Forum › Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story discussion

I mainly use double Ashley or double Darc

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

I guess you like blast teams then? I tend to like Magia and accel focused teams including Mifuyu, Rena, Rika, Mayu, Madoka... over blast teams for most PVE content.

Blast is faster and easier to auto (well I do bring in some accele gorrilas when I want to Doppel nuke a boss)

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

Homura basically does 99% of everything I need done these days, it is extremely practical to let her sort things out, she is usually very efficient...

Also, while I complained of Mami over Kyoko earlier, she has allowed me to do the final fight against Walpurgis in the most correct way possible, so I guess I can't truly complain in the end... if only I had the Rorbs for her though... Mitama coming earlier in the day today took my last 3, since I had been slotting them for final buffs recently...

Anyway, my true final tally, over 700 kills in all, I am happy with what I've done, plus I got a ton of books out of this.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Also, while I complained of Mami over Kyoko earlier, she has allowed me to do the final fight against Walpurgis in the most correct way possible, so I guess I can't truly complain in the end...

Perfect, no better ending.

That epilogue though, plus credits. So many great elements to it. And it did end up addressing some questions, like why Ui showed up in front of Homura even if it didn't bother answering them. It did ignore Alina though which was sad. And the player self-insert has found its way back, who knows how.

I can't wait for the IroYachi unit event to come out. I didn't know there was an event for it until now and since it wasn't shown here, I really want to see what leads to those wings appearing.

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

I really like the part where they left a whole ton of untranslated credits in the game. Also made it so none of the credits were skippable. /s

Admittedly I didn't like the event as you can't take your time unlike every other event in the game. Thankfully there's not too many raid events in this game. The next event I'm hoping to put more effort into- although no promises since I have to work on the next singularity. Most of my time the last few days was spent power leveling my servants in Fate/Grand Order (which doesn't have any auto-battle function).

I think the untranslated credits were the exact same as the translated ones

Also, I think its a bit rude to skip credits as those are the people who made the thing you are playing for free

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Do you actually read the credits though? The ones in this game scrolled so fast and the font was so small and blurred I couldn't read them even if I wanted to.

They weren't blurred for me, I read them and recognized a few names (but my memory is really bad so I can't really remember any names, I think I saw Sally Amaki)

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Maybe it was just the poor lighting in my house or me trying to read them late at night or something. Anyway It's been a long journey (not as long for me as some people) getting to the end but it's been an exciting one. Am looking forward to seeing what future events and main story segments will bring.

last edited at Jun 28, 2020 12:06AM

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

I personally was not reading the credits, but I was reading the text messages from the other girls to Iroha that were playing alongside the credits, they were really adorable and fun to read, and I frankly didn't even notice how long it took to get to the end.

Also one extra detail from the finale: we get Madokami's main motivation for helping, and it is basically "I am just gonna ship my alt universe self with my alt universe girlfriend", which is amusing and adorable in its own right... and shows that even god is on board with MadoHomu.

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Ultimate Madoka knows what the most important thing is... keeping Homura happy with her girlfriend/wife Madoka.

I hope we get the Mitama's stamp card soon. The second card comes with a free Moemura on it meaning 500 less magia chips are needed to max her out.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I hope we get the Mitama's stamp card soon. The second card comes with a free Moemura on it meaning 500 less magia chips are needed to max her out.

What's a stamp card. And I need that free Moemura, I really don't want to slowly accumulate 700+ magia chips to max her slots.

I could read the credits though they really were too small and blurry for a phone screen. They could have enlarged them by 3x and it would have fit on the screen.

I was reading the text messages from the other girls to Iroha that were playing alongside the credits, they were really adorable and fun to read, and I frankly didn't even notice how long it took to get to the end.

Yeah the text messages were one of the best parts. Masara's no profile pic + "Kokoro told me to message you" has already gotten a lot of attention elsewhere, but basically every single text was a hilarious to-the-point encapsulation of the girl.

Also one extra detail from the finale: we get Madokami's main motivation for helping, and it is basically "I am just gonna ship my alt universe self with my alt universe girlfriend", which is amusing and adorable in its own right... and shows that even god is on board with MadoHomu.

I'm not surprised, I mean of course she would want herself and some version of Homura to be happy.

