Forum › Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story discussion

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Well I now have maxed out my Onward to the Light! memoria. Have gotten Kokoro's doppel making it my ninth doppel soon to be tenth once Ashley's doppel releases. I'm now working on getting normal Madoka's doppel.

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

For what is worth, not only Sakurako being limited means her banner is more likely to have a rerun(tons of Unlimited units never got a second rate up after their release, which actually made them harder to get on average), we also know we have a second Sakurako-centered event later on, which guarantees her to have a second rate up.

But yes, Sakurako at this point was fully expected, if anything I only expected her after Anni stuff was done and over with, but that's NA Tempo for ya, it's an unspeakable eldritch being on a good day...

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

You're not actually defending them for the rushed schedule are you?

I'm putting in a minimum amount of work for the current event since it's not that much fun for me. Also an interesting thing is that voices (same thing with movies/videos) are used during the event even if they have been disabled via settings. I've had to mute the voices until the bug gets fixed so the event data taxes up less room on my phone.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I got my first Ryo Midori copy in the free 10 roll today

Got my first copy of her recently too, though from the Madokami fate weave. Also finally got some of the base 3* girls I was missing, specifically Ria and Ayaka.

I'm pretty curious as to how the Eternal Sakura Rumor will be worked into the story seemingly as a normal (magical) girl now. And is there any special reason to get her, meta-wise? She seems like a good unit but nothing meta-breaking.

Still sad waiting for YachiIro unit to appear at some point. I'm tempted to put in a few rolls for Ashley since I don't have her, but unless YachiIro wasn't appearing for another two months, I don't think I'd have the rolls to spare.

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

You're not actually defending them for the rushed schedule are you?

I am not defending them as much as acknowledging this is the NA reality, it has been like this since launch, and I just grown to accept this is what it is because they are really not going to back down from it, I was just giving you information why it coming a bit sooner than you expected isn't reason to lose it or anything...

And is there any special reason to get her, meta-wise?

She has a large focus on Defense Pierce once she gets her Spirit Enhancement but nothing besides that, she is just a neat character to have.

For a non-meta reason, her personal story reveals some really interesting details about the nature of Uwasa, but you will be able to find that on YT in due time.

last edited at Jun 26, 2020 5:43PM

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

I'm not losing it or anything it's just NA's unpredictable schedule (unlike Fate/Grand Order where it's easy to see what events will be happening when) makes saving up or rolling on anything uncertain.

There's also the fact that eventually there will be no new content to translate. At which point what will the NA team do? Make new content just to keep having something to do? Shut down the server? Rerun an old event? Something else?

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

At that point I imagine that we will keep the same schedule as JP, just maybe a week or two behind, part of the thing with NA Tempo is that it will inevitably calm down, the point of it is to catch up to JP, after all.

Personally I am not much affected, I have less time to save but I can deal, but since I prefer to max out fewer girls than to have variety, I wouldn't have rolled in most banners anyway.

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

I wonder if they're ever going to do the Madogatari event though? That one has a free welfare unit in it that looks pretty good...

With my new 4⭐characters: Sayaka, Konoha, Momoko, and Touka along with my existing cast I really don't need any new units for a while... although I will keep rolling on the free premium banner every day because it gives me the chance to get Rena, Nemu, Tsukuyo, Riko, 2S Madoka, 3S Mifuyu...

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

For a non-meta reason, her personal story reveals some really interesting details about the nature of Uwasa, but you will be able to find that on YT in due time.

Yeah I figured her story might be interesting due to her being a Uwasa. If I had throwaway rolls I would have spent them on her just for that, but I don't, so oh well.

This probably doesn't apply to most of you anymore, but for anybody it does, the Last Magia event provides relatively decent episode story points. 100 or 150 (if set as leader) every battle. Probably won't be able to max out Madokami's episode levels unless I fight another 310 times, but much faster than it would normally have been.

I'm putting in a minimum amount of work for the current event since it's not that much fun for me.

It is indeed very grind-heavy. I think everybody's feeling it since the rate at which Walpurgisnacht's raid health is decreasing has definitely slowed since yesterday. I really love the story though. And how the individual Walpurgisnacht battle is set up, with her flying in the sky when you're planning and her witch head being this massive, eyeless abomination that we attack and are attacked by. I just can't get over how she's upside down, it's counter to everything we'd usually expect in a boss.

last edited at Jun 26, 2020 8:10PM

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

I think everybody's feeling it since the rate at which Walpurgisnacht's raid health is decreasing has definitely slowed since yesterday.

About that... there is some pretty valid speculation that the devs are messing with the kill rate behind the scenes, to give everyone a fair chance at the event, which would certainly explain the massive dip in kill speed we had since yesterday.

Personally I did something like over 200 kills on Dark Walpurgis alone, and I am at around 530 in the event as a whole, right now I am taking a break so that I don't burn myself out, since I do want to give Void Walpurgis(the last one) some punishment as well.

last edited at Jun 26, 2020 9:26PM

It seems like the raid is going faster rn so I will be upping my grind speed (I think they increased the total damage per kill)

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

I wonder if they're ever going to do the Madogatari event though? That one has a free welfare unit in it that looks pretty good...

Apparently they never even appeared on the farther-along Taiwanese server, so we can safely assume they're not happening.

The speed seems the as it was near the start of the event so that means the devs removed the limiter (or lessened it)

So we need to make the most of it and crush this Dark-type Walpurgisnacht ASAP

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Apparently they never even appeared on the farther-along Taiwanese server, so we can safely assume they're not happening.

