Forum › Lemonade discussion

Download
joined Apr 23, 2013

Kind of an abrupt ending there. Was there buildup to this? I mean I'm happy how things turned out but I feel like I missed out on an adventure.

Another_random_anime_girl_render__by_bakachasity-d5qdads
joined Feb 8, 2011

That was end?

Konami
joined Jan 18, 2014

so they got together right? I'm not sure if maki meant that she loved her as a friend or as a lover

X
joined Jan 6, 2014

It's clichy and it would be better if that kouhai is a guy
But I don't care because long hair Youko is cute.

last edited at Jun 15, 2014 10:44PM

Aru23
joined Jun 24, 2013

DId Maki said she was able to move forward because of Youko saying she loved her when she got rejected by that guy? I'm sorry, but you didn't move forward at all, you keeping being the same almost all the manga until the very end. At least in author's afterword you could tell she/he feel a little embarrassed of their own work.

Well, I don't know what to say, I even feel it would be better if Youko would go out with that girl at the end better. Thanks for the translating work, I do appreciate the diligence this manga had anyway. Pika-chan would be a better protagonist, I felt.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yeah, there's a relationship that'll last. The only thing that surprises me is that Keita didn't get screen time in the last chapter.

One of the yuri greats folks, Morinaga, Morishima, Fujieda and the rest must be jealous beyond compare!

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

Well, that felt massively forced.

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

... I feel greatly disappointed at the ending.
I feel empty inside.
And here I was, thinking that maybe there was more.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Well, that was abrupt. Honestly I think I would have preferred Youko going out with the unnamed girl

Overall impression: Kind of tedious? I suspect this is partially the result of reading a chapter a week or so while it's clearly intended to be read as a volume, but I don't like it enough to go back and reread it

joined Apr 13, 2012

after reading these comments i don't feel so bad anymore... yeah, Youko's super cute but that ending /sighs/
at least the author is honest in the afterword, and maybe i read it badly but didn't she/he said it is a new ending? So this wasn't written at the time the whole volume but recently, so it's just normal for it not having the same feeling all the manga did
but then again i could be wrong and just feel so empty with the conclusion

HOWEVER, thanks yuri project! Quality is amazing, so i won't complain (here)!

last edited at Jun 15, 2014 11:14PM

BlurredExistence
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

With a throw away ending like that i feel like this was written by someone who doesn't take homosexual love seriously. Where has the focus been this whole manga? On the boyxgirl infatuations, to call this a yuri frankly insults us fans. Altho having said all that i won't say that this Manga was bad, it was average, completely middle of the road, it has nothing that makes itself stand out in any fashion and i will never read it again in all likelihood because of that.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Waiter!!
- Yes ?
There's yuri in my Lemonade...
- Oh! I beg your pardon, let me bringt a new on-
No! ... Just... Let it be.
And well my friends, it's finally over... all the pain, all the keita finally gave fruits but
Oh my God! the original version didn't have this last chapter... That's just awful!

Thanks for this series yuri project!

Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

...That's it? That long, tedious slog through Keita's bullshit and we get an abrupt confession after another confession and hand-holding?

Can't imagine how terrible it must have been for the people reading it before the author decided to actually throw in chapter 23 and just left it with "Youko's smiling and a year older. Happy Ending!"

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Even the author herself didn't like this very much.
Good riddance.

joined Mar 12, 2014

Dear fellow yuri readers, don't bother reading this manga. It sucks. Terribad.

I actually don't bother reading this manga, I usually come here to just read the comment section and not the manga itself because I knew it's gonna be terribad anyway.

Fb_img_1492462408743
joined Jan 18, 2014

wait... what... all that crap for just to kick-in some barely yuri?!

joined Dec 18, 2013

The best part of this joke? The last chapter, the only real yuri chapter, wasn't even released until the book came out, and it's a 6 year old story? Damn that's terrible.

Wait
joined Feb 8, 2014

That ending! It was too fast and so contrived compared to the rest of it. I'm so disappointed!

It's not even the lack of affections that bugs me most (I'm used to that) but just. All that build up for such an easy ending. Basically we could have skipped all this if Youko confessed to Maki before that Keita-ass even entered the picture.

I am... so disappointed.

Sungji
joined Mar 23, 2011

SERIOUSLY?! that's the ending we get? "I love you- oh I love you too- THE END" ?! you must be kidding me. fuck fuck fuck!
yes, I'm hormonal right now.

Sungji
joined Mar 23, 2011

That ending! It was too fast and so contrived compared to the rest of it. I'm so disappointed!

It's not even the lack of affections that bugs me most (I'm used to that) but just. All that build up for such an easy ending. Basically we could have skipped all this if Youko confessed to Maki before that Keita-ass even entered the picture.

I am... so disappointed.

I feel you. wtf was that

Whale
joined Mar 1, 2013

I.. don't even know what to feel for this manga. Went from chapter 1 to 23 for these amount of time, and they went from expectations to nothingness .

Whale
joined Mar 1, 2013

Still, I would like to thank the ones who scan these and translate these!

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

Kind of an abrupt ending there. Was there buildup to this? I mean I'm happy how things turned out but I feel like I missed out on an adventure.

It skipped a year. So...no there wasn't a buildup.

Nope. I definitely agree with the people who say that Youko should've gone out with the other girl instead. At least there's more potential in that relationship than the Maki/Youko one. I mean, the series is being marketed as yuri on the site, so why wasn't there more in it? To think that the last chapter didn't even exist originally! And even at the end, Maki, though she claims to love Youko, says she wants to go Keita's school! I don't get it at all. I wash my hands of this... lemonade. /shot

Quality and update-wise, though, it was very good, so thanks YP for providing such an excellent scanlation!

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Mannn! I was actually routing for Youko to get with the younger girl who confessed to her. Thought that would be more interesting than a sudden "well thats strange that a girl confessed to you, oh wait you love me well i love you too!" plus it would've shown Youko getting over her friend who is quite clearly straight and in love with that douce of a guy and just /urgh urgh rage rage/

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Well we got some more Pika-chan, that's nice.

To reply you must either login or sign up.