Forum › Stretch discussion

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

They have gotten a lot closer, no doubt about it. But it's understandable as they have been living together for more than a year. And they actually get a lot of skinship because of their stretching practice. I don't think anyone in the world has ever been that close to Keiko, except her ex-bf. Though even him doesn't probably know some of the Keiko Ran knows about.

I don't think Keiko would deny that Ran is now a big part of her life. And if Ran'd leave for some reason, that would hit her really hard. They are clearly a unit.

But I can't see even a kiss happening yet, unless Ran gets drunk and pretends she forgot everything after the deed.

Honestly, I think a kiss would be meaningless unless Keiko was the one to do it. Or ask Ran to, I suppose.

A mutual kiss would and probably is the best way for these two to take that step. I get the feeling that if it is similar to that random kiss of passion in Citrus, Keiko would undoubtedly start avoiding Ran to such a degree that she might stop stretching.

As for Keiko possibly coming to terms with her past and maybe taking a step to finding a relationship and then Ran's, "...I see." I think it was more of the fact that Keiko reeally struggled with the nightmares that affected her so much and to see her playing happily with a kid. I'm pretty sure Ran was most likely trying to hide her doubt and worry from Keiko and the boozing is a good distraction from that heavy topic.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Nezchan

I wonder if the booze is so much that as part of an overall facade that includes some of the rest of her goofiness, a way to keep things light between them. She doesn't want to scare Keiko away, so she needs to always keep things from getting too heavy and I think at least in part the booze stuff is a tool for that.

I guess that is also part of why she suggested they go for a drink.

Honestly, I think a kiss would be meaningless unless Keiko was the one to do it. Or ask Ran to, I suppose.

I agree, though not only if Keiko initiates it or ask Ran to. For example if they talk about something and they start talking about their feelings for each other, and both consciously go in for a kiss and not out of getting lost in the moment. I imagine Ran would be delighted if it was in the moment but I get the feeling Keiko would panic and start avoiding Ran. I agree that if Ran were to initiate it Keiko is likely to push her away. As @Random Reader says.

I also agree with his second point as well. Though that is more or less what I wanted to say xD

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Anyway, I notice no male third-party is really involved up to now.

The ex made an apperance but he has yet to play any role, except giving us a bit of Keiko's backstory.

But the fact he appeared twice looks like a Chekhov's gun.

joined Mar 25, 2013

The ex made an apperance but he has yet to play any role, except giving us a bit of Keiko's backstory.

I have no problem with him being someone important, though if she were to return to him it would be meaningless. Yes she healed and matured maybe a bit, but it appeared they didn't really relate to each other and they were getting married because she got pregnant and not because they love each other that much.

The best scenario would be for Keiko to apologize and forgive him for the way they treated each other and move on which would either give way for a relationship with Ran or for a healthier and stronger relationship overall with someone. But really even if as you said Keiko sees her as a child that view is slowly changing and I really can't see another person as important to her as Ran so far, needless to say she's always had a pull towards Ran and she has been probably the best thing that has happened to her in her life besides maybe getting pregnant.

I realize I'm trying to justify for them to get together but they really are perfect for each other. They heal and support each other.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

The ex made an appearance but he has yet to play any role, except giving us a bit of Keiko's backstory.

He's played a role the entire story and is very much apart of Keiko's past and present. We just don't have him thrown in our face like other stories.

Well, considering the role he played in Keiko's past and the way the story is being told, it would be almost silly for him to not be included.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I really can't see another person as important to her as Ran so far, needless to say she's always had a pull towards Ran and she has been probably the best thing that has happened to her in her life besides maybe getting pregnant.

That's exactly what I wrote above -_-

Keiko associates Ran with happiness ever since she met her.

last edited at May 7, 2015 10:22AM

joined Mar 25, 2013

I really can't see another person as important to her as Ran so far, needless to say she's always had a pull towards Ran and she has been probably the best thing that has happened to her in her life besides maybe getting pregnant.

That's exactly what I wrote above -_-

Keiko associates Ran with happiness ever since she met her.

I mixed your comments with the one saying that Keiko doesn't see in a romantic capacity at all and sees her as a child. Throughout the manga Keiko has been aware of Ran's body, which you could argue is woman envy but she blushes in most of those times.

Either way. Sorry about the mixup, I just meant to say that Keiko probably has always been romantically interested even if she's not aware of it. Though that again is probably just me xD

Kitsune Inari
joined Jul 20, 2011

Disregarding the serious shipping for a second, Keiko playing stretch with the kid on ch35 is so very cute.

joined Oct 12, 2013

I sort of wanna see Ran and Keiko's iPS babies now.

joined Feb 18, 2015

I personally disagree about the assumption that Keiko has never shown physical/romantic attraction to Ran. I think there have been a few times where it seemed like she was a bit smitten and she frequently talks about how flippin' adorable she is. (Not to mention the grope fest with her friend a while back...)

Klz1234699998m
joined May 15, 2012

I think that Ran's bad dream is that Keiko might get an husband and a kids on her own and leave her ......

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Page 7 was the best thing to ever happen in this manga

Soo%20nice
joined May 10, 2013

I really do not know if Keiko has a romantic attraction to Ran, but I am pretty sure Keiko has a physical attraction to Ran, it became clear to me in Chapter 12

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I really do not know if Keiko has a romantic attraction to Ran, but I am pretty sure Keiko has a physical attraction to Ran, it became clear to me in Chapter 12

Chapter 12 felt more like Keiko being happy babying someone, something she craves for.

