Forum › Stretch discussion

joined Mar 23, 2013

But on the flip side, Keiko does not seem to be the person who would necessarily need the kid to be her own...she could adopt just any cute child and she'd be happy.

Yeah adopting...

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

I love how everyone is treating Keiko like a invaluable vase, like she starts having a breakdown any second now if people don't keep watch out, ''OMG, THERE IS A CHILD AND SHE HAD A MISCARRIAGE WATCH OUT GUYS''
Come on guys, I know she has her moments, but she is an adult, Ran should know this

joined Mar 23, 2013

Come on guys, I know she has her moments, but she is an adult, Ran should know this.

But in the story she cries about it multiple times in the story and has nightmares. Who knows how regular these episodes are, we don't see everyday of their lives afterall. Is it so strange that Ran might be concerned?

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

Come on guys, I know she has her moments, but she is an adult, Ran should know this.

But in the story she cries about it multiple times in the story and has nightmares. Who knows how regular these episodes are, we don't see everyday of their lives afterall. Is it so strange that Ran might be concerned?

To be honest, I just read the latest chapter and went on what other people said, she handled it pretty well
Also interesting that Keiko is aware of her bad dreams

Sj2
joined Nov 23, 2014

Come on guys, I know she has her moments, but she is an adult, Ran should know this

Exactly. Ran was simply worried that Keiko might fall into despair again. And perhaps the reason Ran suggested they drink some alcohol is because she just loves drinking? Maybe later in the chapter it's something Ran has to work on and resolve for herself.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Exactly. Ran was simply worried that Keiko might fall into despair again. And perhaps the reason Ran suggested they drink some alcohol is because she just loves drinking? Maybe later in the chapter it's something Ran has to work on and resolve for herself.

I've always wondered about Ran. People who drink a lot usually drink for a reason, what's hers? I mean aside the father thing, she drank before that.

Sj2
joined Nov 23, 2014

I've always wondered about Ran. People who drink a lot usually drink for a reason, what's hers? I mean aside the father thing, she drank before that.

From what I understand, Ran started drinking after her father died. That alone could be the reason. It might still have a huge effect on her. But I guess you can count the fact that she's a med student. That can be stressful too.

(Might I dare add that her unrequited love/crush on Keiko is eating at her as well).

joined Mar 23, 2013

From what I understand, Ran started drinking after her father died. That alone could be the reason. It might still have a huge effect on her. But I guess you can count the fact that she's a med student. That can be stressful too.

(Might I dare add that her unrequited love/crush on Keiko is eating at her as well).

Most probably father and romance, Ran said she's always been a good student. I can relate, I have awesome memory, I can safely say that if not for my memory I would be in a very different situation today. I played vidja games way too much in High school and college, if I was anywhere near average It would of been flunk galore.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

But on the flip side, Keiko does not seem to be the person who would necessarily need the kid to be her own...she could adopt just any cute child and she'd be happy.

Yeah adopting...

I know there used to be the whole "the gays r bad 4 chldrn" mentality right now but same-sex partnerships is legal in a municipality in Tokyo now.

So there's definitely a LOT of loopholes one could use.

last edited at May 8, 2015 9:15PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yeah adopting...

I know there used to be the whole "the gays r bad 4 chldrn" mentality right now but same-sex partnerships is legal in a municipality in Tokyo now.

Marriage in one municipality (which the country's government definitely does not like) is still a long way from adoption rights. There's still a long battle ahead, we may not even see the end in our lifetime.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

^ Yeah Ran started her alcoholic tendencies after her dad died. But if I remember correctly, from that one glorious chapter where she got wasted and Keiko shot her like 10 texts and calls out of worry, she's been sober for a while.

Lately I think she likes to get drunk with Keiko...she doesn't really ever do it alone except for that one time when the bar threw a party for Keiko's ex. I think Ran thinks it's unrequited love, but up to this point it doesn't bother her more than simply being with Keiko makes her happy.

