Forum › Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story discussion

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Ah Accomplish events those are even worse than the double grind events as characters never heal on their own even after the daily reset leading to it often being either too hard or too easy if you can spam magia and destroy bosses/enemies.

That's easy to bypass, just kill all your girls before you log out and they will all be at full health after 3 hours

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

Well you want as many Doppels as you can get for accomplish events (where the HP and MP carries over after the battle)

I have plenty of options for Light AoE Doppels, Madoka, Madokami, Oriko, Iroha, and soon enough once her 5* drops, Tsukasa, all at 4 slots, I don't need one of the worst units in the game just to fill the ranks.

It's not like I struggle with that type of event either, last one took me a little over 24 hours only to clear.

Ah Accomplish events those are even worse than the double grind events as characters never heal on their own even after the daily reset

You don't know the tech? you can force your girls into cooldown by putting them into a team, going into a fight, and immediately surrendering, this will put them on cooldown as if they were taken out in battle, meaning they will be fully healed once their cooldown ends, allowing you to have unlimited heals instead of just 10 per day.

To top it off, usually there is no issue with just forcing everyone who isn't at max HP into cooldown if you know you won't play for a few hours, just this little tech makes the type of event much easier and much more manageable, and you will never be in that awkward position where a girl has like double digit HP left and will be immediately taken out, I end up either not using the instaheals at all, or only using them if I am being impatient.

last edited at Jul 8, 2020 9:32PM

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

That's easy to bypass, just kill all your girls before you log out and they will all be at full health after 3 hours

That would've been useful to know the last time there was one. I guess the next time will (hopefully) be easier).

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

You don't know the tech? you can force your girls into cooldown by putting them into a team, going into a fight, and immediately surrendering, this will put them on cooldown as if they were taken out in battle, meaning they will be fully healed once their cooldown ends, allowing you to have unlimited heals instead of just 10 per day.

I didn't realize surrendering would take them out too. Well not like I could have done much with that info either way last time with zero doppels.

Unrelated to any recent events, but I got Oriko in one of the anniversary 10-pulls and I was sort of annoyed that she was one of the characters with doppel quests. Never read the spin-off and I only knew her as being a "bad" unit so was impatiently grinding for episode xp so I could throw her aside as soon as possible. I sort of regret my attitude now (nevermind that she's a 2D fictional character) because her episode story was really sweet and concisely showed her personality and relationship with Kirika. I like her a lot more currently.

last edited at Jul 9, 2020 5:11PM

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

Oriko is an interesting character, it should be fairly obvious, but Oriko and Kirika are designed as more extreme/edgier versions of Madoka and Homura, in particular at the core of their respective motivations, as well as being deliberate attempts at creating very morally grey characters, it is very open to debate how successful they are at it, but if nothing else, Oriko serves as an interesting example of someone who, like Madoka, has a very low/near inexistent sense of self-worth and desires nothing more than finding a purpose to herself, but lacks Madoka's sense of kindness...

Frankly, Oriko's main flaw is her huge sense of paranoia, it leads her to being overly reliant on her visions despite her admitting that they are unreliable, inconsistent, and often incomplete, if she had a bigger network to draw info from and be able to better interpretate her visions, instead of limiting herself to trusting only Kirika, she'd be both more efficient and less prone to collateral damage, and as much as Kirika loves Oriko, she is both dumb as a brick, and sycophantic to a fault.

I didn't realize surrendering would take them out too.

I only found out by accident when I went into a node with the wrong team, instinctively backed out, and saw that entire team put into CD, I find it far more practical than playing out the fight until your team gets taken out since it saves a fair amount of time, specially if you have 15+ girls to put on CD.

last edited at Jul 10, 2020 8:53AM

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Not sure it's really a spoiler of not but Mikage Yakumo (Mitama's little sister) and Nayuta Satomi (Touka's cousin) really look interesting. I've heard that Mikage was mentioned in Mitama's side story, but only ha recently in the story. Not too sure about Nayuta though.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Not sure it's really a spoiler of not but Mikage Yakumo (Mitama's little sister)

Mitama has a sister? What.

Oriko and Kirika are designed as more extreme/edgier versions of Madoka and Homura

Yeah it's interesting, their actions are oriented towards the respective person's goals, but their personalities are 'switched' in terms of pure introversion/extroversion. Oriko is continuously doing the same thing with limited info and something always goes wrong, while Kirika has more of the childishness and innocence. At least based on the limited amount I saw of them in Oriko's episode story.

I wish so much that MR had an auto-repeat feature in addition to an auto function. Using up all AP pots is impossible without superhuman endurance, since the most AP that can be spent at once is 30.

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Yeah she does. I only found out about Mikage when I was looking through 4chan /u/ board thread about Madoka (and Magia Record). Here's a picture of her. Am linking not inlining since the image is quite big pixel-wise.

