Forum › Make a Mark discussion

joined Sep 10, 2021

Ah yes, another long-ass tags oneshot. I'm sure wouldn't mind being depressed this afternoon
But seriously, why are these things so addictive, just read Octave the 5th time and already want some more

joined May 28, 2021

I swear I've read dumb shit like this a hundred times, and a lot of them probably by Kodama Naoko. 3/10.

Untitled
joined Aug 17, 2020

Murasakino never fails to make me feel depresed. But this time it's rather light hearted than the previous ones they wrote. I'm glad the girl was her door to free herself, although they didn't end up together I hope they meet again and see how her life changed.

Gallery-cg15
joined Aug 12, 2019

Too late for that now huh

joined Sep 10, 2021

real shit, hoping for a-not-so-fairytale ending
It doesn't have to be fully heart-broke or the two end up together but it'll be nice if it's unbelievably emotional

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

A lot of readers seem depressed by this story, but I actually found it quite hopeful. The blonde protagonist was trapped in an unhealthy one-sided relationship with a person who led her on about fulfilling her emotional needs without actually ever intending to, which directly resulted in the the blonde's getting physically hurt at one point. But in the end, she found the inner strength to completely extract this toxic element from her life -- and, more importantly, not to relapse later, like so many people do under the guise of "true love triumphs in the end". That this decisiveness of hers has also given the player girl enough of a pause to self-reflect and to discover her own underlying emotional needs was just a nice bonus that she had done absolutely nothing to earn.

last edited at Jun 11, 2022 6:43AM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Damn I love this. Inject more of this into my veins please. Looking forward to the 2nd part

joined Jun 11, 2016

Omg yes it's a twoshot, that means there might be a happy ending!!

Thanks for doing this guys!! I really love Murasakino's works!!

Kore%20wa%20chigau
joined Mar 6, 2020

this was a very pleasant surprise! i picked this up after comitia and it Messed Me Up. glad everyone else gets to experience it too now

joined May 10, 2021

I swear this author always ticks all the boxes of "shit that fucks me up but I'm actually addicted and I want more"

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

Hell yeah, just fuck me up fam.
I was entirely expecting this to remain exclusively from Chihiro's perspective, so moving to Senpai's perspective as she gradually changes was a nice surprise.

I anxiously await part 2, and I repeat: just fuck me up, fam.

Istockphoto-486187560-1024x1024-1
joined Oct 5, 2021

more angsty introspective stories? heck yes, give me more of those

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

that was pretty good, wonder how the second part will develop things from here.

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

What was it that she wanted as a thanks then? I sneaked in from work to read and can't spend time thinking much T_T

I didn't find it depressing at all

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Am I not impressed that, once again, the bisexual tag is here because we have an emotionally detached love interest who fools around with many people? Yes. Player and Bisexual always seem to come together.
Is it good af and I’ll be eagerly waiting for the second part? Also yes.

last edited at Jun 11, 2022 9:22AM

joined Jun 24, 2020

I was also a bit confused by senpai "realizing what she wanted as thanks". Because of course she absolutely knew that the blonde wanted to be with her, so it must be something else. So my best guess is that the blonde wanted senpai to at least change, perhaps on her behalf specifically. After that incident the blonde takes a hit for senpai, she internally laments that afterwards absolutely nothing changed about senpai's behavior, or their relationship. It's not until much later that senpai reflects and literally takes a look at herself in the mirror. After changing, she sees herself unblemished by hickies & bruises, feels liberated for once, and finally understands what the blonde wanted. Just like the title implies, the blonde made her own mark on senpai, both literally with the hickey before leaving forever, and more importantly, figuratively with her permanent departure from senpai's life.

I didn't find a good place to insert this above, but I do like how it's not until senpai is free of bodily marks that the mark the blonde left is apparent, paradoxically.

I enjoyed this story, not only because of it's introspective & melancholic slant, but the fact that it ends hopeful like Koveras explained very well above. Most stories like this end up with characters never growing for the better and remaining trapped in their toxic circumstances, which never personally sat too well with me, even if that was the purpose.

I think this chapter stands well on its own, and I wouldn't be dissatisfied if it ended here. I'm mainly worried the second part of the twoshot will involve a relapse with the blonde and end pessimistically, invalidating the message of this first chapter. But after this chapter I'm confident the author will deliver quality like this.

joined Sep 20, 2014

I like this story. It tastes bitter, but I can't help it

last edited at Jun 11, 2022 10:51AM

6dc89f5c-43ac-44ad-a0d6-fe9ddf4f2fb2
joined Sep 2, 2021

I'm guessing Chihiro wanted to be free too? And maybe the Senpai realized it, when she felt free.

joined Mar 14, 2021

I relate to the blonde so much it hurts

10374935_1517148091919036_8454058064875083431_n
joined Apr 7, 2021

Can't wait for part 2

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I went through most of this with a "blah blah blah, not going to read future chapters" feeling but the change toward the end sold it for me.

joined Dec 18, 2021

fucking depressing. That's all i can say

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

I like it. Just the right amount of angst.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Nobody ever gets exactly what they want from a Murasakino story except an interesting story.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

A lot of readers seem depressed by this story, but I actually found it quite hopeful. The blonde protagonist was trapped in an unhealthy one-sided relationship with a person who led her on about fulfilling her emotional needs without actually ever intending to, which directly resulted in the the blonde's getting physically hurt at one point. But in the end, she found the inner strength to completely extract this toxic element from her life -- and, more importantly, not to relapse later, like so many people do under the guise of "true love triumphs in the end". That this decisiveness of hers has also given the player girl enough of a pause to self-reflect and to discover her own underlying emotional needs was just a nice bonus that she had done absolutely nothing to earn.

Might be a good thing I read this comment section first, cause I was in a relationship like this and I dunno if I wanna relive that again through a comic lmao

I hope that if what you're saying about this is true though, it doesn't do that "love triumphs in the end" shit in the second chapter.

To reply you must either login or sign up.