Forum › Instinct and a Chromosome discussion

Icon
joined Jun 1, 2013

I miss reading realistic stories like this. Anyways, shouldn't this be tagged as "Adult Life" and "Slice of Life"?

Tumblr_m6qk60jppk1r95frro1_500
joined May 28, 2013

Ah, I really love this. I want to see more of their relationship, and see what happens next.

joined Jun 28, 2013

The guy was right, though. Emma Watson has become a cutie.

%d7%9c%d7%9b%d7%99%d7%93%d7%94
joined Dec 4, 2013

I never understood if the ending was just Nadeko imagining it because that's what she wanted, or if Yuri really did come and tell her that.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

It was obviously real. Why wouldn't it be? If you're refering to the panel on page 62 where you can't see Yuri, it's only because she's crouched on the ground, below the frame.

Although ironically, whenever I reread this story, at the end I always half-feel that I would've liked Nanako to have walked right past without speaking and shut the door in Yuri's face. Only Nanako herself has the right to judge, and she chose to take her back, but what Yuri pulled was an awful, awful thing, and I can't forgive what she did so easily.

Though I have to make clear that despite that, this is an old favorite of mine that I often revisit.

last edited at Apr 16, 2014 11:32AM

Beetle_juice_1988_720p_brrip__a_release-lounge_h264_.mp4_snapshot_00.51.46__2012.09.11_20.09.39_
joined Apr 20, 2014

One of the best one shot that i've read. Fantastic:

joined Apr 20, 2014

Cryssoberyl, did u ever love a girl??
I did even rightnow.. Same as nanako is hard to be part with yuri.. But I'm agree with u,, yuri did awful to nanako. But love something not easy to forget. Same as yuri.. My girl friend will getting merried soon,, but love isn't somthing you should alwasy to hold,, sometimes u should to let go. Nanako u must choose a guy for ur live,, yup i will try..

joined Jan 30, 2013

My girl friend will getting merried soon,, but love isn't somthing you should alwasy to hold,, sometimes u should to let go. Nanako u must choose a guy for ur live,, yup i will try..

That's a bit screwed up.

My girl friend will getting merried soon,, but love isn't somthing you should alwasy to hold,, sometimes u should to let go. Nanako u must choose a guy for ur live,, yup i will try..

That's a bit screwed up.

That's more than just a bit messed up. Yuri and Nanako love each other and so long as they can make it work, there is no reason for them to not be together. Well, other than the fact many people would have just dumped Yuri.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

When you are really in love with someone and it's not just shallow lust or infatuation, you can forgive almost anything.

People shouldn't feel they have to date/marry someone they are not attracted to just because society/family dictates it or they will be miserable. It's not their life or body so they have no say in the matter whatsoever.

If I was with Yuri, and I really love her and she did that to me but came back later, I would forgive her and take her back. Love isn't some easily discarded emotion that you can dismiss all the memories feelings you shared.

Ghost in the Shell
Gits_avatar_klein
joined Jul 30, 2013

In this specific case I agree. For me the point is less about Nanako loving Yuri enough to take her back, but actually for Yuri to love Nanako enough to come back. Keep in mind it's actually a pretty realistic, adult storyline. I think it can be very, very hard for a gay (or in this case bi) person to withstand the pressure society can put on them, especially in Japan with the (as I've been told) kind of archaic family models.
The story focuses on Nanako and her growth as a person, so we can't know for sure whether Yuri will stand her ground and stay with her beloved this time, but to me the ending was always a hopeful one. I think if somebody comes back under these circumstances they mean it, so I have no problem with Nanako taking her back. And I say that even though usually cheating is something pretty awful in my book.

Dynasinsompropic
joined Jul 24, 2013

The most realistic and beautiful story I've read so far.

20240420_135750
joined Jan 19, 2015

I wish there was a part two to this from Yuri's perspective

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

I am a bit confused. Was Yuri actually cheating or was it just some societal pressure thing where she forced herself with a guy so they could be "normal"? That's not much better, but the whole situation with Yuri getting married wasn't explained at all, is it possible she wasn't even with a guy and it was just a messed up way to give up on Nanako?

