Forum › I'm the Only One Not Crossdressing!? discussion

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Oh yeah, I remember seeing these characters on Twitter. Nice to see them in an actual series.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

... what, only 50%? Ridiculous. If it's a real fashion trend, it should be at least 85%.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

its true:

being cute is just.

subscribed!

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

... what, only 50%? Ridiculous. If it's a real fashion trend, it should be at least 85%.

I'm fully expecting it to increase with each chapter.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

this looks fun

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Is it really the same person who have done the yaoi shotacon rape doujins of Touhou ?

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

I THOUGHT the art looked familiar. Might be why the artist pretty much erased all their previous dirty work, so they could start fresh with more mainstream manga.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Is it really the same person who have done the yaoi shotacon rape doujins of Touhou ?

That's right, a beacon of hope for the future of this series.

joined May 4, 2013

Adressing passable femboys by he/him is pretty cringe, ngl.

last edited at Aug 20, 2020 2:14PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

They're still boys as far as we know. It's just crossdressing.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Respect cis people's pronouns too.

joined May 4, 2013

They're still boys as far as we know. It's just crossdressing.

It should be fine using she/her because identity in cis-manga is as bendable
as cis-people are indifferent about their gender dimorphism irl.
Makes me wish there was a second version of this manga with switched pronouns.

last edited at Aug 20, 2020 2:29PM

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Yeah it is fine to want to be a masculine man's man but it just looks and feels ridicilous on some of us

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

So every man I see in real life who isn't crossdressing is actually overcompensating for lack of testosterone? I'll keep that in mind.

joined May 4, 2013

So every man I see in real life who isn't crossdressing is actually overcompensating for lack of testosterone? I'll keep that in mind.

Depends on how hard they're forcing male stereotypes though.

last edited at Aug 20, 2020 3:21PM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I probably won't read this; I've always reacted badly to forcing male stereotypes and macho-ism in general. But well I did have to deal with being pushed into a male mold when I was young. Wait, did I say that? I meant my trans woman friend about whom I know unreasonably intimate details had to deal with that and I picked it up from her! (sweat)

Moving on... the guys are drawn very cutely. It's possible I'll read it later depending on the story.

Ayaka
joined Feb 10, 2013

It's stupid i love it and need more

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

lol I wish I went to this high school, it would have helped me figure stuff out a lot sooner

1) The ability to pass does not reflect a person's pronouns or gender. Using someone's presentation to determine their pronouns is actually really shitty.
2) Pronouns and presentation are not causally linked. You can be fem and use he/him. You can be masc and use she/her. Same with any other combination of presentation and pronouns.
3) irl femboys use all sorts of pronouns. The correct pronouns are determined by the individual and that's beginning and end of that.
4) Giving a shit about cringe is the greatest cringe of all.

ftr I'm a trans woman. That doesn't buy me any authority but because of that, this sort of discourse I participate in all the time.

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

I assume femboys as "he" unless they tell me otherwise. Forcing crossdressers, femboys or fictional traps into trans is a weird trend. It doesn't help anyone.

joined May 4, 2013

Y'all real G with your recognition of human rights, the fact persists however that nobody will know who you are talking about when refering to a stranger who clearly looks female as a he. I'm trans too and behind all the social dysphoria that it causes me I recognize that it would cause arbitrary confusion in other people just to be polite to me. I'd still call non-conforming peeps by their prefered pronouns as long as as the listener is cued in on how it differs from their gender presentation.

Simply put, people will default to calling people what feels right based on social cues, not self-declarative thingamjig.
Also trap is an obsolete term, much like "fictional futanari".

Also also manga characters don't have rights.

last edited at Aug 20, 2020 6:33PM

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

So the joke is comparing passing cross dressers to non-passing cross dressers?

Yeah, Im out

Screen%20shot%202020-07-16%20at%209.34.01%20pm
joined Mar 25, 2020

mom..? can u please pick me up..? the people here and doing weird things....

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

You know what they say, if you can't beat them, join them!

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

Princess*Princess in reverse.

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

Yeah uh, yikes, playing crossdressing for comedy almost always ends up transphobic and homophobic. closeted me ate this kinda shit up, now I just cringe/get frustrated. If a character presents, thinks, acts in a particular, single gendered deal different from their assigned sex except for when they go "haha i'm boye/gurl gottem xDDDDD" or to assert a rigid gender binary every so often, it is really hard not to read that as anything but a trans character written by a transphobe to say that, despite everything someone may do, they can't change their gender. There isnt the nuance or thought entertained that "hey, I present this way but I dont identify as binary-trans person, and am nonbinary or just masc." You're assuming the content respects those identities when it doesn't, so you interpret what's given at face value.

last edited at Aug 21, 2020 12:08AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.