Forum › I Favor the Villainess discussion

Img_5712
joined Jan 3, 2022

I wonder if Rei with get arrested for saying no? Or rather, kept in the dungeon? Cuz she’s definitely not gonna agree when being Claire’s maid is 100000000000000000000000000000x better, not only cuz, y’know, Claire, but also cuz the major plot points that happen in game revolve around the school, therefore being away from the school might cause shit to go bad.

That or she can join the secret forces and still be lady Claire’s maid as a cover or smthn

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Ralaire still the best. ^_^

Poor Lilly, though...

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Awwww, Lilly.

342713096_945190890232560_6363820535049258469_n
joined Mar 18, 2023

Lilly!! It is weird to read the manga now after reading the LN first.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Lilly!! It is weird to read the manga now after reading the LN first.

The manga only additions make it fun (as long as they don't get too off the rails).

last edited at Jun 5, 2024 1:17AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

So the Pope in this setting is not only a girl, but one whose face is conspicuously hidden from the reader, while her silhouette is oddly reminiscent of Rei's? Probably nothing significant there. :3

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

There's something touching about that slime emulating Misha for the Villainess.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Rei is finally living the life she's always wanted: simping for Claire from extremely close range without a fear of retribution. :-)

last edited at Jun 5, 2024 3:46PM

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Wtf?
The king suspects, nay knows that the nobility is corrupt and so that the corruption can be brought into check he decides to set up unbiased investigators -- who are the children of his prime suspects?! At least try to be sensible.

joined Jul 21, 2020

They cut a scene with Rod which was very important in my view, I wonder if they're gonna show it later?
I was waiting for this part where they confronted the first noble because I couldn't picture their pose without reference!

joined Aug 13, 2023

We have investigated the allegations levelled at the heads of our families, and discovered nooooooo evidence of wrongdoing.

Looks like all our family names are in the clear, and we don't have to worry about the effects our dads' ALLEGED impropriety may have on our respective futures. What a relief.

How nice of the King and Prince to look past the obvious conflict of interest there, and also past the glaring problem that - even setting the direct family ties aside - the suspects these two are investigating have VERY direct power over their livelihoods and futures. Acting against them in any way puts them at immediate risk of repercussion. And on top of all that, there's basically no way the suspects won't immediately catch wind of the investigation.

last edited at Jun 5, 2024 10:09PM

342713096_945190890232560_6363820535049258469_n
joined Mar 18, 2023

Investigating your own family makes no sense.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Impassioned servitude. Ha! I just don't get what that nun brings. There was no need for more comic relief.

joined Sep 10, 2022

Impassioned servitude. Ha! I just don't get what that nun brings. There was no need for more comic relief.

She creates opportunities for Claire to showcase her newfound love for and cute jealousy over Rae, while very clearly not being a threat to Claire and Rae's relationship (since Rae has negative interest in anyone besides Claire). So there's no potential drama there. It's a little harmless "fun." Then she has other relationships with characters and uses that'll come up eventually.

last edited at Jun 6, 2024 1:27PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Interesting. My guess would be that by involving these two as investigators as well, Rae is shielding them from the fallout of the investigation.

Img_5712
joined Jan 3, 2022

She creates opportunities for Claire to showcase her newfound love for and cute jealousy over Rae, while very clearly not being a threat to Claire and Rae's relationship (since Rae has negative interest in anyone besides Claire). So there's no potential drama there. It's a little harmless "fun." Then she has other relationships with characters and uses that'll come up eventually.

Exactly, she just serves to make Claire jealous and possessive. I’m not one for love triangles, but in this position, where the person being pursued is firm in their feelings, and the other person is a tsundere, I’m completely fine with it. Claire having competition means that she can’t just push Rae away

Img_5712
joined Jan 3, 2022

Wtf?
The king suspects, nay knows that the nobility is corrupt and so that the corruption can be brought into check he decides to set up unbiased investigators -- who are the children of his prime suspects?! At least try to be sensible.

