Forum › Yuri Manga Recommendations

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I haven't really been keeping up with the sequel, but how did UQ Holder mess up Konoka/Setsuna? Are you talking about the main character being related to Konoka? Because apparently he's revealed to be a clone of Negi, not his son, so it's not like Negi married Konoka or anything like that. Not to mention Konoka's twin grandchildren (that look just like her and Setsuna!) appear as supporting characters.

I haven't read it in a looong time. I stopped when I got turned off by the way the plot was going. I just heard a thousand outcries of how Konoka/Setsuna was ruined, but maybe it was a false alarm then? That's actually a relief.

Joou Sama no Eshi, but fair warning, don't go in expecting a masterpiece.

Quality is not important thankfully. I gotta look that one up, because I never heard of it.
reads synopsis
Oh yeah. That would surprise me if it had a yuri pairing by the end of it. Good one.

Stray Little Devil: Subtext and shiptease right from the first chapter, but the kind that usually leads nowhere. Then comes the last chapter and bam, sudden yuri ending that not even the most stubborn yuri-haters could worm out of.

Centaur’s Life/Worries: Didn’t expect two recurring yuri couples (so far, Akechi x Inukai and Akira x Nadeshiko) in a series not marketed as yuri or romance. There’s also another couple in chapter 83, Manami x Komaki is getting quite some shiptease and there are several unrequited crushes.

Oh right, I actually knew about Stray Devil's ending. Thanks for the reminder.
Centaur's Worries actually has real yuri in it?! I thought it was so obviously just subtext... That's a surprise.

last edited at Dec 5, 2019 3:54AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

BugDevil posted:

Oh yeah. That would surprise me if it had a yuri pairing by the end of it. Good one.

Double so since as soon as she was confirmed lesbian, people started to complain and saying how it'll go nowhere for sure since the author is Watashiya Kaworu and as we all know authors never change or improve so if they didn't handle lesbian character well once in their work, it means there's no way they'll get it right next time.

Centaur's Worries actually has real yuri in it?! I thought it was so obviously just subtext... That's a surprise.

Yea, there's at least 1 confirmed yuri side couple, though Hime x Nozomi is even teased by author.

last edited at Dec 5, 2019 5:11AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

BugDevil posted:

Double so since as soon as she was confirmed lesbian, people started to complain and saying how it'll go nowhere for sure since the author is Watashiya Kaworu and as we all know authors never change or improve so if they didn't handle lesbian character well once in their work, it means there's no way they'll get it right next time.

The name doesn't ring any bells and I would certainly remember someone with this... style. I actually got interested enough to start reading. Pretty crude stuff, but quite funny. Reading it with the conclusion in mind is an interesting experience in its own right.

Yea, there's at least 1 confirmed yuri side couple, though Hime x Nozomi is even teased by author.

So is there a reason why you two have conflicting information? @kittey said there are 2 confirmed pairings? Not doubting either of you, might just be a difference of interpretation.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

BugDevil posted:

The name doesn't ring any bell

I never read Kodomo no Jikan or any of their other works for that matter either, but apparently it had a lesbian character that was handled really poorly and she was the only one who didn't get a happy ending.

Pretty crude stuff, but quite funny.

Comedy is over the top and stupid and I love it for it. Teacher is great.

Reading it with the conclusion in mind is an interesting experience in its own right.

Honestly, nowadays I rarely read anything without checking ending first, since I no longer have time and energy to invest into something that'll just end badly and waste my feels.

So is there a reason why you two have conflicting information? @kittey said there are 2 confirmed pairings? Not doubting either of you, might just be a difference of interpretation.

Oh it's simply it was ages since I read it and I didn't read all available chapters, so I don't know how canon Akira x Nadeshiko is. I do remember them being pretty subtexty from parts I did read, so I'm not doubting kittey's words, but I can't really confirm 1 way or another. Akechi x Inukai I can 100% confirm though.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Reading it with the conclusion in mind is an interesting experience in its own right.

Honestly, nowadays I rarely read anything without checking ending first, since I no longer have time and energy to invest into something that'll just end badly and waste my feels.

I prefer to have surprises left in my life, so I couldn't do that. Typically that would just make it less interesting. Hence why I didn't ask for titles here as recommendations, just to make a list. It just so happens that I would probably never have read this one otherwise.

Oh it's simply it was ages since I read it and I didn't read all available chapters, so I don't know how canon Akira x Nadeshiko is.

I see. Thanks.

last edited at Dec 5, 2019 6:06AM

joined Sep 5, 2018

I called them recurring, not confirmed, and Nevri mentioned at least 1 confirmed. No conflicting information there. ;-)

As Nevri said, Akechi and Inukai are so open about it, it’s undeniable. Akechi is on a TMI level and will gladly tell her friends what they’re doing in bed. They also get naked bed scenes in a few chapters (with bed sheets and horn covers). No tiptoeing around calling them lesbian either.

Akira and Nadeshiko are pretty obvious, IMO. Nadeshiko is obviously into Akira and when they go on what seems to be dates. They haven’t officially stated they’re going out yet (by volume 17), so I guess it’s still in the realm of plausible deniability, though.

Manami and Komaki have gone on a few dates and got embarrassed when their friends saw them linking arms. Not much past that, though, and Manami seems to have some kind of father complex too.

