Forum › Volatilely Platonic discussion

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

joined Mar 15, 2018

Well where's the sequel I need it

Lilification
Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

Ah, there's a nice bitterness to this. Like good coffee.

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Something about a little finger.

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Sounds like a great title for a new yuri isekai.

18992b47e3036da3324d1a85848e4b9e
joined Jul 16, 2019

I'm in

joined Dec 30, 2018

This really an interesting one

Love the fact that the prostitute didn't end up falling in love or smth its way more realistic that way

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I'm in

I'd read it, too.

Love the fact that the prostitute didn't end up falling in love or smth its way more realistic that way

It's almost as if she is a professional who is not morally obligated to fall in love with every client just because the two of them are the leads in a manga. :-)

Roodypatooti
Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

Cute

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

that's it? i need moreeeeeee

joined May 10, 2021

Daawwww it really want a sequel for this!
Also thanks to the credit page, I'm reminded that this yakuza yuri stuff hasn't recieved an update in ages.

0e4e3c74ba046af40a2d42c78bf7a8d7
joined Mar 30, 2022

I WANT SOME MORE

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

though i do appreciate that in spite of her determination not to get emotionally involved, she has become somewhat fond of the client, to the point of actively wanting to comfort her. this ambiguity also feels much more real than the usual dichotomy where the sex worker is either just waiting to fall in love and be 'taken away from all that', or on the other hand completely jaded and cynical.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Where's the other half of the chapter? >_<;;

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I'm in

I'd read it, too.

It's almost as if she is a professional who is not morally obligated to fall in love with every client just because the two of them are the leads in a manga. :-)

To be fair, in real life prostitutes always fall in love with their clients if the two of them are the leads in a manga. Or at least, I'm not aware of any counterexamples where a real life prostitute and her client were the leads in a manga but DIDN'T fall in love. ;-)

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

though i do appreciate that in spite of her determination not to get emotionally involved, she has become somewhat fond of the client, to the point of actively wanting to comfort her. this ambiguity also feels much more real than the usual dichotomy where the sex worker is either just waiting to fall in love and be 'taken away from all that', or on the other hand completely jaded and cynical.

Yes. Absolutely this.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

To be fair, in real life prostitutes always fall in love with their clients if the two of them are the leads in a manga. Or at least, I'm not aware of any counterexamples where a real life prostitute and her client were the leads in a manga but DIDN'T fall in love. ;-)

Is that a veiled rebuttal? :P Because if so, you've missed my point somewhat: my peeve was with the pervasiveness of the sex-worker-falls-in-love-with-the-protagonist trope in recent yuri manga, not with the supposed lack of realism of such an event. Primarily, I am disappointed by the lack of variety in Pay for gay plots, which most often seem to boil down to the Yuri Story A with extra steps.

I agree, and I think it's only human to become emotionally attached to someone who spends time and shares their worries with you for months. But Mizaki is still a professional, so she has to balance her emotions and her work, like all professionals, and the depiction of that balancing act is what makes this story stand out.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

I think a funnier play on words would to be to capitalize on the inability to spell definitely correctly: Defiantly Platonic. This would encompass her recalcitrance to bump donuts, but continue the wordplay.

Further, once you've been together 30 years, you'll be comfortable with half-hearted rutting.

last edited at Jun 1, 2022 1:41PM

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Awwww. Nice, if sad

Screenshot_7
joined Aug 22, 2014

Daawwww it really want a sequel for this!
Also thanks to the credit page, I'm reminded that this yakuza yuri stuff hasn't recieved an update in ages.

Damn what's that yakuza yuri manga?

Fb_img_1479131434796
joined Oct 6, 2014

Ohsawa Yayoi never disappoints

Noodvatar100
joined Apr 13, 2021

Honestly this. At first I thought the title was referring to the client, because she didn't want to engage in sexual activities just yet. She had to practice every previous step of courtship first. And by the end of the story, it seems like it's the prostitute who reminds her that their relationship is nothing but a work contract. Also self-reflecting that she's just a person who cares for someone, no romantic feelings attached.

Then again, I could be projecting some aromantic bias in my interpretation.

Screenshot_3
joined Jun 24, 2021

ending leaves much to be desired, sequel would be nice

To reply you must either login or sign up.