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

Mikage also caught me off-guard, she is very much a mini Mitama even in personality, though much younger, and everyone put together she was Mitama's sister just by looking at her, we aren't confirmed her age, but she is best friends with Sudachi of the adjusters, who we know to be an elementary schooler(so 11-ish), so Mikage is expected to be about the same age.

Here's Mikage's untransformed look, as well as the full art of the memoria of her hanging out with Sudachi

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Speaking of Sudachi I've heard that she only makes unintelligible noises instead of speaking using words. A poster on the wiki thought that she might be an assault victim, although not having seen the chapter where she appears in yet I can't really confirm or deny this speculation. Although it's also possible she just is uncomfortable speaking around people she doesn't know either like some real life people do.

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

Speaking of Sudachi I've heard that she only makes unintelligible noises instead of speaking using words. A poster on the wiki thought that she might be an assault victim, although not having seen the chapter where she appears in yet I can't really confirm or deny this speculation.

Oh no, we know the full story with her now, she has aphasia and is unable to speak properly, only mumble, she can use telepathy just fine like all meguca, but she also refuses to speak to anyone but the people she trusts the most, this only applies to Yozuru, whom she views as an older sister, and Mikage, who is her best friend, this does not include Livia however, but not because she doesn't trust Livia, rather because she feels Livia already does so much for her, that she doesn't want risk her insecurities leak through her telepathy and worry Livia, this ultimately requires Yozuru or Mikage to accompany her any time she needs to talk to other people as they serve as her translators.

Her backstory is instead that she is a school shooting survivor, like all adjusters, she has made a negative wish, and for her, her wish was "Save only me" during said shooting, with the implication that she wanted everyone else to die, thus defining this wish as a negative wish, her Personal Memoria even depicts the aftermath of said shooting, this wish and the implication it carries has led people to speculate she was a victim of bullying, likely due to her condition making her unable to speak, and had grown too resentful to even consider saving the others.

last edited at Jul 12, 2020 10:58AM

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Oh wow this is a lot of arc 2 stuff, I'm going to try to avoid reading any of it. Spoiler bars would be nice too.

Finished Ui's event story, interesting how it doubles as a doppel story too. More conflicted on how I feel about this one especially compared to Eternal Sakura's. It was more of a mess and I don't think its core themes carried through as well.

I wish they'd treated Felicia's feelings more seriously and with more sympathy, since if they're going to hammer how hard they're kids in, well, she's a kid too. Although she admittedly acts younger than her age so my answer is biased by how I keep thinking she's an elementary schooler LOL. Having just looked up the wiki and found out she's 13, I guess their response makes more sense now. Though there's still an argument for having handled her slightly differently.

It's amazing how the Momoko Trio has just been added to the Mikazuki Villa family.

EX Challenge 4 was already sort of difficult, EX Challenge 5 is even worse. I'm guessing double Madokami + anti-curse memoria will make it go much easier, and then it's just magia spamming from there. Maxed out 4s dark/light blast gorilla too should make short work of them too. I'm attached to healing / magia builds now though so will try those first.

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

Oh wow this is a lot of arc 2 stuff, I'm going to try to avoid reading any of it. Spoiler bars would be nice too.

All I mentioned about Sudachi is pure character stuff, covered all in her Personal story or her training event story, so I didn't think there would be much issue to talk about it in the open... I apologize if you feel otherwise.

I wish they'd treated Felicia's feelings more seriously and with more sympathy, since if they're going to hammer how hard they're kids in, well, she's a kid too. Although she admittedly acts younger than her age so my answer is biased by how I keep thinking she's an elementary schooler LOL. Having just looked up the wiki and found out she's 13, I guess their response makes more sense now. Though there's still an argument for having handled her slightly differently.

I feel a point this event doesn't particularly take in account is that as someone who lost her parents at a very young age and in a particularly harsh manner(both what she thinks happened, and what actually happened), Felicia definitely has abandonment issues that don't normally come up, which are at the core of her behavior in this event, she isn't just jealous of Ui, she is fearing that Ui is replace her and that she will lose her place in the family.

On the other hand, I also feel that this all happened very fast, over the course of an afternoon, and the main issue(Felicia's resentment of Ui) was solved by the end of it thanks to some good ol' battle bonding, the situation never got to the point where it was a really serious issue.

Also yes, Felicia, Kako and Ayame's little group stand out as being all 13 and being close friends, I actually seen people refer to their group as "Organization XIII" as a pun...

EX Challenge 4 was already sort of difficult, EX Challenge 5 is even worse. I'm guessing double Madokami + anti-curse memoria will make it go much easier, and then it's just magia spamming from there. Maxed out 4s dark/light blast gorilla too should make short work of them too.

