Forum › I Say A Little Prayer discussion

joined Jan 30, 2013

So she isn't running away from her problems anymore but how would that ever work out?

Yuri_Is_My_Lyfe
X
joined Feb 8, 2014

So she isn't running away from her problems anymore but how would that ever work out?

It wouldn't. Going back to her is not facing her problems, more like creating more. Blah to this one shot

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

It reminded me of the Suwako-san doujins. Maybe Ayumi has the same mindset.

Img_3164
joined Sep 14, 2014

I find this one shot very cute!
I love the main character we have a lot in common.... Almost everything

Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

Idk, Ayumi never said she wanted to stop doing what she was doing with Kiyo. Just that she wanted her to meet her boyfriend. It read very much like she was in a long-standing open relationship and Kiyo simply came to the conclusion that she was okay being a part of that. Maybe I'm seeing it with too much of a poly-lens, but I felt like it could definitely work out.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Idk, Ayumi never said she wanted to stop doing what she was doing with Kiyo. Just that she wanted her to meet her boyfriend. It read very much like she was in a long-standing open relationship and Kiyo simply came to the conclusion that she was okay being a part of that. Maybe I'm seeing it with too much of a poly-lens, but I felt like it could definitely work out.

I feel that she should've said that she actually is in a (open?) relationship much sooner tho. Like, at least from the moment it wasn't a ons anymore.

last edited at Dec 16, 2015 6:54PM

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I couldn't do that. I couldn't have an open relationship.
So from my POV the MC is in for a lot of frustration.

yurinaissance
56239_1311160211088_full
joined Oct 30, 2015

It pissed me off....

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

To me, this feels like a bad ending. I'm not against open relationships, but they need to be grounded in honesty to be healthy. This one doesn't seem to be.

joined Dec 19, 2016

To me, this feels like a bad ending. I'm not against open relationships, but they need to be grounded in honesty to be healthy. This one doesn't seem to be.

I see it as bittersweet. Ayumi clearly wanted to be with her just as much as she wanted to be with her boyfriend. That's why she wanted to introduce her so they are aware of each other.

JustAYuriFangirl
Morikubo-nono-full-1788867
joined Feb 13, 2016

Wow, that was... Wow. I'm not against open relationships but she didn't even tell her about it. That's kind of fucked

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

This was... Nice, I guess? :O

joined Aug 23, 2018

Thank you, glad I wasn't the only one feeling that way. You could spin this around and say that the young woman waited until she knew MC was so in love with her, and besotted that she knew MC wouldn't be agaisnt it. Doesn't feel honest at all, and just feels like the young woman is a player. But many will probably say I'm wrong.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Left a bad taste in my mouth

Cpvknwduiaasntu
joined Nov 17, 2016

Poor Kiyo-chan, she deserves better than a girl who is dating someone else behind her back. The ending is really sad, clearly the protagonist is so desperate that she's willing to be a side chick.

joined Dec 26, 2015

I liked it. It feels realistic to me. I mean Kiyo decided to stop running, but sometimes that leads to questionable endings. Like maybe this is the bad end, because Ayumi never disclosed her current relationship with rando-guy, etc. Or maybe this is the start of the happy poly end, where everyone gets what they want. In the end, Kiyo made the decision not to run from her problems and that's an overall good thing

Alternate reading would be Kiyo only said she'll be Ayumi's girlfriend so she can use the shower and then book it again when the rain ends. It's not like they live near each other, and Ayumi's in no position to call her out

271731483_478678657204397_1801763266118199384_n
joined Mar 26, 2021

duudee she is not the only girl just yk

H
joined Dec 18, 2021

UGHHH i would be so heartbroken if that was me. id leave and get a cooler girlfriend. To be honest i dont mind poly relationships or open ones but? not telling someone ur sleeping with or thats ur friend/friend with benefits/ girlfriend? that you have a bf or gf ,, seems like lying to me. Its better to clarify everything at the beginning

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

We've come far from those days.

To reply you must either login or sign up.