Forum › Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story discussion

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I have not finished up chapter 9 yet so I had to miss the Last Magia event, boo..... I know who the new Meguca gorl is and all that but I'm sad I couldn't participate.

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Today I got Kako to magia level 5 and my Ashley's Doppel.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I will just go out and say right now, the current event makes the anger people felt towards Touka and Nemu in the wake of Last Magia/Chapter 10 come across as really myoptic in hindsight...

I loved the punishments they came up for themselves. It's a little horrifying actually how vulnerable something like "never use your ring or you die" and "using your ring causes pain" makes a magical girl. I mean how are they supposed to defend themselves from witches like that? They can't even collect grief seeds themselves anymore. And then the maximum penalty, I don't think anybody, no matter how much they hate Touka/Nemu could say that's not a fitting punishment. Although I imagine even more extreme people would think they should be tortured or something lol. But if anybody thinks that, you're a sadist and please no.

The writers have hit off every story beat perfectly from chapter 10 onwards. It makes me excited to see what the remaining events before arc 2 hits will be like.

I have not finished up chapter 9 yet so I had to miss the Last Magia event, boo..... I know who the new Meguca gorl is and all that but I'm sad I couldn't participate.

It's just a massive raid event in the end. A unique experience that builds up story suspense and community, but the event mechanics/wailing on Walpurgisnacht hundreds of times isn't much to write home about. The story will still be there for you to experience whenever you catch up.

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Nothing of the free roll or the support gacha today. I rolled twice on the Eternal Sakura gacha and got nothing. A single paid roll on Ashley's banner and got another slot for her. :)

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Iroha is so fun to play as. I never realized before because I immediately discarded her when I got Kyouko, oops. When she has Me x 4 and a hp regen memoria equipped, like Those Days Are Gone, plus Madokami's EX hp regen, she can take some pretty strong hits and go back to being at 100% health.

Got the event memoria, Even the Uwasa Know it, and it's adorable. Though RIP UI: "Ui is... a little dense sometimes..."

Edit: I can't believe it, another light unit from the anniversary premium fate weave pity. It's Kokoro so I can't be too mad. I'll finally be able to see her MSS and how she falls in love with Masara.

last edited at Jul 3, 2020 4:16AM

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Speaking of Masara, today I got her 3rd slot from the free premium rolls. No 4 star unit although I'm right now at 78/100 so there's enough free roll days to hit pity if I need to. I also got Felicia her 3rd slot.

Edit: I really don't want Eternal Sakura any more and will likely not roll on any future banners for her. During the current event she acts so unconcerned about about the sentences that she passes out. A monster like (whom seems no different than Kyubey) her without emotions should not be passing judgement on humans. It should be reserved for people. Also why is this an event and not part of the main story given the significant impact it has on several of the characters?

last edited at Jul 3, 2020 10:28AM

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

During the current event she acts so unconcerned about about the sentences that she passes out. A monster like (whom seems no different than Kyubey) her without emotions should not be passing judgement on humans. It should be reserved for people.

I assume you haven't finished the event story yet? That cold impartiality was deliberately programmed by Touka and Nemu as part of a convoluted attempt to find redemption through suicide by proxy. Sakura herself didn't want to kill them and was actually conflicted, but being a magical A.I. (much like Ai) she could only carry out her duty.

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Konomi now has her fourth slot. Hope to get a few more magical girls some slots before the event is over.

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

I assume you haven't finished the event story yet? That cold impartiality was deliberately programmed by Touka and Nemu as part of a convoluted attempt to find redemption through suicide by proxy. Sakura herself didn't want to kill them and was actually conflicted, but being a magical A.I. (much like Ai) she could only carry out her duty.

Not only that, but once the rules of the Uwasa are fulfilled and Sakurako is allowed to return to her senses, she is visibly upset with Touka and Nemu for forcing her to act that way, smacks both of them up the side of the head, and calls them out on using her for their own convenience, then thighly hug both of them(and Iroha and Ui) to show how happy she is that everything turned out okay, because tree AI loves her four moms.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Didn't expect to but I cried when Touka had her outburst about how everybody hates them. Nobody was as harsh on Touka and Nemu in MR as themselves and that really hit home. I thought the variety of survey responses was realistic too. Terrible things happened and many people have lost things but it's still fucked up to wish death on elementary schoolers, even if they are very smart.

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Today I got a second slot for my Sayaka I guess the game is telling me I should use her and level her up. :)

Edit: Here's a cute picture of Touka, Nemu, and Ui.

last edited at Jul 5, 2020 4:37PM

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

Today we got announcement on Ui's event, which is another Event AP/Double grind type event, so more Destiny Bottles for us to max out slots on people.