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I am a bit confused. Was Yuri actually cheating or was it just some societal pressure thing where she forced herself with a guy so they could be "normal"? That's not much better, but the whole situation with Yuri getting married wasn't explained at all, is it possible she wasn't even with a guy and it was just a messed up way to give up on Nanako?

I always understand it like that. Yuri got call from her mother, complaining about her not getting married. Later on, or even before she called, she probably already organized this whole marriage for Yuri. Yuri came home and maybe even really spend time with this potential husband. She loved Nanako, but as adult, she understood that same sex relationship is not welcomed and marring into stable household is the reasonable thing to do. So she gave up into the pressure and decided to break up with the Nanako. Half what she told her was true, but half were just lies, so Nanako will give up. Saying she wants to marriage was the biggest one. Then after going through with that, she couldn't stop thinking about Nanako and in the end realized that there is no way, she will be happy by doing this, so she rushed to Nanako's house first thing in the morning, to take it all back. Since Nanako was out all night, there was no one in apartment (remember that Yuri gave away her key to Nanako) so she just sat her crying and waiting for Nanako, hoping it isn't too late for them.

That is why I never got angry at Yuri's actions and was actually happy how it turned out. This whole drama was all because of social pressure bullshit, but since Yuri ultimately decided to screw it, it was a perfect happy ending.

last edited at Jun 16, 2015 7:31PM

joined Jan 8, 2014

Really good story, im not to sure it really needs the het tag but I get why its there...
I had to go back make sure she wasnt imagining things in the end ^_^
Best part is its sincerity, and I imagine a happy ending since it took Yuri only a night to figure out what she wanted

joined Apr 15, 2013

I really love this one. I enjoy fluff as much as the next person, but sometimes I'm in the mood for some realism. That said, I doubt I would come back to this one so often if not for the happy ending.

And I think it bears mentioning that the dude was totally right about Emma Watson, though she must have been like 12 when this was published.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

I just wonder what will happen when Nanoka tell Yuri what happened.

last edited at Nov 21, 2015 5:41PM

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

A pity that there is only this one manga of the artist on this site. I enjoyed it very much. The artwork was awesome and the story good, as well.
But what's often the case with bisexual representation... with the cheating... well, but I guess it's only human to have doubts and she made up her mind in the end, so okay.

last edited at Dec 13, 2015 2:22PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Melon

But what's often the case with bisexual representation... with the cheating...

It is not even clear if she really cheated. Depending how you interpret Yuri's "confession" there might not be any cheating at all.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Melon

But what's often the case with bisexual representation... with the cheating...

It is not even clear if she really cheated. Depending how you interpret Yuri's "confession" there might not be any cheating at all.

Yeah I wasn't sure about that... and it also depends on what you consider cheating, there are different views (kissing, sex or maybe already the fact that she met him in secret). I don't think though, that she slept with him and I guess it is not that important for this story to know,

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Melon posted:

it also depends on what you consider cheating, there are different views (kissing, sex or maybe already the fact that she met him in secret).

I think cheating is a fairly objective thing. It'd be anything romantic or sexual done with someone other than your partner. (I think having a subjective definition of cheating is kinda dumb anyways. My ex-stepmother considered giving a guy a blowjob not cheating which is blatantly false in the eyes of like 99.9% of the populace.)

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Melon

Yeah I wasn't sure about that...

You can read my interpretation here

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Melon posted:

it also depends on what you consider cheating, there are different views (kissing, sex or maybe already the fact that she met him in secret).

I think cheating is a fairly objective thing. It'd be anything romantic or sexual done with someone other than your partner. (I think having a subjective definition of cheating is kinda dumb anyways. My ex-stepmother considered giving a guy a blowjob not cheating which is blatantly false in the eyes of like 99.9% of the populace.)

Personally, I think it is not cheating if the partner truly doesn't mind. There are pretty open kinds of relationships. I agree however that most people have a similar feeling on when it is cheating.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Melon posted:

Personally, I think it is not cheating if the partner truly doesn't mind. There are pretty open kinds of relationships. I agree however that most people have a similar feeling on when it is cheating.

I wouldn't consider it not cheating personally. In that instance I would just consider that the person's partner is okay with it. Though that's more just an argument of semantics than anything since the end result is really identical either way.

To reply you must either login or sign up.