Maybe Rae is just that good at convincing ppl, she prolly argued that both the girls are ladies with immense honor to authority and respect for their fathers, so they wouldn’t try to hide proof of their father’s wrongdoing and the king decided to trust Rae’s word OR, the king knows how Lily and Claire are, and knows they wouldn’t do anything shady + he prolly trusts that Rae would catch them if they did try and hide things

joined Sep 10, 2022

Exactly, she just serves to make Claire jealous and possessive. I’m not one for love triangles, but in this position, where the person being pursued is firm in their feelings, and the other person is a tsundere, I’m completely fine with it. Claire having competition means that she can’t just push Rae away

I wouldn't even call it a love triangle, as Lily is clearly just a third party panting at the window lol. And that's what makes it work (and what the author does well). She's never allowed to seem like a threat, so her antics just become completely harmless jokes that serve to accentuate Claire's comedic potential more and also to reinforce how untouchable Rae's love for Claire is. I think that's why Lily is liked so much, when others in this position tend to be disliked a bit--the audience knows she's not even shaking the boat, let alone rocking it. If anything people seem to pity Lily, which is also key for her character.

last edited at Jun 13, 2024 10:41AM

__akiyama_mizuki_project_sekai_drawn_by_ririru__aef7569108d461f730828c198e920bc8_1_1_1_1_1
joined Mar 9, 2024

I just started reading.
And I thought it's just some random yuri manga until Chapter 7.

I'm extremely sorry for my rude conjecture.

And Lady Clarie even stand out for Rei because of those homophobic commentary made by those classmates OMG KYAAAAAAAAAAA

Update: to Chap 25. OMG OMG OMGOMGOMG I'm so happy for them (cries)

Update 2: And the history-fiction drama is quite something. 10/10

Update 3: OMG this is SOOO good, all the discussions about weird and social pressure from peers and bullying, I feel seen (cries)

last edited at Jun 11, 2024 10:27AM

__akiyama_mizuki_project_sekai_drawn_by_ririru__aef7569108d461f730828c198e920bc8_1_1_1_1_1
joined Mar 9, 2024

On second thought, the way Rei's mon describes how Rei once were, "half of her soul is in another world" ... isn't it kind of creepy?
"Half of her soul isn't here until someone 'play the game of Revolution' ", maybe indeed so, games' main character isn't "full" until player's own will joined, but I have not thought of it like this before...

Update: Read the novel to the end and now I can see why... Jesus...

last edited at Jun 20, 2024 6:43PM

joined Apr 10, 2023

On second thought, the way Rei's mon describes how Rei once were, "half of her soul is in another world" ... isn't it kind of creepy?
"Half of her soul isn't here until someone 'play the game of Revolution' ", maybe indeed so, games' main character isn't "full" until player's own will joined, but I have not thought of it like this before...

They're not in a game, just a world a game appeared to be based on. Rei hasn't had any stat screens or magic inventories or nothing and she definitely seems to regard this not as "I've seen this story before" but rather "I know some things about the future".

joined Mar 9, 2024

They're not in a game, just a world a game appeared to be based on. Rei hasn't had any stat screens or magic inventories or nothing and she definitely seems to regard this not as "I've seen this story before" but rather "I know some things about the future". Just like no one will have a stat screen about how much money or how much knowledge they learn in real life.

I guess that's how "an in-game character" feels? So no stat screen of course, and "magic inventory" is just the magic wand you actually placed in your pocket, but not some abstract "inventory/backpack/chest" (honestly those sound like something that'll appear in cyberpunk concept or VR game thing)

btw in chapter 9 Rei actually saw a choice window on who to call for help, though that's probably for comedical effect rather, lol.

last edited at Jun 12, 2024 4:15AM

joined Mar 9, 2024

If the Tompsons are doing window dressing, wouldn't them having a higher than normal revenue? And by reporting more revenue they're taxed even more, which seems meaningless (share and stock market isn't even here in this world, why inflate revenue to please investors?).
Or does Rae mean that they're doing reverse window dressing? By reporting lower than normal revenue, they will be taxed less. Also the Cardinal mentioned him living luxurious life, with all the luxury here, is the author implying "Fixed asset reverse window dressing" (technique of window dressing by using corporate money to buy/sell fixed assets, thus driving revenue down/up)?

last edited at Jun 13, 2024 7:57PM

joined Jun 16, 2023

Lily's more involved in the conspiracy than she realizes....

joined Mar 9, 2024

Lily's more involved in the conspiracy than she realizes....

Read the light novel and holy shit...

To reply you must either login or sign up.