I figured as much by now. Too bad I was sort of looking forward to that event. Now hopefully Spirit Enhancement will be added soon-ish to the NA server.

Edit: How does everyone have the real life stamina to fight Walpurgisnacht so many times? This event is not really conductive to using auto-battle on so even though I have the stamina potions, I don't have the energy or motivation to kill the same boss tons of times.

last edited at Jun 27, 2020 12:04AM

I am used to autoing Magia Record while doing other stuff, this is nothing for me

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

This event is not really conductive to using auto-battle

It really is though, I was literally playing Persona 4 Golden the entire day while keeping MagiReco on the corner of my eye, Walpurgis can easily be auto'd with a high level, well slotted meguca+support.

Nanaka in particular is being used a lot due to being able to take her out in one turn as long as she gets a Blast Puella Combo with good Memoria selection, which is far easier than it sounds since Dark Walpurgis will hit one of your girls with Bind every turn, so if you only have two girls and both are Nanaka, you are guaranteed to get a Blast Puella combo on turn 2, it is kinda funny too, people were talking about how the bind would be frustrating to deal with, but by now we embraced the Bind and have made it part of our strategy.

last edited at Jun 27, 2020 12:20AM

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Forgot if I mentioned it before but, tan0's really got me into the Yachiyo/Tsuruno ship. Their recent picture was of Yachiyo sleeping on Tsuruno's lap while Tsuruno was blushing. I need to find some fanfics for this ship.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I think everybody's feeling it since the rate at which Walpurgisnacht's raid health is decreasing has definitely slowed since yesterday.

About that... there is some pretty valid speculation that the devs are messing with the kill rate behind the scenes, to give everyone a fair chance at the event, which would certainly explain the massive dip in kill speed we had since yesterday.

Oh funny, I was actually thinking I was glad they made each individual battle have a set amount of HP instead of pure damage based, because stronger players would definitely decimate a raid boss with one HP bar. Guess even that wasn't enough to slow things down. It's awesome to see those stats but where did they pull them from? Is it publicly available somewhere?

Does anybody know what Walpy's throwing at us with her magia attack? It's too blurred to certainly make out, so can't tell if it's a truck, one of those cargo containers, a train, building, all of the above, or what.

Another comment on it, because I love this music and music in general so much, the myriad of new tracks they composed just for this event are awesome. Right now in particular the Sis Puella Magica remix (after beating dark Walpurgisnacht) stands out.

Story edit: "No matter what happens, I want you to be the one I entrust my own hope to, Iroha." Frantic internal shipping screaming.

last edited at Jun 27, 2020 2:44AM

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

Well, today started with an interesting development... I was pretty far from pity too, so this is very welcome, fitting too, since a character we believe to be her previously mentioned younger sister will be introduced soon in JP...

Oh funny, I was actually thinking I was glad they made each individual battle have a set amount of HP instead of pure damage based, because stronger players would definitely decimate a raid boss with one HP bar.

The way it is supposed to work is that each 1 point of HP on the global HP bar is one fight, meaning 1 global HP represents 1 million "normal" HP(for Void Walpurgis, she had lower HP in the other elements), people were still burning through that ridiculously fast, since the fights are so easy to handle and there is actually plenty of good stuff to farm from the shop.

It's awesome to see those stats but where did they pull them from? Is it publicly available somewhere?

Through observation, those are not internal stats but rather checking on the game itself every set amount of time and cataloguing the results, anyone could've done that but it requires a certain level of diligence to consistently grab the stats.

Does anybody know what Walpy's throwing at us with her magia attack?

I feel it is clear it is a building, you can sorta see the windows, but I have only seen it once or twice due to doing this mostly on Auto and rarely even looking down at the screen...

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

I'm pretty sure it's an office building like she used against Homura during the episode 10 of the original anime. Anyway no new 4⭐ (or dupes for slots) characters today. I did get 2 Manakas and another dark unit... however it wasn't enough to get another slot for either.

Edit: I just realized I've been neglecting the Another Story section of the game. I'm only up to chapter 4 in that... going to have to work on it today.

last edited at Jun 27, 2020 10:17AM

I got a second Mayu slot, it is a bit annoying but it was at like 20/100 so it wasn't really a loss

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

I wouldn't mind a second slot on my Mayu, or Alina, or Ren, or a third slot on my Karin, or Rena... I like slotting up characters, you really get to feel the difference.

Also I got the Silver pack, and the random 4-star ticket gave me Mami... who is my least favorite of the holy quintet... I was only missing her and Kyoko and I would sooner have got Kyoko first...

Either way, I am tapped out on Last Magia, I done all I can, here's my mostly final tally, just add a +1 to the Void one for the final battle and it will be my true final tally...

last edited at Jun 27, 2020 12:18PM

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I've cleared the shop of everything in limited stock. Then I started buying orbs and books to prepare for the awakening of whatever other random characters I don't use much currently. I thought I had more than enough event currency left but once again I've underestimated how resource intensive multiple characters get, even if they're all 2*s.

Eh I'm pretty drained for Last Magia. Glad it's only four days long. It's meta how they're making us work for the happy ending though I'm sure that wasn't their main intention.

I do like getting more slots but not when its someone I never use like Mayu (I would love to get my fourth Kyoko slot etc)

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Mayu's one of my most used water units. Her connect really helps me out a lot. Accel MP up, flat MP gain, and a damage increase. Her magia (and doppel) also give everyone MP regen for three turns.

To reply you must either login or sign up.