Forum › My Girlfriend's Not Here Today discussion

Images%20(5)
joined Apr 25, 2021

I have the new chapters if you want I'll send them to you so you can translate them.

Bruh.... they literally explained the situation so where the heck did you get the idea that they are not translating because they don't have the chapters.

joined Jun 21, 2021

Here’s the deal. The editor went on BREAK break, like hiatus. So zero ETA on future chapters. I offered to pick it up in the interim but we are so far behind on Semelparous the TL wants to catch up on that as opposed to dropping it entirely. So that’s where it stands. If Semel gets caught up and the og KyouKano editor is still on hiatus I’ll be switching over to it.

I had a feeling this happened, you hate to see it, how many chapters are you guys behind on Semelparous?

Either way it’s nice to hear that one way or another someone will be interested in translating this series again EVENTUALLY. All I can do is wait patiently I guess

joined Feb 10, 2022

I have the new chapters if you want I'll send them to you so you can translate them.

Bruh.... they literally explained the situation so where the heck did you get the idea that they are not translating because they don't have the chapters.

Do you have to be rude bro?

joined Mar 15, 2013

Already read ch.8 at first I think she just want to parasite or have fun with other relationship
but now i dont understand what Fuuko wants from Yuni?

at first iam think she love Yunichan but til now I think I was wrong what are you what fuukoooo/

joined Dec 17, 2021

Just read all 5 chapters available.

My general opinion on Yuni and Nanase is that they are emotional teens who are barely communicating and that are trying to protect themselves with their actions. I don't see them working long term, but I don't think one is worse than the other.

As for Taki. My take on her is that she wants attention, probably because her parents give it all to a sibling we haven't met yet. Her main goal seems to be to get Yuni for herself, but knowing this author, I'm not sure it won't be something more dramatic, like:

• Making Yuni and Nanase break up because she wants Nanase for herself. Essentially pulling a Namori
  • Breaking up lesbian couples by cheating with one of them since she only gets pleasure out of Schadenfreude.
  • Getting her dosis of self-esteem by having a Yuni ruin her relationship with Nanase and her being the cuase, which somehow would relate to the whole winter fungus thing.
Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Great analysis. However, I do genuinely believe that Fuuko wants Yuni, and will do it in whatever which way is possible. Fuuko financing Yuni's trip (with Fuuko the sguarmama), Yunu starts to dig a hole; you will now wonder if there will be an NTR in Osaka.
That scene where Fuuko has one hand dfeeling up Yuni, the other showing her bank account to Yuni..I have to agree with Yuni: KIMOI.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Here’s the deal. The editor went on BREAK break, like hiatus. So zero ETA on future chapters. I offered to pick it up in the interim but we are so far behind on Semelparous the TL wants to catch up on that as opposed to dropping it entirely. So that’s where it stands. If Semel gets caught up and the og KyouKano editor is still on hiatus I’ll be switching over to it.

Thank you. I guess I cannot have my cake and eat it. I love this manga, but i also starting to like Semelparous. The only good thing is Semelparous is so much more easy to read the RAW, that anyone with a couple years of College Japanese can handle it, plus with a dictionary that will be enough. This one is harder, but I still manage to read and understand it.

Anyway, I now have to go back and read 6 and 7 in Raw. I jumped to 8 without noticing it, that is the irony of reading RAW. I found out when I was on Sensei's twitter...how embarrassing as this is my second favorite Yuri. (Vampeerz is first, Citrus+ 3rd).

last edited at Feb 26, 2022 5:18AM

joined Feb 10, 2022

My general opinion on Yuni and Nanase is that they are emotional teens who are barely communicating and that are trying to protect themselves with their actions. I don't see them working long term, but I don't think one is worse than the other.

As for Taki. My take on her is that she wants attention, probably because her parents give it all to a sibling we haven't met yet. Her main goal seems to be to get Yuni for herself, but knowing this author, I'm not sure it won't be something more dramatic, like:

• Making Yuni and Nanase break up because she wants Nanase for herself. Essentially pulling a Namori
  • Breaking up lesbian couples by cheating with one of them since she only gets pleasure out of Schadenfreude.
  • Getting her dosis of self-esteem by having a Yuni ruin her relationship with Nanase and her being the cuase, which somehow would relate to the whole winter fungus thing.

Fuuko is kinda obsessed. I dont think she is after Nanase. She wants Yuni.

Lomographic Colored Past
74ec91ae-b46c-44be-9b5e-7c40e1fb423d
joined Dec 29, 2016

Dude, your negativity is not welcomed here. Get a life.

Images%20(5)
joined Apr 25, 2021

Dude, your negativity is not welcomed here. Get a life.