She is one to throw hints around deviously, so her asking Keiko to get wasted with her at that moment I suspect is a mini plea.

last edited at May 8, 2015 9:20PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

Yeah adopting...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-32130599

"Not legally binding" Meaning it's a feel good piece of paper at the moment.

I'm fairly certain there is no reliable, sure and safe way for lesbian couples to have children in Japan at the moment. They can only look for the future and hope it won't be too late for them.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Marriage in one municipality (which the country's government definitely does not like) is still a long way from adoption rights. There's still a long battle ahead, we may not even see the end in our lifetime.

I know a bit of law from my extended family...basically if you hire the right lawyer and play your cards right it is more than possible. Not guaranteed obviously by any means, but if Keiko adopts a kid and then just "happens to be in the same room as an old kouhai as she has for a while"...it wouldn't garner any legal action unless a very pissed-off and nosy douchenozzle whined a lot.

Of course, all speculation.

And I think it's a bit pessimistic to think that we won't see the end in our lifetime, if by end you mean "full LGBTQIA" rights and not "no more discrimination". I live in a part of the US that is 15 minutes outside of a country town that waves confederate flags...discrimination will always be around unfortunately. History has patterns and unless you plan on dying in the next 20 years (which is also pessimistic), it seems large actions in the right direction are in store for the first world.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

And I think it's a bit pessimistic to think that we won't see the end in our lifetime, if by end you mean "full LGBTQIA" rights and not "no more discrimination". I live in a part of the US that is 15 minutes outside of a country town that waves confederate flags...discrimination will always be around unfortunately. History has patterns and unless you plan on dying in the next 20 years (which is also pessimistic), it seems large actions in the right direction are in store for the first world.

Oh, sweet summer child. It's been 46 years since Stonewall, and we still have civilized countries like Canada who hesitate on considering trans people fully human based on the idea they might be dangerous in public washrooms. Advanced countries like the US are just barely getting marriage rights in place for gays and lesbians, and even now it's a roll of the die whether the Supreme Court's going to go for it or not. We've got one municipality in Japan with a piece of paper that's not legally binding in any way, surrounded by a deeply conservative country.

It's a fight we'll win, but you've got to accept it's a long fight. A very long one, measured in terms of generations. That's been going on for longer than the almost half century since the current movement started. Yes, we're making progress, but we're not even halfway there yet.

last edited at May 8, 2015 10:07PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

Oh, sweet summer child. It's been 46 years since Stonewall, and we still have civilized countries like Canada who hesitate on considering trans people fully human based on the idea they might be dangerous in public washrooms. Advanced countries like the US are just barely getting marriage rights in place for gays and lesbians, and even now it's a roll of the die whether the Supreme Court's going to go for it or not. We've got one municipality in Japan with a piece of paper that's not legally binding in any way, surrounded by a deeply conservative country.

These issues would of been adressed if not for Harper and his party being there for who knows how long atthis point, all I know is that it's been a while now.

Good ol' bathroom issue. I never got the idea of that for transgender. Gay men can access my bathrooms and since they are into dicks and all, surely they're a danger to me!
Then you go a step further with unisex bathroom and you unlock the biggest can of worms ever.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It's a fight we'll win, but you've got to accept it's a long fight. A very long one, measured in terms of generations. That's been going on for longer than the almost half century since the current movement started. Yes, we're making progress, but we're not even halfway there yet.

There're a bunch of European countries that made same-sex marriage legal, on par with het marriage, with the same rights and benefits, and even possible adoption. On top of my head, UK, Spain and the biggest one yet, France. Probably because at the time it came up, the governement of these countries pushed in that direction, despite the vocal opposition of a minority.

I think most "civilized" societies are ready for it, but the average het people won't cast their vote because of that issue, but rather because of economic concerns. For it to happen, there need to be a political will, or nothing will happen.

So, a Japanese lesbian couple could perfectly marry in France for example and adopt children there (though their marriage would not be recognized in Japan, yet).

