Forum › Inugami-san and Nekoyama-san discussion

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Oh come on! Inugami never said "I should screw you." in the anime! And why the foul language in the manga? They never had Inugami talk like that in the anime either. Someone please help me! I mean, it's not like I don't like it, but the changes from the anime and manga totally surprised me. Especially this chapter from episode 7.

You do realise the manga came first by a long way right? The anime is a poor clone that tamed down and made 'safe' - the original manga version. They changed stuff to make it friendly for day time broadcast.

Almost everyone thinks the anime totally sucks compared to the original manga - and in making it family friendly they have lost most of what was enjoyable.

Personally i still quite enjoyed the anime ok - but there's no doubt the gfx style and sharper / naughtier humor of the manga is a lot better still.

last edited at Jun 25, 2015 3:45AM

Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

Oh come on! Inugami never said "I should screw you." in the anime! And why the foul language in the manga? They never had Inugami talk like that in the anime either. Someone please help me! I mean, it's not like I don't like it, but the changes from the anime and manga totally surprised me. Especially this chapter from episode 7.

You do realise the manga came first by a long way right? The anime is a poor clone that tamed down and made 'safe' - the original manga version. They changed stuff to make it friendly for day time broadcast.

Almost everyone thinks the anime totally sucks compared to the original manga - and in making it family friendly they have lost most of what was enjoyable.

Personally i still quite enjoyed the anime ok - but there's no doubt the gfx style and sharper / naughtier humor of the manga is a lot better still.

Both the anine and manga are great in my opinion. If anything, its up to the scanslators to put whatever they can relate from the Japanese text and translate it to English.
I got a bit surprised with the liberal translations in the manga. Then again, it all depends on what the original text actually says, since Japanese isn't very easy to relate to English at all!

And as for the slightly naughtier language in the manga and the "tamed down" lines for the anime. I try checking the raws and comparing them with what they say in the anime. :3

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

I've only been watching the anime after doing the related manga chapters, and in general the ~naughtier~ humour is, uh, partially a translation quirk. I'm a big fan of etic translation and functional equivalency, so I don't really like when a series that's full of bawdy humour is given a really stiff translation?

Thaaat being said, Inugami's got a pretty chatty, slangy style even in JP, and a lot of the characters use-- pretty [i]strong[/i] language compared to what you'd expect from a normal cute girls series? I mean, Inugami herself throws a ビッチ or two out in later chapters, and that's added to the whole thing that it's a bunch of highschoolers making sex jokes.

Also the anime does cut out some of the ruder gags - but I think that's more for time's sake than censorship's sake, for the most part? Though the general moe-ification of the anime probably struck there a bit too.

Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

"ビッチ" reminds of Bitch-sensei from AssClass. Yeah I agree Inugami has more of a varied(?) style of speech. Although it might be there for the funny man gag. Aki too does not use very feminine language (maybe as the straight man). That's cool with me tho.

What just got me a bit taken aback was when Nezu was featured eating cheese. The eng ver was somethong along the lines of "sex in my mouth". Now that's just a bit quirky even for me.

Anyway God bless the translators, cleaners and typesetters of Sexy Akiba Detectives for bringing this to us, and I look forward to more chapters to come.

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

"God help me, I'm going to hurt you" Best line! I laughed so hard

last edited at Jun 25, 2015 2:39PM

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

What just got me a bit taken aback was when Nezu was featured eating cheese. The eng ver was somethong along the lines of "sex in my mouth". Now that's just a bit quirky even for me.

aaaah but that is the one line I did not change at all! In JP she literally talks about the 口の中でエッチな感じ or similar (the lewd feeling in my mouth) and 'sex in my mouth' is an actual english phrase to match it!?

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

obviously refer to semen in mouth

last edited at Jun 25, 2015 8:56PM

Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

"Sex in my mouth" is legit??? Something new everyday lol. Was thinking something along the lines of "an erotic feel in my mouth" •-•

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I like how they look in the colored pages. I hated how Nekoyama looked in the anime, her hair was way too purple.

"Too purple" . . . I don't understand what those words mean when combined like that.
Meanwhile, it's gotta be hard on Nekoyama the way Inugami propositions everyone in sight.

like this

I don't know why in the anime they have to make her hair all bright and vibrant. It's distracting.