Lol if you think that's being negative then go touch some grass.
The other team explained it clearly about how they are busy with irl stuff and other projects and the other guy completely missed the point of why the chapters are not being translated.
If you got triggered coz I used the word "heck" then you're the one who needs to get a life.

last edited at Mar 2, 2022 1:13AM

03fca6214046e15b1cbd7ed7cd767b1a
joined May 26, 2020

sobbing bcs it's almost april with no translation and google translate is butchering the translation of the raw(for me),
I really don't understand what's going on

joined Jun 21, 2021

sobbing bcs it's almost april with no translation and google translate is butchering the translation of the raw(for me),

At least you have the raws

joined Mar 14, 2022

Well, the Spanish translation was already published 2 days ago, I guess one of these days it will be in English.

last edited at Apr 2, 2022 8:31PM

I know I'm going to sound like a broken record on this but does anyone have and have a general idea of when the chapters are going to be translated at all?

Images%20(5)
joined Apr 25, 2021

I know I'm going to sound like a broken record on this but does anyone have and have a general idea of when the chapters are going to be translated at all?

"Here’s the deal. The editor went on BREAK break, like hiatus. So zero ETA on future chapters. I offered to pick it up in the interim but we are so far behind on Semelparous the TL wants to catch up on that as opposed to dropping it entirely. So that’s where it stands. If Semel gets caught up and the og KyouKano editor is still on hiatus I’ll be switching over to it."

joined Jun 21, 2021

I just wish I could find the raws lol

Images%20(5)
joined Apr 25, 2021

Just read the latest chapter and lmao it was fucking wild, gave off completely different vibe, the paneling especially that one panel of Fuuko was beautiful.

These two girls need to get a room lol coz the public and social awareness they have is in the range of negatives.

last edited at Apr 17, 2022 6:23PM

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

It has been almost 6 months without a translation, so I will post a somewhat, kind of, spoiler; just in case some of you are unable to catchup, may as well purchase the RAW just to get a general feel of what is going on. Chapter 9 title is "Empty happiness".

Wow

Fuuko really becomes the sugar mama of Yuni. Matching skirt, Matching ear piercing, matching top, even matching hairstyle (double bun) They really have a date....? Fuuko now has Yuni wrap around her fingers. Yuni also starting to fall in love with Fuuko (full blown NTR now?). For the first time Yuni apologizes to Fuuko, while does not know that Fuuko is playing mind games. The two of them got caught kissing by Yuki, of all people, who is Nanase's best friend (and the only person that Nanase told about she has a girlfriend) while in Osaka. But somehow Yuki cannot recognize them.

Maybe after a few more chapters I will want to buy the tankoubon. I just like a screwed up romance that is not a tragedy.

last edited at Apr 17, 2022 9:34PM

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

So perfect you guys can switch gears now to concentrate on My girlfriend? It is now chapter 9. Semel is now on hiatus. Sensei got sick. This is the conclusion that Sensei and the editorial staff have decided. Sensei's healthy is now the priority. No time table is given, but once Sensei is recovered, Semelparous will run again.

last edited at Apr 17, 2022 4:24PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Or you can let people do what they want to do ?

joined Feb 10, 2022

I also bought chapter 9. All I can say: I want chapter 10 now cause the way chap9 ended xD but if there's no delay, it will be updated until may 18

last edited at Apr 17, 2022 6:00PM

Images%20(5)
joined Apr 25, 2021

I also bought chapter 9. All I can say: I want chapter 10 now cause the way chap9 ended xD but if there's no delay, it will be updated until may 18

I doubt it's going to be on a break next month, if chasing Spica is going to be the next month's issue then sure kyokana will be on break but since next month chasing Spica will have volume 1 release I don't think that's going to happen.

last edited at Apr 17, 2022 6:19PM

joined Feb 10, 2022

I doubt it's going to be on a break next month, if chasing Spica is going to be the next month's issue then sure kyokana will be on break but since next month chasing Spica will have volume 1 release I don't think that's going to happen.

I'm just saying cause I didnt know there was gonna be a break last month. I follow the author's twitter but didnt see any notice regarding to that

last edited at Apr 17, 2022 7:25PM

joined Jun 21, 2021

Chasing spica is another series I want to see translated

No insult to the hard working fan translators, but man do I feel like some of them back the most boring Yuri, it feels like all the ones I have an interest in never get translated or have a problem lol

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The scanlators are doing what they can. They have a life too and sometimes they have better things to do, since they're doing this for free.

People complaining about the lack of updates are just annoying them.

And people posting spoilers are even more annoying because it disincentivize the scanlators to do it.

You can read Japanese, great for you. Just don't try to ruin it for other people, like "I don't like how it goes, so you should all drop this" or "This is so great, I liked the kiss in the chapter that wasn't translated yet. You'll like it".

Who cares? Just comment on what everyone can read and everyone will be happy.

To reply you must either login or sign up.