Forum › Picnic discussion

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Yes, this is just a short oneshot. Uploaded partially because it's been requested a handful of times.

It's also part of the Robot anthology, which won't have a page here since we probably won't be uploading anything else from it.

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

"You can see under the skirts." Totally the main reason XD

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

That was... interesting.

joined Oct 20, 2013

I helped. \o/

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Interesting- and different. I dunno about LOTS of artifacts- hardly noticed any and they were pretty minor.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Interesting- and different. I dunno about LOTS of artifacts- hardly noticed any and they were pretty minor.

Courtesy of a certain someone's help, we replaced the jpeg-y, blurred-to-nothingness version with something nicer. Tags updated to reflect that.

Policeeverybreathyoutakesingles
joined Oct 27, 2013

Is it just me or do the future people look like hippies?

joined Jan 17, 2014

art look great

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

The world got better without people living on it............yeah sounds about right

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

The world got better without people living on it............yeah sounds about right

why ya gotta be so pesimistic(probably spelt that wrong)

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Do you live in a city? if so look outside, there you go my point is proven

Large
joined Jun 4, 2012

I liked this one, it has a good art and it is different

joined Jul 17, 2013

The art is awesome.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

yay! that was a really cute story.

joined Apr 14, 2013

best reason to live down below lol

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

Loved it! Even if the yuri feels a bit incidental, the art (and full-colour-ness) and setting are definitely enough to sell this. I wish there was more sci-fi yuri out there...

Art
joined Jan 31, 2013

Environmental damage is one of the price we have to pay for all this technological advancement. So, in a way, we made a contract with Kyuubey at some point in history.

See, people use technology to grant wishes(e.g. having a easier life, reaching Mars, posting pics of brunch on Instagram, flashing junk to strangers on Omegle). But in exchange, we corrupt this green, lush gem called earth with spreading miasma of thick, black industrial smoke.

Some people wish we can go back in time when we weren't so dependent of all this blasphemic technology. But deep inside, we know that if we take away technology from our life, the only thing that left is our naked ape body in a stone cave. Furthermore, we won't survive a single day with our rounded teeth and claw competing with the wild(not to mention the horror of not being able to post your lunch on Instagram).

So, we can only wait till someone come up with clean energy, the one that can grant our wishes without the risk of turning us to become environment destroyer witches. And let's hope that people won't realize I turned Madoka's plot into environmentalist agenda...

Wait, what?

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Environmental damage is one of the price we have to pay for all this technological advancement. So, in a way, we made a contract with Kyuubey at some point in history.

See, people use technology to grant wishes(e.g. having a easier life, reaching Mars, posting pics of brunch on Instagram, flashing junk to strangers on Omegle). But in exchange, we corrupt this green, lush gem called earth with spreading miasma of thick, black industrial smoke.

Some people wish we can go back in time when we weren't so dependent of all this blasphemic technology. But deep inside, we know that if we take away technology from our life, the only thing that left is our naked ape body in a stone cave. Furthermore, we won't survive a single day with our rounded teeth and claw competing with the wild(not to mention the horror of not being able to post your lunch on Instagram).

So, we can only wait till someone come up with clean energy, the one that can grant our wishes without the risk of turning us to become environment destroyer witches. And let's hope that people won't realize I turned Madoka's plot into environmentalist agenda...

Wait, what?

My greatest fear is a world without yuri to read.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Wait, what?

I never said i hated technology did i? i just stated that the world would be better off without humans.......which is true, though personally i like humans, flawed as they are.

last edited at Apr 23, 2014 7:25AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

That's called the Fallacy Of the Excluded Middle. In other words, presenting two extremes as the only choices.

But the fact is, there are other choices, and there are definitely ways to maintain a standard of living somewhat above shivering in a cave without causing the degree of environmental damage that we have in the past. Especially in the modern era, we have the technology (but not the political will) to use less damaging energy sources and/or methods to reduce the damage caused by sources already in use.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

That's called the Fallacy Of the Excluded Middle. In other words, presenting two extremes as the only choices.

But the fact is, there are other choices, and there are definitely ways to maintain a standard of living somewhat above shivering in a cave without causing the degree of environmental damage that we have in the past. Especially in the modern era, we have the technology (but not the political will) to use less damaging energy sources and/or methods to reduce the damage caused by sources already in use.

going away from the tech vs nature argument: the art here is awesome :)

Art
joined Jan 31, 2013

I never said i hated technology did i? i just stated that the world would be better off without humans.......which is true, though personally i like humans, flawed as they are.

Not as your source of energy, I hope...

Are us? I really am freaked out right now, Evil Matrix Overlord-sama...

Well... that was meant as a joke, so I don't expect any serious response. Though, your response made me open another tab for Wikipedia, I like it. And I know that more people become environmentally aware lately and they pitch many great new idea of environmental-friendly technology(like superconductor, and all other things, I'm too stupid to understand all that science-y stuffs). So now let's just hope that the technological advancement catch up quickly before we choked in our own carbon waste fume. :)

If I may brag a little, here in Papua, Indonesia, is claimed as the "Last best place". It's not as isolated as this, but does resemble in some place. I bet you'd love the scenery. Come visit!

Except you really are Evil Robot Overlord, in which case, please don't turn us into your pink goo battery.

last edited at Apr 23, 2014 11:55PM

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Not as your source of energy, I hope...

Are us? I really am freaked out right now, Evil Matrix Overlord-sama...

Well... that was meant as a joke, so I don't expect any serious response. Though, your response made me open another tab for Wikipedia, I like it. And I know that more people become environmentally aware lately and they pitch many great new idea of environmental-friendly technology(like superconductor, and all other things, I'm too stupid to understand all that science-y stuffs). So now let's just hope that the technological advancement catch up quickly before we choked in our own carbon waste fume. :)

If I may brag a little, here in Papua, Indonesia, is claimed as the "Last best place". It's not as isolated as this, but does resemble in some place. I bet you'd love the scenery. Come visit!

Except you really are Evil Robot Overlord, in which case, please don't turn us into your pink goo battery.

Please robots don't deserve to rule the world im more your typical overlord, but you will be pleased to know i read the overlord list so free jobs and workplace benefits for everyone!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well, like Slartibardfast I'm a great fan of science, but like you I totally suck at it. So I sit on the fringes and go "woah, that's cool" a lot.

I like to think we're at the stage where, if we put our collective minds to it, we can accomplish things without going through that "innovate => ruin" process as bad as we have in the past.

Yya%20background
joined Feb 2, 2015

Really interesting. I want to read more!

To reply you must either login or sign up.