Forum › Stretch discussion

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

What do you mean, they've been teasing us much longer.

Yes he has, but it still hurts being teased so much. And it felt like a bunch of more overt teasing (seriously, the 'I'm not stretching with you today' with Ran looking so happy at Keiko's knee...) in a fairly short time. some of these just felt like more than usual. but that might just be my eagerness.

*Some of the teasing felt less in-universe joking as usual, and more winks at the readers here.

last edited at May 10, 2015 6:09PM

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

What do you mean, they've been teasing us much longer.

Yes he has, but it still hurts being teased so much. And it felt like a bunch of more overt teasing (seriously, the 'I'm not stretching with you today' with Ran looking so happy at Keiko's knee...) in a fairly short time. some of these just felt like more than usual. but that might just be my eagerness.

More teasing means a sweeter release XD

unless there's no release, obviously

last edited at May 10, 2015 6:14PM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/stretch_volume_1_extra#6

We know that Ran is regularly spanked by Keiko and loves it... don't need anything else to know what kind of relationship these two have V_V

joined Jan 17, 2014

it's hurt to look at Ran's waist, poor thing has to fight the food every seconds :DD

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

More teasing means a sweeter release XD

unless there's no release

Stretch will be the sweetest release of all, I have faith.

We know that Ran is regularly spanked by Keiko and loves it... don't need anything else to know what kind of relationship these two have V_V

Favourite part of the manga thus far.

Rosenakahara
Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

"we're gonna do it now!"
Totally taking that out of context.

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

Its amusing how you mention France like their legalizing of same sex marriage is somehow a permanent thing. Currently there is still heavy opposition to the idea from the far right and the Muslim communities and former President Sarkozy plans to take advantage of this to get reelected in 2017 by promising to nullify all existing gay marriages

It's very unlikely they nullify anything. You can't "unmarry" people that aren't willing to do so. That man is just paying lip service to some of the most conservatives, but it would be extremely difficult to reverse same-sex marriage. Worst thing that could happen I think is they make a law forbidding same sex couples to raises children. And even that is unlikely and impossible to enforce. France is still a democracy, with a constitution.

You can very much "unmarry" people whether they want to or not. Marriage is kind of like a legally binding contract. If the government decides said contract is unlawful, they can nullify it. Thus all same sex marriage certificates would become void and same sex couples are no longer eligible for marriage benefits.
You are correct in stating that it wouldn't be quite that easy. This is a democracy after all and as I said before, most French people support same sex marriage, meaning he is unlikely to get his passed but its concerning that he can even run on such a platform and still receive the support he does.

Commandershepard13
joined Mar 24, 2014

Its amusing how you mention France like their legalizing of same sex marriage is somehow a permanent thing. Currently there is still heavy opposition to the idea from the far right and the Muslim communities and former President Sarkozy plans to take advantage of this to get reelected in 2017 by promising to nullify all existing gay marriages, something that seems more and more likely as people, even long time left wing supporters, abandon current President Hollande due to several controversial policies. Amusingly, polls show that most people in France do support equal rights for same sex couples but it seems people are more concerned with getting rid of Hollande and replacing him with any else at this point, even if same sex marriage has to be sacrificed to do so. Let's just hope they elect someone other than Sarkozy.

I saw that last bit pre-edit! I know it's not the best place to say this but I don't think voting for XYZ for a single social issue is the best thing. I view it as an extremely poor decision, governance is so much more impactful than that.

You are right, I admit, there is more to governance than one issue. I was being too...judgmental, I shouldn't have made such a broad statement. I admit Sarkozy probably has other qualities and he is probably superior to many other candidates but on this particular issue, I think he is a dickhead. Plain and simple.

Anyway, as I mentioned in a another conversation, its unlikely Sarkozy could actually nullify same sex marriages any way. I just find it concerning that he would even consider doing so, even if it was him just trying to secure a few cheap votes.
Now we should probably drop this conversation. Nothing good has ever come out of politics and the internet.

joined Oct 12, 2013

It's a fight we'll win, but you've got to accept it's a long fight. A very long one, measured in terms of generations. That's been going on for longer than the almost half century since the current movement started. Yes, we're making progress, but we're not even halfway there yet.

There're a bunch of European countries that made same-sex marriage legal, on par with het marriage, with the same rights and benefits, and even possible adoption. On top of my head, UK, Spain and the biggest one yet, France. Probably because at the time it came up, the governement of these countries pushed in that direction, despite the vocal opposition of a minority.

