Forum › A O̶n̶c̶e̶- T̶w̶i̶c̶e̶- Many Times-in-a-Lifetime Encounter discussion

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

I expected a titty bar, instead I got bunnies.

joined Aug 29, 2019

What the hell, people. I also thought she was a guy at first, but the proper reaction to discovering she's not isn't "ew what the hell why is she drawn like a MAN" it's "oh, I guess I was wrong."

Some ladies are pretty masculine, by birth or choice, and that's OK.

This, it's honestly just the artstyle. It's simplified and sketchy and since she was drawn in a looser blazer waist up in the first two pages, her sex was ambiguous. I wouldn't go as far as saying this artist has a "this person draws yaoi all the time and can't draw two girls without it looking like two dudes" problem though.

Word²

Ba6830e9-5391-43ab-838d-9b1794f709e7
joined Jul 8, 2013

Nah, I appreciate the discussion. Sorry that I don't have anything more interesting to say really, I understand why you reacted the way you did. Hopefully it's clear why I did too. Cheers.

Fair enough. I also admit to being overly triggered. I've spent a lifetime being primarily attracted to the tomboy types, to the funny looks of my peers. Feeling like my ability to understand my own preferences was being questioned, like I'm hurting those I find most attractive, left me feeling defensive and a little hostile. :) /cheers

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

This... this ends in the middle of nowhere!

I know that, once upon a time, it was textbook storytelling for yuri manga to keep going until the love confession and then put up a "The End" sign... but this is ridiculous! I feel like most of the plot points were left unexplained!

Do we know for a fact that there isn't a continuation?

joined Jun 12, 2015

I thought the big chest in the first page made it pretty obvious it was a woman. And between this and the Villainess time loop manga, it's pretty obvious the author have a type lol

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

Okay but why did the blonde keep reopening businesses in that same location over and over again? I need to know the other half of this story.

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Ambiguous by incompetence.

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

Now that's a stone butch!

Stone butch isn’t an aesthetic it’s a sexual role, MC is just a masc-ish lesbian

Transcendent Egg
Home
joined Sep 27, 2018

I feel like if you got confused you could just look at the taglist. It's right there

Also, lmao at the people complaining about mc's design. I guess that's the difference between "yuri" and "lesbian"

Hqdefault
joined Sep 13, 2020

ah the gender police is here

Shut the fuck up. Did someone kick your ass?

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

and here I am still wondering why the shops keep on closing and she comes back with new ones

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

There's an actual term for this type of character: Bifauxnen and even some of the real life examples can look very masculine.

After looking at the author's pixiv, I hope some more of their stuff gets translated. It looks interesting and unusual.

last edited at Aug 14, 2021 7:11AM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

gwen posted:

ah the gender police is here

Shut the fuck up. Did someone kick your ass?

Don't be like this, it's unacceptable. Thanks.

joined Apr 28, 2021

Wow everyone's fighting abt yuri tag and the mc...I'm just wondering why the shops keeps closing and if we'll get a sequel lol. This is a cute story, I like it a lot.

bloodonthewater
Bigj
joined Jul 7, 2021

Letting the days go by~

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

Where's the tomboy tag?

Avarta
joined Sep 11, 2016

Author just draw a boy and slap a skirt on her and bum we have a tomboy :v . The story is good, tho.

last edited at Aug 20, 2021 12:40AM

joined Feb 1, 2013

This is completely ridiculous... and I love it!

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

Drives me nuts when they end abruptly like this. XD

To reply you must either login or sign up.