Soo%20nice
joined May 10, 2013

Chapter 12 felt more like Keiko being happy babying someone, something she craves for.

Perhaps Keiko is repressing it by thinking that this is weird.

last edited at May 7, 2015 4:34PM

Sj2
joined Nov 23, 2014

So pretty much everyone is saying:
Ran sees Keiko playing with the little girl.
Ran is happy (because Keiko's healing) and sad (because Keiko might NOT NEED HER anymore).
Ran has mixed feelings about it.

It's getting to be a bit frustrating.

Sam1
joined May 11, 2012

I think that Ran's bad dream is that Keiko might get an husband and a kids on her own and leave her ......

It's not just Ran's, I think everyone here fears the same thing.
Let's hope this doesn't go the typical "I love you but I want kids, brb gonna find me some dick, see ya" - way.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

It's not just Ran's, I think everyone here fears the same thing.
Let's hope this doesn't go the typical "I love you but I want kids, brb gonna find me some dick, see ya" - way.

No, not everyone. I said, further up the page and another member said on a previous page, that maybe Ran is just really worried about Keiko because she saw and was with Keiko during those moments when Keiko was having nightmares. You can think you're over an issue but sometimes a little hare trigger could easily throw you over the edge before you realized what happened and, recovering will be just as difficult. So seeing Keiko with a kid like that all of a sudden, you bet Ran would be really worried, especially after seeing and helping her through those nightmare moments. If anything, Ran suggested boozing to help herself and not celebrate the fact that Keiko may have coped and overcome her nightmares.

Seriously, I don't know why everyone is jumping to the conclusion that, no more nightmare = bring on the penis!! Keiko seems pretty content with her life right now and the last relationship seems like it may have been her wake up call.

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

Love the cover with Ran. She's beautiful.

And this chapter is a date!! A date!! I just want to enjoy it without over thinking.

But... but... I would love to know what Shou is planning to do. This must have a yuri happy end. Must have.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The yuri ending is still up in the air. We may well have a separation when they come to term with their problems. Ran getting over her crush on Keiko, and Keiko aiming for a new start, being at peace with her relationship with her mother and eventually building the family she seems to need with her ex, who seem to still lover her.

Honestly, I can't see any yuri without my goggles, even though I wish there was.

last edited at May 8, 2015 10:43AM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

The yuri ending is still up in the air. We may well have a separation when they come to term with their problems. Ran getting over her crush on Keiko, and Keiko aiming for a new start, being at peace with her relationship with her mother and eventually building the family she seems to need with her ex, who seem to still lover her.

Not with the ex, he seems to be over Keiko and into Ran now. If Keiko ever get with a man I don't think it will be him.

last edited at May 8, 2015 11:02AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Not with the ex, he seems to be over Keiko and into Ran now. If Keiko ever get with a man I don't think it will be him.

He just said that to be around her was calming (IIRC). Exactly what Keiko feels atm.

It's quite usual in that kind of bars in Japan. Saralymen go there after work to relax, chat with pretty women, get wasted and ease the pressure of their daily life. Doesn't mean they are into the hostesses, though they can have their favorite.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

He just said that to be around her was calming (IIRC). Exactly what Keiko feels atm.

It's quite usual in that kind of bars in Japan. Saralymen go there after work to relax, chat with pretty women, get wasted and ease the pressure of their daily life. Doesn't mean they are into the hostesses, though they can have their favorite.

I know that but here the fact that he think like that about Ran clearly looks like he's over Keiko to me and it seems a bit stronger of an attention to Ran than having a favorite hostess in a bar. All the attention and worry he had about Keiko went to "just watching her is enough for me" talking about Ran, it doesn't leave any doubt for me.

Honestly, if they did get back together, I would be very disappointed in the manga, I could go as far as saying it would ruin the manga to me.

last edited at May 8, 2015 11:27AM

joined Mar 23, 2013

Honestly, if they did get back together, I would be very disappointed in the manga, I could go as far as saying it would ruin the manga to me.

I really don't think they're going to get back together but I certainly hope so that they bump into eachother and have a discussion about the break up. The reason why they broke up was because she was unstable because she just miscarried, tis' totally understandable. But It feels like lots of thing went unsaid, because she rejected him and he had no clue what was happening. He couldn't really, Japanese men have no idea what a woman is, the haven't learned that one at school!

I digress, I think it would be beneficial for the both of the have a heart to heart talk about it went down. I know of several people who ran into exs a bit afer the dust settled and learned a lot from the experience, about themselves and about others. It's no surprise, I heard communication is key in interacting with other human beings.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Clever, clever Shou.

The whole deal with Keiko smiling at the end has so many layers each with different significance. As talked about, it involves Ran having nightmares about Keiko leaving her in a heterosexual relationship. But there's also the fact that Keiko smiled biggest during that scene with the kid. Which scares Ran because she feels as though she may not have been the highlight of the 'date'. But also because Ran could never provide that for Keiko: a kid. Biology works against her on this one.

But on the flip side, Keiko does not seem to be the person who would necessarily need the kid to be her own...she could adopt just any cute child and she'd be happy. And we have all the previous chapters emphasizing how much Keiko needs and cares for Ran, and how much she has had to realize it. So while there's angsty-fear in this chapter, it is coupled with the fact that when one thinks about the story as a whole, there's not much to be fearful of.

Fucking Shou.

To reply you must either login or sign up.