As a side note, since Aniplex Fest came and went with no game news, current speculation for YachIro is on Iroha's birthday, which in case anyone forgot, is on September 22nd.

These events are a bit annoying as I have barely anything left to grind

Like I have maxed out all the episode levels and almost maxed out all the magias

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

I already have all my 5-star girls at Magia level 5, but I will have plenty of 4-star girls to max out, as long as I have magia levels to increase I still have more things to farm...

Though I admit that I would much prefer if Spirit Enhancement released sooner in NA so that I could go back to farming stuff for the girls I actually use most.

I have 11 girls at magia level 3 and 10 girls at magia level 4, I should be able to grind all the resources needed to get them all to level 5 this month (for context I have 44 girls with level 5 magias)

The CC will be an issue, I have 7.1 million out of the needed 24.3 million

last edited at Jul 6, 2020 9:19PM by

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

I though I had a lot of magical girls with magia level 5, but you've beat me by a fair amount here.

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

44 sounded like a lot, then I decided to actually count how many Magia 5 girls I have, and turns out I am at 42... though one of them IS Kuro.

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Oh great yet another double grind event. It looks like I'm doing the minimum required again.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

How long have you guys been playing? It's taken me two months-ish of active playing / event grinding to get a grand total of five magia lvl 5 girls, so context would be helpful so I can know when there's potential to be just as badass. XD

After the last event, I had enough destiny bottles to 4s Kaede, first 4s besides Iroha so that was cool. But after finding out how low the conversion rate from destiny gems -> magia chips is, I'm going to stick to spending destiny bottles on 2s/3s in the future so I don't waste any gacha obtained destiny gems. F2P lyfe ftw.

Since I blew 100 rolls on the Ashley gacha without getting her, I'm glad the IroYachi gacha isn't arriving yet.

Fledgling event: It's great they made a test for magical girls and are starting to formalize training, but clearly Ui is a test run if they hadn't even decided how much support would be provided. I liked those deliberations. Quite realistic from my experience.

I'm really enjoying Felicia and Tsuruno's interactions. Tsuruno chasing after her like she's a misbehaving puppy or something is adorable.

last edited at Jul 7, 2020 11:26PM

I started 07/20/19 (u can look at the date u got Iroha to see when u started)

There is no rush to get your girls to magia level 5, I am only doing it as I have nothing else to do.

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

For me I tend to only level the magia of the characters I like and/or use a lot (although Rika is still hanging at magia level 4). Others tend to be low or not leveled at all.

last edited at Jul 8, 2020 12:33AM

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

How long have you guys been playing?

Since day 2, so 06/26/2019, though I got that many done by just setting up goals for myself, first rule is that I must get every Doppel/Magia 2 available to me, so all my 5-star-able girls must be Magia 5, then a few girls that I just like/use a lot like Rika and Kanoko, then all girls that I know will get 5-star uncaps like Meru, Tsukasa and Emiri, then all welfares, and so on, at some point it just starts to build up...

Though I absoultely refuse to level up the gremlin, the only levels she will ever get are the levels from getting her episode level to 5 for the gem rewards, not one bit else.

And about the event, while I want to wait for the timelock to comment on it in full, some of the lines so far actually get to me, in particular I bust out laughing over this line from Tsuruno, it just caught me completely off-guard... Tsuruno's unexpectedly mature(by Tsuruno standards) response of "just trying to break the awkward silence" is just the icing on the cake...

last edited at Jul 8, 2020 6:24AM

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

Though I absoultely refuse to level up the gremlin, the only levels she will ever get are the levels from getting her episode level to 5 for the gem rewards, not one bit else.

Even after she gets her unlock and doppel?

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

DId I stutter?

Gremlin is just bad, even after receiving her 5-star uncap, and has the worst Connect in the game that actually punishes you more than benefits, the Atk Down is specially bad because the nature of the Connect mechanic forces you to use at least one attack of the girl receiving the Connect, the only character who benefits from it at all is Himika and only because she gets net positive bonuses out of it, but even then there are better way of supporting Himika.

I normally don't harp on gameplay aspects that much, but as a pure gag character, the gremlin has no character to focus on in first place, and the humor style for MagiRepo isn't my style in first place(Veranda of Madoka was better), I only half-keep up with it to understand the memes that come up in fanart.

last edited at Jul 8, 2020 3:31PM

Well you want as many Doppels as you can get for accomplish events (where the HP and MP carries over after the battle)

To reply you must either login or sign up.