That is a very pretty colour. I've seen better purple hair--Shampoo from Ranma 1/2, now there was a gorgeous girl with gorgeous purple hair. But you're not likely to get me to see eye to eye with the notion of there being a problem with something being purple.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Both the anine and manga are great in my opinion. If anything, its up to the scanslators to put whatever they can relate from the Japanese text and translate it to English.
I got a bit surprised with the liberal translations in the manga. Then again, it all depends on what the original text actually says, since Japanese isn't very easy to relate to English at all!

And as for the slightly naughtier language in the manga and the "tamed down" lines for the anime. I try checking the raws and comparing them with what they say in the anime. :3

I wouldn't really call the anime "tamed down" or even that it "sucked". I think the issue was that Seven just didn't budget much money for it and made it a short. The amount of stuff we did get was awesome imho, and the production as well as voice acting was absolutely spot on. Just 3 and half minutes over 12 eps ain't gonna cut it completely. They're both hilarious and awesome, I just wish they put more resources into making it at least 12 mins like Tonari no Seki-kun.

The more and more I read from Kuzushiro the more and more I am convinced that she/he is an absolutely brilliant writer. Everything is entertaining and hilarious, but she/he has also proven her/his (really wish I knew the pronoun to use here) ability to make super-cereal stuff and do it well.

Ev03
joined Jun 24, 2015

Oh, that's what it is? Now I understand why they made it so short. Thanks.

About Ushiwaka: I still don't understand how she gets "excited" every time she sees red things. Those pictures don't really help either. Someone help me elaborate on what's going on from chapter 10, please. Thanks.

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

Oh, that's what it is? Now I understand why they made it so short. Thanks.

About Ushiwaka: I still don't understand how she gets "excited" every time she sees red things. Those pictures don't really help either. Someone help me elaborate on what's going on from chapter 10, please. Thanks.

It's a popular myth, although well-enough known as a myth these days, that the colour red enrages bulls. This is typified by the traditional red cape of the bullfighter. It's actually just the flapping motion they don't like; like dogs, they're colourblind and can't actually see red.

And, y'know. Cow motif girl.

last edited at Aug 23, 2015 3:47PM

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

I loved the special 11.5 <3

Aoi
joined Jul 1, 2014

"Both ends of this cable are female , so does that make it yuri?" LOL

KittyCatOmaniac
E19418efd5cf90129f366e240e5156b3
joined Sep 12, 2014

Could we please get a mini-series detailing the escapades of the older Nekoyama sister? o.o/

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Could we please get a mini-series detailing the escapades of the older Nekoyama sister? o.o/

I second that she seems like a total dom :B

joined Dec 7, 2013

The older Nekoyama sister seems to be exactly the type of person that Inugami wants her Nekoyama to be like.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Wouldn't mind a few chapters focused on her :o

joined Feb 1, 2013

I love this series, Nekoyama and Inugami (as well as Nezumi and Ushikawa) make such a great couple. This manga is more proof that simple, straightforward storytelling works. Purely out of morbid curiosity, I went back and read the most recent chapter of Citrus, and it was the shits, just further proof that Saburouta hates his readers... Anyway, whenever I see a new chapter of I&N on this site, it really makes my day!

last edited at Aug 22, 2015 10:10PM

joined Feb 1, 2013

Totally, she's an admitted m-type. If Inugami hadn't had her fated meeting with Suzu first, then she'd be happy to have the Elder Nekoyama "tame" her (ie dominate XD).

joined Feb 1, 2013

That is a very pretty colour. I've seen better purple hair--Shampoo from Ranma 1/2, now there was a gorgeous girl with gorgeous purple hair. But you're not likely to get me to see eye to eye with the notion of there being a problem with something being purple.

Design wise, Shampoo might be the definitive purple-haired girl. She's also the only one who's name I could instantly recall from memory if someone asked me about it.

I get what you're saying, and there's nothing wrong with it per se. I honestly didn't have that much of a problem with it, but I get why some people might. The manga is black and white, hence Neko's glorious mop of messy black hair, and the fact that it further contrasts her with Inu and her long flowing sandy hair. So I don't think people so much dislike, rather it's more of a visual 'disconnect' for them.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Updated version uploaded. "contains fixed cleaning, levelling, and improved TL notes! because a lot of people seemed confused by the dog vs monkey stuff."

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

oh yeesss itd be such fun :P

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

Updated version uploaded. "contains fixed cleaning, levelling, and improved TL notes! because a lot of people seemed confused by the dog vs monkey stuff."

god damit and here i thought we got a new chapter...

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Now waiting for birdy.

To reply you must either login or sign up.