hermit ? at the start i thought she was an oni, but now i'm not so sure.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

what kind of yukai is the hermit ? at the start i thought she was an oni, but now i'm not so sure.

Kasen is almost certainly an oni

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

Kasen is almost certainly an oni

"almost certainly" ...then i'm not the only one with some doubts,
however, i like these two manga, this kind of soprannatural-episodic comedy with a lot of strange characters, remember me of lamù and ranma1/2

2015-01-01_00005
joined May 12, 2014

I like that someone besides Byakuren is being an advocate for the youkai that aren't malicious. The youkai are changing, however slowly, because of Gensokyo, I think. Becoming more accepting of humans. Now if only the humans would work towards becoming more tolerant...

2015-01-01_00005
joined May 12, 2014

I prefer the Kosuzu and Mamizou bits. They're a little more obvious. Akyu just seems to be a friend to Kosuzu.

Plus, if she keeps reading those Youma Books, Kosuzu may become a youkai herself, driving her away from Akyu regardless of her intentions. I'm kinda hoping that will happen.

Kosuzu
joined Nov 11, 2014

I dunno about that. Rather, I think Kosuzu becoming a youkai would be a great opportunity for Akyu to grow as a character and get over herself.

last edited at Jan 17, 2015 1:14PM

E
joined Feb 8, 2014

I love Harukawa-sensei's art, it's also used in ULiL :3

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Anybody else remember when cell phones looked more or less like this? http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/forbidden_scrollery_ch15#20

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Anybody else remember when cell phones looked more or less like this? http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/forbidden_scrollery_ch15#20

Forgive me if this sounds rude, but my estimations for your age seem way off.

Please don't kill me.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Please don't kill me.

tbh I had one like that only 10 years ago, they aren't that old (although it was a couple of years old when I got it, from a friend). Remember that the iPhone only came out in what, 2007? That's only 8 years ago.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Please don't kill me.

tbh I had one like that only 10 years ago, they aren't that old (although it was a couple of years old when I got it, from a friend). Remember that the iPhone only came out in what, 2007? That's only 8 years ago.

Well I inherited my phone, and never really have use for it anyway, so I'm not all that well versed on the timeline of phone history. I just saw a chance to be rude and my body took over.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I have a Note 2 which was like, fucking awesome just 2 years ago and now the Note 4 exists and my phone is just average. Things go pretty fast on the smartphone/handy market.

I don't even have a mobile phone contract for it though since a year or so. Takes like 40% of the usefullness out of it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.