They really outdid themselves with this story. There were some flaws and hiccups but the overall arc has been brilliant. I loved how firmly they stuck to the idea of an universe where magical girls could actually be happy. They still had to work for it, which was what the entirety of chapter 10 / raid / story was hammering in, and that made the pay-off spectacular. Still, I wished Mokyu had stayed irrelevant. That was its only charm to me and I couldn't have cared less that it sacrificed itself, although I have to grudgingly admit Iroha being so attached to it and happy to see it makes the deus ex machina more forgivable.

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

Stamp cards are a series of beginner missions designed to give starting players resources and create a more obvious "content path" for them, as well as forcing them to take certain actions at least once to serve as tutorials, they include stuff like getting a free copy of Yachiyo/Tsuruno/Felicia/Sana for completing chapters 2/3/4/5, so that you are guaranteed to have Iroha's full team without touching the gacha, and are put into a 3x3 grid where completing all 9 missions completes the "card" and gives you an extra reward, before moving onto the next one.

Do keep in mind they will be available to all players once they are released, regardless how long you been playing, so we still get all rewards from it regardless.

last edited at Jun 28, 2020 12:18PM

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

No new 4⭐ units (or dupes) again today. I did get another Tsuruno and Rika (which are already max slotted) and a copy of a 4⭐ Iroha memoria. Support point gacha was also a bust and got nothing good there either.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Stamp cards are a series of beginner missions designed to give starting players resources and create a more obvious "content path" for them, as well as forcing them to take certain actions at least once to serve as tutorials, they include stuff like getting a free copy of Yachiyo/Tsuruno/Felicia/Sana for completing chapters 2/3/4/5, so that you are guaranteed to have Iroha's full team without touching the gacha, and are put into a 3x3 grid where completing all 9 missions completes the "card" and gives you an extra reward, before moving onto the next one.

Was this something added to JP currently or has been run in the past? Come to think of it I don't even remember how I acquired all of them.

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

It seems it was added just this year to JP so I have no clue when it will be added to the NA server same thing with Spirit Enhancement which is more of a game changer than this.

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

It is relatively new, I'd have to check with my JP-playing friend for when exactly it became a thing(and she is asleep right now), but I am fairly certain it was this year, so we never had anything quite like it in NA, though we had free copies of Felicia and Sana available through Special Training shop when they released, while Yachiyo and Tsuruno had free copies also through Special Training missions, but when they got their 5* uncap instead, but those have, obviously, long expired.

Stamp card missions are akin to Doppel Celebration missions, in that they are permanent and have no time limit, so you couldn't possibly have missed them.

last edited at Jun 29, 2020 2:10AM

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

though we had free copies of Felicia and Sana available through Special Training shop when they released, while Yachiyo and Tsuruno had free copies also through Special Training missions, but when they got their 5* uncap instead, but those have, obviously, long expired.

I must have pulled all of them from the gacha then, because I wasn't around for their special training missions. It would be a good idea for them to add them as welfare since it doesn't make sense otherwise story-wise. I actually remember having a moment during chapter 6 where I was wondering if I would ever get Sana because she'd been added to the team in the story but not to my game roster.

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

In a normal non-gacha game you'd unlock important story characters automatically while other characters like Ultimate Madoka would be behind (hard) sidequests and/or DLC. As for welfares, I'd rather have someone unique and/or decently powerful like what Fate/Grand Order does with its welfares instead of story units which can be rolled in any gacha.

I got my third copy of Ren in the free 10x and I spent 50 rolls to get my fourth Ashley slot

I also just spent 100 rolls and got Sakura

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Other than getting my Emiri to three slots I got nothing notable today from either the free premium or support gacha. I guess my luck from the first two days has run out.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I risked using a 100 rolls on the Ashley banner and didn't get her. Even though I really want IroYachi I also need a strong dark unit so it's ironic I got spooked by another light unit, Madoka. I'll barely build up 100 rolls by the end of anniversary if my calculations are correct. Welp guess I'll pray that IroYachi smiles on me more than Ashley.

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

I will just go out and say right now, the current event makes the anger people felt towards Touka and Nemu in the wake of Last Magia/Chapter 10 come across as really myoptic in hindsight...

To reply you must either login or sign up.