Forum › Heaven on Earth discussion

I01_rx-0-unicorn-gundam-mobile-suit-gundam-sci-fi-anime-mecha-galaxy-anime
joined May 26, 2020

Hate ghost yuri, always makes me cry

joined Jan 14, 2020

Aww, it's going to be an anthology of one-shots. Would have liked to see ghost girl resolution.

joined Oct 25, 2010

Me too! I agree about that great sadness that fills one’s heart about ghost girl stories. However, it may be wise to remain patient! I feel love can defeat any obstacle! Yuuki and Asuna are still together!—“ SAO anime”only her physical shell has emptied and gone! Maybe it is a naive hope of mine—that gentle loving souls endure for eternity! That may sound strange for some. It sounds like I am a follower of the great Buddha— but I know I have an old soul which returns again and again to learn soul lessons. Some scientists believe the world is a hologram created by its inhabitants moment by moment so we have a place to learn and grow spiritually! Of course, I may be full of “beans” ! That is a nice way to describe that I am full of it !!

last edited at Jan 29, 2024 9:02PM

joined Sep 18, 2021

Yingzi looks alot like Wednesday Addams

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

I know this is a pretty authentic historical manga because I had no clue what they were talking about half the time.

Pov_youre_a_triple_mugger
joined Feb 19, 2016

Oh, it's an anthology

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Yeeeeeaaaah, it's here! Thank you!

ArtemisOnVtubers
joined Dec 16, 2021

Well, christianity doesn't support so ghost existing it mean they are wrong, xds
Also it was a nice twist

joined Jan 8, 2016

Awww, an anthology?? That was such a good start that could have gone so many places.

It was beautiful, I thought it was going to be dense and abstruse at first, but it fleshed out its world and characters so well. The humor, the feelings, the ending.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

So, as far as I can tell:
1. Back in the day, miss great-aunt was sweethearts with a girl she went to school with. They weren't coming out and saying it directly, but it seemed pretty romantic (and doomed, because of marriages and stuff).
2. Then she died (in a kind of silly way).
3. The other girl must at some point have also died
4. And been reincarnated as the current-time live girl who can see her,
5. And who has dreams about the past life, and still/again loves her
6. And who really wants her to stick around as a ghost so they can be kind of together instead of going to heaven, so she doesn't want her to remember the past stuff and get anything resolved.
7. I don't really understand what the ghost marriage part is about. Since none of the characters do either, I'm assuming that's OK and will be explained to some extent in due course.

Anyway, it's pretty cool. Interesting balance of sorrow with a bit of comedy and flippancy.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

I love bittersweet ghost romance stories. That this one also has a sense of humor about the whole business is just fun. Getting hit by a random golf ball, (or falling aircraft parts, door for example) is one of my irrational fears!

Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

1. Back in the day, miss great-aunt was sweethearts with a girl she went to school with. They weren't coming out and saying it directly, but it seemed pretty romantic (and doomed, because of marriages and stuff).
6. And who really wants her to stick around as a ghost so they can be kind of together instead of going to heaven, so she doesn't want her to remember the past stuff and get anything resolved.
7. I don't really understand what the ghost marriage part is about. Since none of the characters do either, I'm assuming that's OK and will be explained to some extent in due course.

Anyway, it's pretty cool. Interesting balance of sorrow with a bit of comedy and flippancy.

I don't think the second girl even died in the first place, there was just a two-year timeskip after the first one's death. Since she didn't remember her after dying, she's been frustrated but playing along with that, out of fear that if she remembers, then she'll move on.

Tamo%20eat%20rice%2023
joined Oct 16, 2021

Yess, I'd been wanting more ghost yuri since I finished the Kindred Spirits VN, and this one was very cute, fun, and bittersweet.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

There's no enormous time skip. The two girls were classmates. One of them died, and her family persuaded the other's great-grandpa to ghost-marry her, which makes her literally her classmate's step-great-grandma.

It might be possible that there was no ghost marriage and it's all a lie by the MC who wants to thoroughly conceal the real reason the ghost can't move on (= the promise they made).

last edited at Feb 1, 2024 12:51PM

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

It might be possible that there was no ghost marriage and it's all a lie by the MC who wants to thoroughly conceal the real reason the ghost can't move on (= the promise they made).

I think there actually was. It was mentioned that the great-uncle could see ghosts and that him holding a ghost marriage was strange because he had no reason to. Also Yongen doesn't talk about actually interacting with him, as if he was actually treating it as symbolic. Sounds like he might have done it so that Yingzi and Yongen could get reunited, since Yingzi couldn't have held the ghost marriage herself.

Beeimbw9_400x400
joined Dec 23, 2021

I know this is a pretty authentic historical manga because I had no clue what they were talking about half the time.

lol as someone actually from Taiwan (where this manga is set) with both Christians and traditional Chinese religion adherents in my family tree, this manga was amazing

last edited at Feb 24, 2024 9:28AM

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Dang it the whole anthology wasn't translated :/

To reply you must either login or sign up.