Forum › Stretch discussion

joined Nov 30, 2011

You both are completely forgetting about Collectors. It only has a few flashback moments to the time before they went out but the entire story is them when they are well into their relationship and done with college (possibly by a year or two). But, I completely agree with everyone wanting to see stories go beyond the usual, "I love you" and "I love you too" (kiss, smooching, sex) and END.

joined Jan 30, 2015

Exactly. It's kind of funny; the two non-cancelled yuri examples you mentioned are on the opposite ends of the spectrum from one another. One is a telenovela, one is sugar.

The only other manga that were leaping to mind are Inio Asano's Goodnight PunPun and Aki Eda's Bonnouji. PunPun's central romantic relationship is an adorable bullet of misery plowing into the spine, while Bonnouji is a cheerful comedy about deepening relationships and how your best friend can be your romantic partner. It's reminding me of earlier examples.

Asano's is generally blackest comedy about modern life, while Eda's other works are like her Touhou and yuri stuff, very sedate and introspective. I haven't read of much of Asano's other works, but I would recommend anything by either of them.
_

Nez replied while I was writing the reply, so:
I forgot about those three. Especially Girl Friends, as I haven't read it in a while.

Girl Friends has an interesting structure, now that I think about it. Beyond how it shifts between the two main characters' perspectives, it has clear arcs of friendship, conflict/confusion, and reconciliation/dating. It's much more well rounded than most romance mangas.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

My personal hope is that the series doesn't end with the two of them getting together, although at this point that seems likely. The two of them are interesting enough that I'd like to see them navigate an entirely new sort of relationship. I mean it's not like their personal issues (especially Keiko's) will be suddenly solved by making it official.

Did this mean not get together at all, or just before the end? I'm fairly certain not at all, my confusion stems entirely from my not brain not being able to compute an ending where they aren't together. What sort of relationship could you have meant I wonder? To me, I feel if they don't end together, that leaves the door open for future partners, and I can't see anything other than a partner being the most significant relationship in someones life, and to me, these two have to be the others most significant relationship.

Oh God this is muddled, but I can't multitask well enough that I can both type coherently AND listen to 'And Then There Was Silence' at the same time.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

My personal hope is that the series doesn't end with the two of them getting together, although at this point that seems likely. The two of them are interesting enough that I'd like to see them navigate an entirely new sort of relationship. I mean it's not like their personal issues (especially Keiko's) will be suddenly solved by making it official.

Did this mean not get together at all, or just before the end? I'm fairly certain not at all, my confusion stems entirely from my not brain not being able to compute an ending where they aren't together. What sort of relationship could you have meant I wonder? To me, I feel if they don't end together, that leaves the door open for future partners, and I can't see anything other than a partner being the most significant relationship in someones life, and to me, these two have to be the others most significant relationship.

Oh, I absolutely believe they'll get together. The question is, will them doing so be the series finale, or the beginning of a new story arc? I'd prefer the latter, but I'm afraid the flow of the story seems to be headed down the other path.

last edited at Apr 11, 2015 12:25AM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Oh, I absolutely believe they'll get together. The question is, will them doing so be the series finale, or the beginning of a new story arc? I'd prefer the latter, but I'm afraid the flow of the story seems to be headed down the other path.

*Stops self fanboying over Nezchan replying to me again.

Thanks for clearing that up, I thought you were saying you wanted them to have a relationship that wasn't friends or together rather something new, and the concept was giving me a headache.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Gokujo Drops and Hanjuku Joshi are other good exceptions, as is the last volume of Girl Friends.

