Forum › I'm Not Cut Out to Be a Princess, so I'll Elope with the Villainess. discussion

joined Aug 10, 2018

Damn, what an asshole. “You aren’t my daughter or anything, but this prince said he wanted to marry you so I decided that was what you wanted by proxy. Now do your duty as a woman that has no relation to me.” Glad they were able to run away from that mess.

To me it was more like "I fed and clothed you, I gave you a roof, when you had nothing to your name and no one to turn to. Now that there is something you can do to repay me, I expect you to." I mean, it still a major butthole move but with some (however twisted) logic behind it.

Chad%20narukami
joined Feb 28, 2022

Dang, just 38 pages and I could feel the world building and characters. It could've gone on for longer and yet it is perfect just as it is. This was a great one-shot. I wish there was a like system on Dynasty so I could show my appreciation in another way.

Shigure%20beach
joined Oct 18, 2017

Some Yuri Isekai concepts I am working on:
*Reincarnated villianess from a novel spends time seducing her maids instead of taking part in evil plans.
*Girls gets thrown into another world where she becomes a slave dealer and acquires a harem of girls and they live happily ever after.
*Girl spurned by man get truck'd into another world where she decides to find a wife.
*Woman wakes up as a noblewoman and declares lesbianism to be the law of the land.

i'd read all of that in a heartbeat

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

Moar.

The "villainess" wasn't really villainess-ish (or even rival-ish based on her last comments), but this still so very good.
So in other words, MOAR

NewtMarshmallow
29216120_985796631584578_7844572378056777434_n
joined Nov 5, 2017

I don't get it, why is Makiyo being forced to marry by a royal/noble when she's a commoner? That's what's been bothering me since the start.

Screenshot_20220712-194055_tachiyomi%20(1)
joined Jun 22, 2013

That was cute it could be just me but she didn't seem like a villainess.

O0480040113112528096
joined May 23, 2014

OMG This is just too good!!!! Such a promising one shot that can be serialized, I could imagine it becoming popular already. And who’s this author? I have never seen their work on this site before but this certainly has quality. Terrific art, characters with good developments ( Monet changing her perspective from being binded by rules to craving for freedom because of Makiyo will be more interesting if it was described by a longer series, even Makiyo unfortunate past leading to a cheerful and free Makiyo in this world would be good material too). I sincerely hope to see more from this author on dynasty in the future.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

That memory of Makiyo being bedridden in a hospital room, hooked up on IV's, thinking "I always wanted to be free", that is quite a hefty emotional punch for a single panel. It also adds in retrospect so much weight to this, "I just want to keep living, that's all..."

I liked this a lot.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Damn, what an asshole. “You aren’t my daughter or anything, but this prince said he wanted to marry you so I decided that was what you wanted by proxy. Now do your duty as a woman that has no relation to me.” Glad they were able to run away from that mess.

To me it was more like "I fed and clothed you, I gave you a roof, when you had nothing to your name and no one to turn to. Now that there is something you can do to repay me, I expect you to." I mean, it still a major butthole move but with some (however twisted) logic behind it.

I think you’re giving him more credit than he is due. He just thinks he can do what he wants cause she’s a woman. Otherwise, he would, y’know, include her in the discussion. Not just flat out make the decision for her. I mean she has other suitors, why the prince? Probably because they offered him money/land/trade and he just flat out sold her.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Monet is a terrible villainess she's way to sweet lol

F94f4454-2d43-4522-a33a-00c2b6de5666b
joined Jul 24, 2020

awwwwwwwww this was the cutest! good for them, good for them <3

Classy-Nessi
23-n%20(1)
joined Dec 10, 2020

Pls god let their be maor villainess/heroine stories......

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

*Woman wakes up as a noblewoman and declares lesbianism to be the law of the land.

i'd read all of that in a heartbeat

That's basically World of Yuri.

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

gimme villainess x villainess stories too

Bubblegum Uploader
Slime
Sticky Scans
joined Sep 21, 2020

Dang, just 38 pages and I could feel the world building and characters. It could've gone on for longer and yet it is perfect just as it is. This was a great one-shot. I wish there was a like system on Dynasty so I could show my appreciation in another way.

I'm glad that you like the oneshot so much!
You can show appreciation directly to the author by buying the raws which are linked on the credits page ;)

Bubblegum Uploader
Slime
Sticky Scans
joined Sep 21, 2020

This was very cute and wholesome. Are the other works in this anthology also yuri, or is it just this one?

I don't know because the story in the anthology was reedited into an oneshot, which is this release, so I didn't really had to check the anthology out.

Miku
joined Feb 27, 2016

This is cute... Wish there's a sequel showing their happy married life

last edited at May 16, 2022 5:42AM

joined Aug 10, 2021

I need more 200 pages with 69 extras or I would go on a rampage.

Received_330739178846629
joined Jan 15, 2022

If I had a tail, it'd be wagging by now. This is so cute~!

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

That art was really something else.

joined Mar 20, 2012

What a great art, I need to look into what else this mangaka draws. The panel of monet when the prince enters the room its beautiful.

joined Mar 13, 2022

https://twitter.com/atuka_/status/1526214258601897984?s=20&t=YrwZyiCnBTRxxPy9qMEawQ
I checked out the author's Twitter and they just tweeted this.

Kidsbeingkidscats2
joined Jan 19, 2015

Ok this is cool and all but where are my other 12 chapters?

joined Jun 11, 2016

I don't get it, why is Makiyo being forced to marry by a royal/noble when she's a commoner? That's what's been bothering me since the start.

eh, the Duke's house took her in, fed her and basically cared for her for a while. He could have said that he adopted her so she's part of the Duke's house, and then by "marrying" (selling) her to the most prospective suitor, he will get power and money. Tbh had the prince and other powerful male figures not been interested in her I doubt he would have kept her for so long. She's basically a merchandise to the Duke.

Also please remember that this was supposed to be an otome game, commoners marrying nobles are common there.

Nyoron
joined Apr 30, 2020

Wholesome and cute story. I like how the artist drew the hair and dresses. Very beautiful and detailed.

To reply you must either login or sign up.