Forum › Kodomo no Jikan discussion

Birdi
joined Sep 19, 2014

So, this manga already end last year,
Just saying that Kuro stay in love of Rin but oh course is one side
Dynastic shouldn't give more space to het manga because they already have a lot space instead of yuri works

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

So, this manga already end last year,
Just saying that Kuro stay in love of Rin but oh course is one side
Dynastic shouldn't give more space to het manga because they already have a lot space instead of yuri works

Dynastic shouldn't give space to your user account because they already have a lot of space instead of toddlercon guro.

joined May 24, 2014
joined May 24, 2014

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kodomo_no_jikan_ch85#12

The author has BALLS...BALLS OF STELL, I tell ya!

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Should also toss in here that the power dynamic of age gap when it's two females is nowhere near the same as an adult male and little girl. Again, I'm not a fan of loli in the first place (I like age gap but with a much higher baseline age) so either way isn't exactly a turn-on, but let's not pretend the two are equivalent.

It's actually a really compelling read if you're not just reading it for the romance portion of it. It's actually a really complex and surprisingly well written story. I really don't like stuff like this normally myself and the fan service was too present (although some of the comedy relating to it was fairly hilarious at times) but I decided to give it a try when I saw how long it was simply because I didn't see why a loli-centric story would be able to go on for that long and I wasn't disappointed. It always feels like it's making some sort of progress and if anything I feel that it might feel a bit better with some extra chapters at the end to flesh out things a little more.

Despite my general distaste for male characters in a lot of mangas Aoki actually ended up being one of my favorite characters in this one. It's really quite interesting to compare him at the start and end of the manga with how much he changes. (For the better too.)

so either way isn't exactly a turn-on, but let's not pretend the two are equivalent.

Definitely not the manga you should read if this is all you're looking for though. While the fan service portion of it might work for those who are actually into loli, the rest of it isn't really like that at all.

Cromartie%20highscool
joined Jun 7, 2014

you know reading this again despite the loli stuff it wasn't that bad

Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

So I've seen one clip from the anime, and personally I usually regard the Lolicon + Age Gap tag-combo with suspicion, even more so when the Ecchi tag is there. Do I have anything to fear if I decide to read it, or are they surprisingly underplayed?

joined Oct 12, 2013

It's played pretty straight, but the emotions are genuine, if incredibly unsettling sometimes.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Luhood posted:

So I've seen one clip from the anime, and personally I usually regard the Lolicon + Age Gap tag-combo with suspicion, even more so when the Ecchi tag is there. Do I have anything to fear if I decide to read it, or are they surprisingly underplayed?

There's a fair bit of fan service crap mostly played off for comedy but the story itself is actually quite decent and a pretty compelling read.

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

Heh... heheheh... No, it's kinda in your face, lol. x)

Edit: Also, the yuri stuff is only played for laughs and never leads to anything, and there is het out the ass. :/

last edited at Aug 6, 2016 8:03PM

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Like many mentioned, the story and characters itself is good. But the way the author treat Kuro and all the Yuri stuffs just for laugh (or fan service) left a bitter taste.

It's like you visited your friend who is the greatest guy on Earth. Then find a swastika hanging on his door. Simply won't be able to recall the experience with any enjoyment.

last edited at Aug 30, 2016 7:07PM

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

Wasn't aware dynasty hosted this, but then again there IS Kuro. I reviewed the series a while back:

https://terrenceswiff.wordpress.com/2016/06/30/kodomo-no-jikan/

I actually thought the yuri stuff was handled well for a time, but do think overall Kuro was the most underutilized of the three girls. Maybe that's why Watashiya exported her to Joou-sama no Eshi as the main heroine. At any rate, I think this manga's very smart, and that its bad reputation is both overblown and unfortunate.

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

This is a GREAT series, and the anime was world-class too.
Once you look past the thin veneer of ecchi and such things? There's a really deep and heart warming story of 3 girls trying to survive in a crazy world. They have real problems and make real mistakes, and it's drawn and told beautifully!

So get ready to laugh and cry as we grow with our trio (they age as the chapters go by eh?) and the adults who surround them.
10/10 easily. 14+ of course, lolz!

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Is it just me or is Reiji just a straight up creep? I mean the whole story is beyond creepy, but he literally can't wait for Rin to turn 16 and marry her, he also gave her hickies while she was sleeping. Also, I'm pretty sure he's just using her as a substitute for her mother and says "that's what her mother would've wanted" or something like that

Although I only started reading at chapter 34 or something so maybe I'm a bit biased

last edited at Nov 8, 2018 10:47PM

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Is it just me or is Reiji just a straight up creep? I mean the whole story is beyond creepy, but he literally can't wait for Rin to turn 16 and marry her, he also gave her hickies while she was sleeping. Also, I'm pretty sure he's just using her as a substitute for her mother and says "that's what her mother would've wanted" or something like that

Although I only started reading at chapter 34 or something so maybe I'm a bit biased

It's a little more complicated than that. He's shown to be a normal and decent parent for the majority of Rin's childhood, but he goes through a brief phase where he gets confused and decides he's supposed to be Rin's lover. MC confronts him and snaps him out of it. (Sort of. He's always weird and troubled)

Like with most of the things in this manga, the author is toeing a VERY sensitive line, and your mileage may vary.

last edited at Nov 8, 2018 11:49PM

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

It's a little more complicated than that. He's shown to be a normal and decent parent for the majority of Rin's childhood, but he goes through a brief phase where he gets confused and decides he's supposed to be Rin's lover. MC confronts him and snaps him out of it. (Sort of. He's always weird and troubled)

Like with most of the things in this manga, the author is toeing a VERY sensitive line, and your mileage may vary.

I dunno, he just acts a bit childish for his age compared to sensei and in reality would have some mental issues

Opiumloli
Team Vanilla
joined Jul 7, 2011

Ten years later, and I only just noticed the incredible easter egg on this page. It's so cute she'd include a book by the author of Bambi along with Alice in Wonderland.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kodomo_no_jikan_ch29#3

Onehundredthousandyears
joined Mar 27, 2021

Wasn't interested at first, but after seeing the polarising reception this gets, I pretty much have no choice but to read it and find out.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Was honestly one of my favorites on MAL for a while until eventually being pushed out by a growing list of even better series. Would have preferred Aoki-sensei to end up with Houin-sensei myself, despite my usual liking for loli. Probably would have suited the general realism of the story better, at least in my opinion, to the extent that I changed my rating for the series from 10 to 9 after chapter 78, especially since even with everything going on it did manage to avoid showing any actual possibility of age gap relationships until then. But then again, I can see why the author would want the main girl to win in the end.

Ten years later, and I only just noticed the incredible easter egg on this page. It's so cute she'd include a book by the author of Bambi along with Alice in Wonderland.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kodomo_no_jikan_ch29#3

That third book, though...

last edited at Nov 22, 2021 8:53AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.