EX 5 isn't awful compared to some other challenges we had, if anything it is far easier than the EX 5 from Sayuki's event, I was actually able to clear it just fine with good ol' Double Doka, but that was just my personal path of least resistance, I didn't really want to think here.

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Regarding Sudachi I'm assuming that in the following chapters that she'll start to slowly open up to people other than her initial group... maybe not every magical girl that we know of but likely the more friendly and less intimidating ones like Iroha, Ui, Madoka, Rika, Riko, maybe Mitama, probably others too. More "scary" ones like Felicia, Yachiyo, Kanagi, Touka (when she's acting all high and mighty), and other might take more effort on either Sudachi's part of the other person's, but it isn't impossible either.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

All I mentioned about Sudachi is pure character stuff, covered all in her Personal story or her training event story, so I didn't think there would be much issue to talk about it in the open... I apologize if you feel otherwise.

Oh no I just personally consider all non-NA released stuff as spoilers. So I guess technically it's not arc 2, but it is non-NA released stuff.

I feel a point this event doesn't particularly take in account is that as someone who lost her parents at a very young age and in a particularly harsh manner(both what she thinks happened, and what actually happened), Felicia definitely has abandonment issues that don't normally come up, which are at the core of her behavior in this event, she isn't just jealous of Ui, she is fearing that Ui is replace her and that she will lose her place in the family.

Agreed, a large part of why I wish they'd handled her with a bit more sympathy than just "tantrum-throwing, jealous young kid".

EX 5 isn't awful compared to some other challenges we had, if anything it is far easier than the EX 5 from Sayuki's event, I was actually able to clear it just fine with good ol' Double Doka, but that was just my personal path of least resistance, I didn't really want to think here.

Weird I don't remember that one being particularly hard. I think I used Ashley whale supports and after one or two tries they went down. This one seemed a bit harder because there were so many of them and Sana got annoying a few times. She wouldn't let me kill Ui. XD Did clear it with an attack-memoria based 4s support Madokami. But I also got lucky with crits and none of my girls died before I got rid of Ui, which they had in other runs.

last edited at Jul 13, 2020 6:51PM

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

How unsurprising yet another limited fate weave again this time with the Amane sisters in it. At this point I'm not sure if I will ever bother rolling in any more fate weaves in this game.

You have to save up for the girls you want the most, it's impossible to get everyone as F2P (unless you have godly luck)

A bit unrelated but I want to rant, my luck has been really bad recently. Rhyton Ribbon has a 20% drop rate but I haven't got a single one after hours of grinding.

I have also gotten about 5 Owl Buckets despite the drop rate being 10%, I hate how annoying it is to grind items in this game.

I have gotten another 3 Owl Buckets already, and still 0 Rhyton Ribbons :(

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Personally I'm fine with it because any other fate weave means more time until IroYachi. And it'll be nice to see Alina again in the event. Though I'm still salty Ashley fate weave led me to use up 100 rolls.

Yeah drops are a pain sometimes.

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

You have to save up for the girls you want the most, it's impossible to get everyone as F2P (unless you have godly luck)

It's advisable to roll only when you can reach pity. It's a hassle, but luck can only get you so far. And the rate up might not be a lie, but 60% is not all that impressive anyway.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Another double grind event. This event had to have even more things to grind for too, with the Tsukasa welfare and tickets. And why are the shop prices higher? With reduced event time? I'm not sure I'm going to MLB my event memoria this time.

What do you guys think for how much you'll do for this? Bare minimum maybe? Even for the last event I was too busy to hit the 2000 event currency guidepost.

It also dumbfounds me that one of the supports I've been following has maxed out event unit and limited memoria three events in a row. Including this one, where it's only been a day and event memoria is maxed already. Can't comprehend how many rolls they must have stockpiled or how many rolls they've brought.

Edit: Bare min for me will be the memoria, Tsukasa gem, background, and ticket; story clear; challenge + EX clear; and that's it. 1000 event currency would be bonus if I have the time.

last edited at Jul 15, 2020 5:19PM

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

Apparently it was expensive in JP as well, though they had eleven days to deal with it instead of the six we've been given. Not sure how far I'll get in the shop, but I've gotten stuffed to the brim the bonus drop memoria from rolling for the Amanes, so I'll probably be doing quite a bit of farming just to get rid of all the coral.

I do agree we need something other than double grind next, even if it's an excuse to grin my girls' episode levels.

An update on my magia levels:

All my girls are magia level 4 or 5 now, 20 are at level 4 and 45 are at level 5

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Rena and Kaede's new duo unit in JP sure looks pretty cute. I might spend a few rolls on it when it comes to NA. Although I'd rather have a Yachiyo/Mifuyu or Alina/Karin duo unit instead.

To reply you must either login or sign up.