Gokujo Drops, Don't really remember much of it, just that I found the bizarre lack of respect for personal space, rapey behavior of some of those characters towards the MC, and her general attitude in such situations was a bit too... stupid... Hanjuku Joshi, the main couple had absolutely no idea of what they were doing throughout most of it, the development consisted just on setting down the relationship through a pair of arcs, relationship-wise it was something at least. When they finally got together in Girl Friends it didn't really do much with the relationship itself, did not get any further than Prism's.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Possible Spoilers for those who haven't read Sasameki Koto

Don't forget the disaster that was Sasameki Koto either. They got together in their 2nd year I believe and dated for an entire school year before sharing their first kiss. I was upset that we never got to even see a few chapters of that time period =(

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I think the author of SK made a timeslip to graduation day for its emotionnal value (last days of school together, separation to come). Once the pair had confessed, he dealt with a few consequences (coming out to family and friends, what are you doing to do next...) but the story was essentialy over.

Anyway, in 5 days maybe we will know where Shou want to go. I hope he keeps on writing about Keiko and Ran and that this relationship gets deeper.

joined Nov 30, 2011

I think the author of SK made a timeslip to graduation day for its emotional value (last days of school together, separation to come). Once the pair had confessed, he dealt with a few consequences (coming out to family and friends, what are you doing to do next...) but the story was essentially over.

No, if I remember correctly he was forced to end it (I think... or I'm confusing him and his manga with another...). But it's just frustrating to have yet another long running yuri series end without seeing them in a relationship. I, like many others have stated, hope that if Keiko and Ran get together, that we see them in their relationship.

Anyway, in 5 days maybe we will know where Shou want to go. I hope he keeps on writing about Keiko and Ran and that this relationship gets deeper.

Come again?? A new chapter being released or a translated one being put up here??

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

On yawaspi, there's the date of the next chapter. April 16. It will take a day or two to get translated probably.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

On yawaspi, there's the date of the next chapter. April 16. It will take a day or two to get translated probably.

If I was in the market for a TARDIS, what kind of bait would I put out for a timelord?

edit: grammar failure. Proposing something hypothetical, then putting should rather than would was incorrect I think.

last edited at Apr 11, 2015 4:16AM

joined Nov 30, 2011

If I was in the market for a TARDIS, what kind of bait would I put out for a timelord?

edit: grammar failure. Proposing something hypothetical, then putting should rather than would was incorrect I think.

According to Micheal Scott, shoot Toby twice.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

According to Micheal Scott, shoot Toby twice.

Where did he say that would give me access to time travel? Or was it the joke to far bi at the end? Was it really in that poor taste?

joined Nov 30, 2011

Well... If you shoot a random guy and leave two evil dudes alive, I'm gueeeessing the timelord shows up and sets things right. While he's doin that you nab the Tardis while he's distracted.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Well... If you shoot a random guy and leave two evil dudes alive, I'm gueeeessing the timelord shows up and sets things right. While he's doin that you nab the Tardis while he's distracted.

Oh right, I'm with you know. My stupid brain expecting to have everything obvious in front of it.

Well. My next door neighbor is called Toby. I'll be back after I know how Stretch finishes.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

http://yawaspi.com/stretch/comic/037_001.html

\o/

Can't wait for the translation.

Looks light-hearted and funny.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

hahahahah, it's Keiko's birthday
finally she's wearing something nice instead of trousers, ha!

Lg1wyutq
joined Mar 5, 2015

That last page! Yeeeees.

joined Jan 30, 2015

CAKE

is a pretty good onomatopoeia.

joined Jan 31, 2013

That was so sly ...

Avatar_200px_moyashimon_aspergillus-oryzae
joined Mar 14, 2014

Loved the end to this chapter.

Also... I NEED TO KNOW WHAT RAN'S REAL PRESENT TO KEIKO WAS.

Soo%20nice
joined May 10, 2013

She was recording a fetish or a joke? hehe...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

She was recording a fetish or a joke? hehe...

Why can't she have both?

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

Loved the end to this chapter.

Also... I NEED TO KNOW WHAT RAN'S REAL PRESENT TO KEIKO WAS.

I was thinking the same thing!!!

Saki Senpai's face when her friend was there: Priceless.

To reply you must either login or sign up.