Forum › Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni! discussion

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I thought it was weird that after having a manga paused for so long, when we finally (and thankfully) got translation back another group started to work on it too, but I'm just waiting for U here instead.

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

I already hope for a sequel... and an anime...

"It's fine if it's a delusion! I'll take a delusion packed with dreams over a reality without them!"

God bless him.

last edited at Feb 7, 2018 7:35PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust; if others don't do it the editor must. Hang in there, Micchy (´・ω・`)7

Pickle%20hitler
joined Jun 18, 2017

It's been a long ride, but I feel that this is the beginning of the end.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

It's been a long ride, but I feel that this is the beginning of the end.

Right, at least Akina has had Kaede's face on her breasts two nights in a row. So all the embarrassment, humiliation, sleep loss, etc. is totally worth it. I am surprised she couldn't sleep second night, though. It's not like Kaede nibbles on them, or anything, is it? You'd think the first night would be enough to get used to it and even help Akina sleep.

Now I see another reason I like this series. Mangaka inside baseball is one of my favorite things ever. I already knew that, like with Chihiro in Secret Recipe, I loved how Akina has to earn her happy-ever-after with Kaede, partly by sacrificing her popular girl pride.

joined Dec 26, 2017

There are stretches where the slow progress feels a bit contrived, tho; normally in this sort of setup there would at least be some significant form of outside reinforcement propping up Akina's need to accept "normal life" and reject "otaku life," but in this case there really isn't much of that. The people Akina cares about are all friendly and open-minded, so it's really just Akina's own prejudices and the broad spectacle of socially awkward otaku (and presumed off-camera societal pressure) that keeps it going - and yet, her spastic flailing is so humorous to watch that it's easy to forget that she's mostly the only one being a jerk here. ^_^;

Edit: Also, "brain narcotics" could probably be translated as "endorphins," though i guess Mii-chan does use the colloquial rather than the loan-word. Incidentally, it's always nice to see Mii-chan flustered; the gap moe is real.

last edited at Feb 7, 2018 11:08PM

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Konatsu is adorable. This doesn't have anything to do with the current chapter, it just needs to be said.

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

I have thought too much about doujinshi over 8 or so years of reading them. Frequently I'll think "this one was too short" and make a mental count of all the pages, accounting for covers, forewards, afterwards, etc., so I thought this chapter did give interesting insight into how doujinshi is made.

Also page 160 "girls normally grope each other's boobs as penalty games" was pretty funny.

joined Jul 23, 2014

Konatsu is adorable. This doesn't have anything to do with the current chapter, it just needs to be said.

Word

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Read the end by the other team. Well, like somebody said, we have yuri ending but it feels a bit too sudden and also a bit like a missed opportunity. I guess it wasn't the focus of the story, but still... I would have liked to see her realise her feelings before confessing them. Oh well, it was a really good run anyway! Can't wait for the higher quality scanlation! and the extra :3

last edited at Mar 22, 2018 8:36PM

Previewfile_1606197467
joined Jan 21, 2016

Just finished re-reading this for the first time; I love everything about this manga so much! I can only hope and pray for a sequel or anime. (I'm probably gonna re-read this again within a month or two.)

joined Aug 10, 2016

so will we ever see the last few chapters?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

TopKoak posted:

Woah, it was translated months ago https://mangadex.org/title/9177/shinozaki-san-ki-wo-ota-shika-ni

joined Aug 10, 2016

TopKoak posted:

Woah, it was translated months ago https://mangadex.org/title/9177/shinozaki-san-ki-wo-ota-shika-ni

Dynasty why are you so far behind

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

TopKoak posted:

Probably my fault. I basically did my own translation (as seen in chapters 39-42 here), hoping to have something more polished TL-wise than the other version. Alas, it looks like the typesetter dropped it aeons ago, so you're free to add the remaining chapters of this version to Dynasty if you like.

joined Aug 10, 2016

TopKoak posted:

Probably my fault. I basically did my own translation (as seen in chapters 39-42 here), hoping to have something more polished TL-wise than the other version. Alas, it looks like the typesetter dropped it aeons ago, so you're free to add the remaining chapters of this version to Dynasty if you like.

how do you upload things? I would've done so years ago if I knew how

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

how do you upload things? I would've done so years ago if I knew how

Just use the Upload Request form in the dropdown menu.

Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

I blasted through this in the past day or so
And now I want mooore
Thanks to the translators working on this! I love the notes at the end of each chapter, and I look forward to the future installments!

joined Jul 26, 2016

It's been finished for a while actually, no idea why the last five-or-so chapters aren't up here on Dynasty. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It's finished on other sites.

It ends with Kaede kissing Akina, because she's a yuri fan and "wants to experience it", even though she's doesn't really get it. And Akina accepts her otaku inner-self.

Not an ending ala Girl Friends, but a good (a tad rushed) ending nevertheless

joined Jul 26, 2016

Also Micchy best wingman.

Mitsukieye
joined Apr 6, 2018

FINALLY.

I started reading this whole thing just recently and the middle 20 or so chapters were such a massive chore, I almost gave up entirely. The ending is definitely rushed but it actually ended! Things actually happened!! Wahoo!!!

6d773abd5093e0f04807bae3fb796be4cee752bf
joined Mar 27, 2015

Definitely feels incredibly rushed, but at least we got some closure, not all that common. Gonna miss these girls after all these years.

last edited at Nov 26, 2018 3:34PM

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

half assses end!!!!

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

As one of the two mods of the (completely dead pls bring some life back to it) Shinozaki-san sub, I'd like to inform everyone that the other chapters have been released by another group, Hyakuro Translations! I mean, I'm a horrible mod since I haven't checked up on it in over a year, but, frankly, it's not like a sub that small needs any moderation anyway... and, yeah, everyone beat me to the punch anyhow. I like the style of this Issuu thing, but if it's true that the translation's shaky, then... eh, oh well, as long as I can just find out what happens, I'll be happy heh.

(... pls join the shinozaki sub...)

To reply you must either login or sign up.