Forum › Pocha Climb! discussion

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

A shame but a good decision to respect the mangaka's wishes. Many thanks for your efforts. I guess I'll have to settle with buying raws of the volume releases until (hopefully) it gets licensed for an official English release.

joined Mar 8, 2019

That’s disappointing but understandable. Thanks for all your hard work.

So which publisher do we tweet for this beauty to get picked up?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Well, just had to wish it will be licensied.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I reached out to the mangaka directly and they voiced their dislike that an unofficial translation exists

I mean, shouldn't this be obvious for the majority of manga here with the exception of a few rare mangaka-approved doujin translations?

evildeadfan102
Anemone
joined Mar 26, 2020

awww noooo :(
This was my favourite yuri manga besides Bloom Into You.
I understand why but this is so sad.
I guess I will just have to wait and hope someone takes over or an official translation gets done.
Either way, it's going to be like a year or more now :(
And just when a new chapter came out and it got me all hyped up again :(

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Well, until either someone less caring for the author's opinion yet still good scanlator picks it up, or until a licensed official is out, I'll resort to checking raws and asking whoever can read Japanese for a short summary of each raw chapter I read.

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

unfortunate indeed, It's a really cute and enjoyable manga so hopefully either and official trqanslation or anime happen eventually then.
Have to wonder how much stuff here would have to stop their translations if everyone asked the authors in all cases

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Malibu posted:

I’m sad to say it but I’ll be dropping this series. I reached out to the mangaka directly

Not to be rude, but what exactly you hoped to achieve by that?

Zexalfan posted:

unfortunate indeed, It's a really cute and enjoyable manga so hopefully either and official trqanslation or anime happen eventually then.

Or different group picks it up.

Have to wonder how much stuff here would have to stop their translations if everyone asked the authors in all cases

Outside of few outliers, all of it honestly. Scanlating is illegal after all.

last edited at May 20, 2020 3:41PM

Malibu Uploader
Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

Malibu posted:

I’m sad to say it but I’ll be dropping this series. I reached out to the mangaka directly

Zexalfan posted:

I had a moment of moral clarity :) I didn’t think the mangaka would give me permission, rather reaching out was a form of closure for me in accepting that this (glorious work) is indeed not in the artist’s interest and therefore not in my interest.

A different group is free to pick this up if they want, but I would of course encourage them not to.

I wish the manga market wasn’t such a disjointed hellscape of unaggregated content, abnormally high prices outside of Japan, and plagued with stringent laws to stop good people like scanlators from localizing content free of charge. Fuck Copyright law.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Fuck Copyright law.

Pirate Parties are inviting you

anti-capitalists are inviting you

Well this ruined my good mood, I hope that it gets another translation in the near future (either another scanlation or an official translation)

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Fuck Copyright law.

Pulse%20pic%20cropped
joined Feb 10, 2020

I get this is their livelihood and do not want it given out for free, at the same time people enjoy things in different languages and a vast majority like myself cannot read this in its original form (even though i would love to be able to). As a result we depend on translators to help us out by translating and making it public for us to access; I am probably in the wrong for this, but if you want to prevent free usage of translated material, make it possible yourself or allow another way for it to be translated...We can't simply request sub titles for a book (which yes still takes people to do I know).

P.S. This is more me venting out of frustration of losing access to a good and cute story I wanted to continue...

last edited at May 22, 2020 7:46AM

deltahalo241
Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Well, at least the translation ended on something of an ending. Even if it isn't the official or intended one.

DragonSpartan90
joined Mar 7, 2020

That sucks but understandable. I try to support the authors as best I can but I only have so much money and can't do anything when the work in unavailable outside of Japan.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I wish the manga market wasn’t such a disjointed hellscape of unaggregated content, abnormally high prices outside of Japan, and plagued with stringent laws to stop good people like scanlators from localizing content free of charge. Fuck Copyright law.

I don't even have the courage to buy manga anymore here in Brazil (not to mention I have no job or income). Buying stuff raw or translated into other languages is even more pointless due to conversion rates. :(

last edited at Jun 5, 2020 1:35AM

MiskaRose-san
C5644df4-6640-46e8-a85c-f7d23678316d
joined Nov 11, 2018

Noooooooooo.. this my favorite n i waiting new chapter n want see them as lover... ughhh i kill myself.... worse... sigh.. thnx... guess..

Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

Malibu posted:

Zexalfan posted:

I had a moment of moral clarity :) I didn’t think the mangaka would give me permission, rather reaching out was a form of closure for me in accepting that this (glorious work) is indeed not in the artist’s interest and therefore not in my interest.

A different group is free to pick this up if they want, but I would of course encourage them not to.

Mintarou is pretty strict on that matter it seems, but I do think the same as Nevri. Unless the manga is free as a web-manga there's no point asking for that matter because Mintarou themselves know that It is licensed by Yurihime and if Mintarou agrees to have a scanlation of it, that would breach the author contract with Yurihime for allowing illegal translation even if it's not a Japanese translation.

I do respect the author's wish for it to be dropped but if I HAVE TO BE BOLDER about the FACT that scanlation does help the manga to get licensed by giving it the popularity author wanted. IF no one even paid attention to it, then few will even suggest it be licensed on a monthly basis survey.

I can read it on raw as usual, but this thing feels a waste if dropped. If i had time before this year's end and no one is picking it then I will pick it, but that's once I finished my College.

About the copyright law, it's like as I said. The author cannot agree on unofficial scanlation because YH copyright to publish it.

last edited at Jun 17, 2020 9:58PM

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Unfortunate but I hope it gets popular enough to get licensed in English.

last edited at Jul 9, 2020 12:46AM

joined Oct 22, 2018

That said, how far have the raws gone and where can I find them? Since there is gonna be no scanlation of this anymore, I might as well just browse the raws, even if I'll be unable to understand what's actually being said.

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

There is a scanlation of this being uploaded in mangadex btw.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Yep, i try to request it so maybe we will get it.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Yep, i try to request it so maybe we will get it.

Well... I guess I was reading HayaTera on Mangadex, so guess reading this there too wouldn't hurt

777matriarch777
joined Dec 6, 2019

It's a good job the rest of the scanlation teams working on yuri works didn't have a so called "moment of moral clarity" or else this site and sites like it would be barren and Yuri wouldn't be even 10% as popular as it has become now in the west. This is all well and good when a series gets licenced, by all means remove it then because that has a direct impact on the income of the author, but it's tough shit really if the author doesn't like it being released unofficially in English because it's not like anyone is going to rush out and buy the Japanese volumes if the English fan translation stops.

Good job the work continues on MangaDex, I love Dynasty but the fact that this can be labelled as dropped when it is in fact still being worked on by those of us that are apparently more "morally flexible" is a huge oversight, thank god for /u/ for alerting me that this was actually still being worked on.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I don't know if we will get back here but we got a start with wishiful thinking ? Flashforward ? Not sure but we got 3 pages of older bouldering members doing a trip to Yosemite and we got Tsugu saying that her and Aria are on their honeymoon. Then we got to normal time and the girls just bouldring outside. And the chapter end by a cliffhanger (ironic) after Aria said to Tsugu that she love her.

To reply you must either login or sign up.