I think most "civilized" societies are ready for it, but the average het people won't cast their vote because of that issue, but rather because of economic concerns. For it to happen, there need to be a political will, or nothing will happen.

So, a Japanese lesbian couple could perfectly marry in France for example and adopt children there (though their marriage would not be recognized in Japan, yet).

States that allow same-sex marriage for further reference:

In Europe: Finland, Sweden, Norway, France, Netherlands, Spain, England, Wales, and Scotland but not Northern Ireland, Belgium, Iceland, Portugal, Denmark

The Americas: Canada, Brazil, Uruguay, Some states of the US and Mexico, Argentina

Everywhere else: South Africa, New Zealand.

Hopefully Ireland by the end of the month.

Commandershepard13
joined Mar 24, 2014

It's a fight we'll win, but you've got to accept it's a long fight. A very long one, measured in terms of generations. That's been going on for longer than the almost half century since the current movement started. Yes, we're making progress, but we're not even halfway there yet.

There're a bunch of European countries that made same-sex marriage legal, on par with het marriage, with the same rights and benefits, and even possible adoption. On top of my head, UK, Spain and the biggest one yet, France. Probably because at the time it came up, the governement of these countries pushed in that direction, despite the vocal opposition of a minority.

I think most "civilized" societies are ready for it, but the average het people won't cast their vote because of that issue, but rather because of economic concerns. For it to happen, there need to be a political will, or nothing will happen.

So, a Japanese lesbian couple could perfectly marry in France for example and adopt children there (though their marriage would not be recognized in Japan, yet).

In Europe: Finland, Sweden, Norway, France, Netherlands, Spain, England, Wales, and Scotland but not Northern Ireland, Belgium, Iceland, Portugal, Denmark

The Americas: Canada, Brazil, Uruguay, Some states of the US and Mexico, Argentina

Hopefully. Germany and Switzerland within the year.

joined Oct 12, 2013

I will cry and probably throw things if it doesn't pass.

So. Fingers crossed anyway.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Saudi Arabia and other middle east countries within... Let's say the milennia.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Saudi Arabia and other middle east countries within... Let's say the milennia.

I was going to say it was a bit of a stretch to say that early.

Then I remembered which manga this was and felt bad.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

According to census, the three most accepting countries the LGBT people are the Netherlands, Canada and Iceland.

Wasn't Ran half-Sweden? She should have citizenship there right? (I remember that she has only came back to Japan rather than born there)?

Cliche ending. Ran go back/ run away to Sweden. Keiko chase after. They met and have a final running toward and hugging each other in tear. Time skip. We see the two returning to the apartment in Japan, acting normal and misleding the audiences into thinking that their status-quo was reset. But ends the manga with Keiko calling Ran whether she's going to sleep. Ran answer with " I will be right there" before put down a picture frame showing the two in wedding dress in front of one of the European-looking church (oh and Easter eggs with them actually wear wedding ring as well)

last edited at May 11, 2015 12:46AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Half finnish

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Half finnish

Still on the list... Phew... My fanfiction is not ruined yet :D

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Half finnish

Well Finland for a lot of it's history was half of of Sweden, so they're kind of correct?

joined Jan 8, 2014

so much good with the extra...
guilt- I haven't been stretching everyday...
laughter- cuz the tips to keep it up are awesome and the jokes that go with them are such a tease! ^_^
by far one of my fave mangas :D

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Actually, not half finnish. A quarter. One finnish grand-mother. Hence, blond hair.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Half finnish

Still on the list... Phew... My fanfiction is not ruined yet :D

When you take into account nationality laws, this might not work.

Sj2
joined Nov 23, 2014

For a second there I thought Ran was gonna be shown stretching naked with Keiko

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Actually, not half finnish. A quarter. One finnish grand-mother. Hence, blond hair.

Was this actually mentioned anywhere in the manga itself? I don't recall it at all.

062589fd3c9f5577a916b303e3c6c27f
joined Nov 16, 2013

That naked backside...
If you draw too much loli you'll forget what grown up women look like, don't do it kids.

Lg1wyutq
joined Mar 5, 2015

That naked backside...
If you draw too much loli you'll forget what grown up women look like, don't do it kids.

Aw, I kind of like the way he draws Ran. She's very top heavy, and so her body is proportioned with that in mind. True hourglass figures are rare in real life, anyway.

Also, we hit 100 pages. Nice.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Was this actually mentioned anywhere in the manga itself? I don't recall it at all.

Yes it was.

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/stretch_ch10#8 for the finnish part.

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/stretch_ch19#5 for the grandmother part.

last edited at May 11, 2015 4:09AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.