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

There're a bunch of European countries that made same-sex marriage legal, on par with het marriage, with the same rights and benefits, and even possible adoption. On top of my head, UK, Spain and the biggest one yet, France. Probably because at the time it came up, the governement of these countries pushed in that direction, despite the vocal opposition of a minority.

I think most "civilized" societies are ready for it, but the average het people won't cast their vote because of that issue, but rather because of economic concerns. For it to happen, there need to be a political will, or nothing will happen.

So, a Japanese lesbian couple could perfectly marry in France for example and adopt children there (though their marriage would not be recognized in Japan, yet).

States that allow same-sex marriage for further reference:

In Europe: Finland, Sweden, Norway, France, Netherlands, Spain, England, Wales, and Scotland but not Northern Ireland, Belgium, Iceland, Portugal, Denmark

The Americas: Canada, Brazil, Uruguay, Some states of the US and Mexico, Argentina

Everywhere else: South Africa, New Zealand.

According to census, the three most accepting countries the LGBT people are the Netherlands, Canada and Iceland.

Its amusing how you mention France like their legalizing of same sex marriage is somehow a permanent thing. Currently there is still heavy opposition to the idea from the far right and the Muslim communities and former President Sarkozy plans to take advantage of this to get reelected in 2017 by promising to nullify all existing gay marriages, something that seems more and more likely as people, even long time left wing supporters, abandon current President Hollande due to several controversial policies. Amusingly, polls show that most people in France do support equal rights for same sex couples but it seems people are more concerned with getting rid of Hollande and replacing him with any else at this point, even if same sex marriage has to be sacrificed to do so. Let's just hope they elect someone other than Sarkozy.

last edited at May 10, 2015 3:15PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

Its amusing how you mention France like their legalizing of same sex marriage is somehow a permanent thing. Currently there is still heavy opposition to the idea from the far right and the Muslim communities and former President Sarkozy plans to take advantage of this to get reelected in 2017 by promising to nullify all existing gay marriages, something that seems more and more likely as people, even long time left wing supporters, abandon current President Hollande due to several controversial policies. Amusingly, polls show that most people in France do support equal rights for same sex couples but it seems people are more concerned with getting rid of Hollande and replacing him with any else at this point, even if same sex marriage has to be sacrificed to do so. Let's just hope they elect someone other than Sarkozy.

I saw that last bit pre-edit! I know it's not the best place to say this but I don't think voting for XYZ for a single social issue is the best thing. I view it as an extremely poor decision, governance is so much more impactful than that.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/stretch_volume_1_extra#10
^ Ya mean I can stretch and be lazy at the same time? I learned something valuable today.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Its amusing how you mention France like their legalizing of same sex marriage is somehow a permanent thing. Currently there is still heavy opposition to the idea from the far right and the Muslim communities and former President Sarkozy plans to take advantage of this to get reelected in 2017 by promising to nullify all existing gay marriages

It's very unlikely they nullify anything. You can't "unmarry" people that aren't willing to do so. That man is just paying lip service to some of the most conservatives, but it would be extremely difficult to reverse same-sex marriage. Worst thing that could happen I think is they make a law forbidding same sex couples to raises children. And even that is unlikely and impossible to enforce. France is still a democracy, with a constitution.

last edited at May 10, 2015 4:59PM

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Heuheuheu...page 4 of the extra can easily be misconstrued... just sayin...

Or am I the only one whose mind went there??

last edited at May 10, 2015 5:29PM

Soo%20nice
joined May 10, 2013

"stretch naked" good idea

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

So many of these pages was Shou ship teasing. Why are you so mean to me?

Well I counted and it's three, but that's enough to irritate me.

last edited at May 10, 2015 5:34PM

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

So many of these pages was Shou ship teasing. Why are you so mean to me?

Well I counted and it's three, but that's enough to irritate me.

What do you mean, they've been teasing us much longer.

Also: loved the tips, specially #3, #6 and #7. Will try to implement 'em ASAP.

last edited at May 10, 2015 6:06PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.