Forum › Don't Call It Yuri Fanservice! discussion

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

Joke's on the public, they aren't true yuri fans if they can't tell genuine feelings. If one truly loves love between girls, one would never call it fanservice!

145537335_456474152428619_7273272408325150170_n
joined Mar 13, 2020

This's why manga stories could never happen in real life

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

"The truth is, I Kanon, am the biggest baller idol in the world"

Avarta
joined Sep 11, 2016

This lean more toward harem than poly.

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

This is the single greatest thing i have ever seen. (slight exaggeration)

True, it does seem more like a harem.

joined Feb 24, 2019

This was really cute. Gotta love stories about happy relationships. Now if only we could get a sequel...

joined Apr 4, 2016

Joke's on the public, they aren't true yuri fans if they can't tell genuine feelings. If one truly loves love between girls, one would never call it fanservice!

Lol, exactly.

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Given it's (supposedly) part of a yuri idol anthology series a sequel will likely be made at some point in time, it's just a matter of waiting... I hope anyway.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

This was lovely!

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Why the Polyamory tag if it's clearly a Harem? Or does Dynasty treat the tag like it belongs to het romance only? I know poly has been popular lately (no idea why), but it's a pretty clear cut case of everyone being in love with Kanon.

Anyways what a fairy tale ending. I suppose if an idol group build a fanbase entirely on yuri "fanservice" that would be the only time idol otakus would ever accept this kind of outcome. Yuri manga sure are convenient hehe

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I don't like yuri polygamy stories, because the feel like cheap fan service.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

This is a very ironic post.

and wrong

last edited at Apr 24, 2020 1:29AM

joined Sep 1, 2017

Why the Polyamory tag if it's clearly a Harem? Or does Dynasty treat the tag like it belongs to het romance only? I know poly has been popular lately (no idea why), but it's a pretty clear cut case of everyone being in love with Kanon.

Isn't Harem just a specific case of Polygamy? Kind of like a square is a specific case of a rectangle. After all some sects of the church of Mormon practice polygamy which is just a man and his harem of "sister" wives.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Isn't Harem just a specific case of Polygamy? Kind of like a square is a specific case of a rectangle. After all some sects of the church of Mormon practice polygamy which is just a man and his harem of "sister" wives.

Of course from a certain point of view harems are polyamory (polygamy means marrying several partners btw, please remember the difference) by definition. But just like Yuri is just Romance by broad definition, sometimes it is appropiate to use more specific tags. If you have 3+ lovers that are not romantically involved with each other as well, the first thought that should come to mind is harem.

last edited at Apr 24, 2020 1:50AM

joined Sep 1, 2017

This is a very ironic post.

and wrong

(sigh) I get it. The title and the tags should have warned me away. But hay you never know what's really in a story until you read it. And it's not like I have a deep seeded hatred of Polygamy I just don't care for it much. The cheap fanservice crack might have been a cheap shot (get it) but a lot of times that's how it comes off to me. Speaking of irony I actually like this one because it lapshaded my feelings perfectly.

Edit I ment Polyamory not Polygamy better change it before BugDevil gives me detention. lol.

last edited at Apr 24, 2020 2:48AM

joined Sep 1, 2017

Of course from a certain point of view harems are polyamory (polygamy means marrying several partners btw, please remember the difference) by definition. But just like Yuri is just Romance by broad definition, sometimes it is appropiate to use more specific tags. If you have 3+ lovers that are not romantically involved with each other as well, the first thought that should come to mind is harem.

(grrrrrr)I You're always are so damn pedantic. I know the damn difference I just thought the tag was Polygamy . And yuri isn't all romance. That's ridiculous. We would get along better if you didn't try to lecture me like a school teacher.

Edit: Okay I might have been a tad pedantic myself with my original post. And I may have used polygamy and polyamory interchangeably. (I do know the difference. I sware. ) But in my defence I actually find this whole Harem vs. Polygamory debate academic. It's an eight page one shot. We don't get to see enough to really tell if their polyamorous relationship qualifies as harem or not.
Holy crap BugDevil I think I just beat myself in a debate for you. ( what did you think I was going to just admit you were right all along? You should know me better than that by now.).

last edited at Apr 24, 2020 5:25AM

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

This would be a big hit if it was a NSFW.... just sayin

joined Sep 6, 2018

That’s a pretty small subset when having both “harem” and “polyamory” tags on a single manga. So, from the way I interpret this foursome is there’s an alpha female and the lesser females, but all love each other the same... yup, quite the fantasy story here. Cute fantasy that won’t see the light of day.

Yet I admire Mira’s “Earth Girls” series. It’s fantasy too, still it has a hint of plausibility to it... especially when there are women-only houses/villages that exist today under exceptional conditions— but they don’t go anywhere near “The L Word”.

The manga isn’t the best, at least it got my brain cell thinking.

SeraphimofYuri
Download
joined Aug 25, 2019

The first Yuri Harem I've come across, and it's only a one shot. I'm saddened by this.

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

It's obviously a harem, but it's also a polyam relationship (albeit a very lopsided one) by virtue of the fact that they all consider themselves to be in a single relationship together. Compare that to a typical anime/manga "harem" situation in which the members are presented as either competing for their target's exclusive affection, or at least seeking it independent of one another.

joined Jan 21, 2020

Tbh i dont see how the other girl couldnt be in love with each other, it could just not be shown here since Kanon is the one in a dilemma so shes getting focused/comforted.

joined Jun 12, 2019

Oh what a dream.. is it bad I want my fav idols to be in a poly relationship like this? lol
Anyways we need more yuri harems. That’s the only kind of harems I’d read

last edited at Apr 24, 2020 4:33AM

Kosmonautkong2
joined Dec 14, 2014

Regardless of the technicalities, harem and poly as they're commonly understood are useful distinctions, and the tags should reflect that.

Shigure%20beach
joined Oct 18, 2017

i demand more cute, wholesome fluff like this!

joined Sep 1, 2017

Honestly I don't think of Harem as Polyamory When I think of harem manga I picture a group of suitors vying for the main character. Usually in the end only one of the suitors gets the boy or girl. For example Sword Art Online. Maybe they add the Polyamory to let people know it's not that kind of harem story.

last edited at Apr 24, 2020 5:44AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.