Forum › Pocha Climb! discussion

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^ OK, now I really, like, really ought to check Mangadex already!

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Yeah i was going to put it. Series end in 2 chapter after Ch.10.Considering Ch.10 was last month then it end next month. As to why, it explain in the tweet just above but it's just that Vol.1 got poor sells.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Picked up again just in time to be axed. It's like getting a tender kiss followed by a punch to the nose.

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

This is why we can't have nice things. It was such a good fluff. Sad

joined Oct 22, 2018

I was about to stare blankly at the screen until I slowly eventually die, but the fact that I had been playing Humor Vault while reading all this helped me snap out of it.

WHY? HOW?

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

such a cute manga gone too soon.... wish the author the best in their next work, hopefully they do another yuri

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Tragic. Translation got dropped. Got picked up again then now it's axed. This manga can't catch a break.

joined Apr 30, 2020

Having caught up to the available scanlated chapters elsewhere. Very nice. Very wholesome. At least the ending is giving me happy fluff. Hoping for a kiss.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

RIP.

joined Apr 30, 2020

Well At least I got the kiss. Very scenic and beautiful too though personal preference would have been a zoom in on the kiss. Anyway obviously rushed but I do appreciate the confession and Tsugu realizing her feelings then another confession. Very cute and wholesome. I miss it already.

Rsz_wa
joined Sep 5, 2019

This was one of the better yuri mangas out there, why did it have to bite the dust

joined Oct 22, 2018

Dammit, while it is a happy and wholesome end and that kiss was great, I'm not effin' satisfied? Why did such a great manga need to get the axe?

Venting aside, anyone else reckon that the translator's cat also likes yuri?

A%20%20gallery_compress77
joined Jan 11, 2019

Its dropped??? Sad :(

joined Aug 8, 2020

Its dropped??? Sad :(

Yeah I'm super bummed, the next last three chapters (which you can find in certain other places) do feel just a little compacted, but then ending was handled well I think. I just wish it wasn't so soon. I guess I'll settle for Iwa-Kakeru to get my climbing girls fix but that's not even half as gay as this is. (yet! fingers crossed)[I am watching the anime btw no spoilers pls!]

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I guess I'll settle for Iwa-Kakeru to get my climbing girls fix but that's not even half as gay as this is.

Yeah... Every time I watch Iwa Kakeru!, I find myself thinking that it's nice, but no Pocha Climb!.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Didn't know the translation got continued, kinda sad it got axed

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Just finished reading this series, and while I'd already heard about Pocha Climb as that one bouldering manga that got axed, I still wasn't expecting to get this invested in a story that I knew would be incomplete. Seeing the chapters just... stop existing even as the story picks up steam was pretty painful, and I'm still rather baffled by why a series of this calibre couldn't find long term success. Was the subject matter too esoteric for a mainstream yuri magazine? Could it not compete with the various other climbing manga already out there? No matter how I look at it, the axe seems like a bolt from the blue, and all I can hope is that Mintaro gets another chance to display their talents.

Apparently, there seems to be an Extra Edition released in Japan that's generated a lot of buzz- I heard someone on Twitter describing it as a 'Bible' for fans of the series. I'm not sure if it fleshes out the story and gives us more content, or if it's just a flashy rerelease with extra art, though general discourse (as Google Translated by me from Japanese Twitter) seems to suggest the former. Hope someone picks it up if that really is the case.

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

Does this one got axed? But I read somewhere they even do the deed, Tsugu went abroad to study, Aira proposed and they got married I really thought that was one-shot and I discovered there was this series.

Aweida_compressed
joined Oct 17, 2020

I'm here so late, dang.

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

I still think about this series sometimes, the characters have a lot more life than probably 50% of the moe stuff that gets 30+ chapters so it pains me to see such a good series forced to end after barely one volume’s worth. The fact that it wasn’t just subtext either was really wonderful. Overall this series got absolutely cheated and I can’t wait to see more from this author.

I’m also curious about the extra edition mentioned by @Kirin, I’d love to see it someday.

joined Apr 6, 2021

Wow I just found this series and I can’t believe it got the axe. This was better than a lot of other yuri that I’ve read lately and the fluff was just amazing. Feels like WAY to many good series get the axe from Yuri Hime. Mintarou was absolutely robbed. With both this one and Hello Melancholic getting cancelled, I’m just left feeling down. I really hope Mintarou gets another serialization cause they definitely deserve it.

6631e8220bec2737023f64d8a2b36b99
joined Jul 20, 2020

THIS ENDED TOO SOON time to cry

last edited at Dec 27, 2021 1:50AM

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Dynasty disappoints again AND the series got stabbed too.

Tis the world we live in.

To reply you must either login or sign up.