Hime and Nozomi are getting some shiptease like Nozomi blushing when Hime glomps her while they’re telling scary stories and of course their kiss during practice for the drama play and what Nevri linked to, but nothing more concrete than that.

last edited at Dec 5, 2019 9:44AM

joined Sep 5, 2018

can anyone pls post Gyaru Yuri series in this website?if you dont mind age gap and lolicon.

See previous answers here and here.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I called them recurring, not confirmed, and Nevri mentioned at least 1 confirmed. No conflicting information there. ;-)

Sorry, but "two recurring yuri couples" means two confirmed pairings. You aren't a couple unless well... you are in a relationship. Especially if you put the qualifier "yuri" before "couple". And this all in the context of talking about stories that actually go beyond subtext means it's pretty clear what anyone reading that sentence would think.

Well, misleading or not, ultimately the conditions are fulfilled as long as there is even one confirmed couple. That's 1 more than I expected for sure haha

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I haven't really been keeping up with the sequel, but how did UQ Holder mess up Konoka/Setsuna? Are you talking about the main character being related to Konoka? Because apparently he's revealed to be a clone of Negi, not his son, so it's not like Negi married Konoka or anything like that. Not to mention Konoka's twin grandchildren (that look just like her and Setsuna!) appear as supporting characters.

I haven't read it in a looong time. I stopped when I got turned off by the way the plot was going. I just heard a thousand outcries of how Konoka/Setsuna was ruined, but maybe it was a false alarm then? That's actually a relief.

Yeah, KonoSetsu is fine. Mind you, I'm mostly just going off of TV Tropes here but from what I understand most, if not all, of those complaints went away as more plot stuff was revealed.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

This might sound a little weird, but anyone here can recommend me some good yuri manga with an important (or at least vocal) friendly male character? Things like Vampiress Lord with Rin, I'll Cheer on my Yuri Onee-chan with Futaba or my favorite boyo of all time Cerik from Mage and Demon Queen. But please not any guys that might be involved in the relationship/interfering anything, unless it's in a very comical way or something like the Itta case from Girl x Girl x Boy

Did i dare recommend Bloom Into You because i may assume you know it already and maybe less know but very good too (and my second personal favorite yuri) Beauty and the Beast Girl from Neji with the dad being really supportive.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

This might sound a little weird, but anyone here can recommend me some good yuri manga with an important (or at least vocal) friendly male character? Things like Vampiress Lord with Rin, I'll Cheer on my Yuri Onee-chan with Futaba or my favorite boyo of all time Cerik from Mage and Demon Queen. But please not any guys that might be involved in the relationship/interfering anything, unless it's in a very comical way or something like the Itta case from Girl x Girl x Boy

Bloom Into You would be the obvious recommendation with Maki there if you for some reason haven't read it yet.
Sasameki Koto has Kazama's brother.

You really notice the lack of guys in yuri manga when you start looking for recommendations like this... Could also add Octave, I guess, but it does also have one of those guys you don't want to see.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Did i dare recommend Bloom Into You because i may assume you know it already and maybe less know but very good too (and my second personal favorite yuri) Beauty and the Beast Girl from Neji with the dad being really supportive.

Ohh... I don't remember any guys in Beauty and The Beast Girl. Did i miss something?

If you talk about the manga, i tend to say yes if you're into flufff, little drama and monster girl. If you talk about supportive male character, i'd say yes too because there is the Dad of the human girl and i'd say he is very ok with the relation.

joined Sep 5, 2018

This might sound a little weird, but anyone here can recommend me some good yuri manga with an important (or at least vocal) friendly male character?

Maybe Their Story. Mophead! There’s also a bunch of other male (and female) characters to liven things up, like the buttmonkey class-prez.

There’s also Kashimashi Girl Meets Girl. The MC’s best friend does have a crush on her, but it’s played for comedy and doesn’t interfere with the yuri relationship struggle. He’s supportive when it counts and does a good job at being a best friend.

last edited at Dec 12, 2019 9:06AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Octave just wasn't for me tho... Not my cup of tea

Understandable, it can be heavier than most of the stuff here. I did love it myself, but even so it's not one of those I often re-read.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Octave just wasn't for me tho... Not my cup of tea

Understandable, it can be heavier than most of the stuff here. I did love it myself, but even so it's not one of those I often re-read.

I love Octave but I have to read it sparingly as well.

I would also recommend Hakodate Youjin Buraichou Himegami Probably the best action Yuri on here (imho). The male characters never interfere in the romance of two main characters although I would say near the end is a pretty dark scene.

Other ones I can think of.... none atm. But I could recommend Aerial Magic. A webtoon but worth checking out.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I would also recommend Hakodate Youjin Buraichou Himegami Probably the best action Yuri on here (imho). The male characters never interfere in the romance of two main characters although I would say near the end is a pretty dark scene.

Urgh i don't reallylike this one, you feel the axe at the ending as the ending is way too open for being a real closure.

joined Nov 30, 2011

It did not feel to open to me. I felt like the final scene was oddly rushed.

0e257d22-6556-409e-84cd-061214211dea
joined Jun 27, 2019

Hi, I'm looking for genderswaps yuri manga that the girl got genderbent to a guy instead x girl and thanks in advance!

joined Sep 5, 2018

Hi, I'm looking for genderswaps yuri manga that the girl got genderbent to a guy instead x girl and thanks in advance!

Just to clarify, are you looking for…

A) a female getting genderswapped to male but still identifying as female (because otherwise it couldn’t count as yuri), together with someone female in body and mind.
B) a female getting genderswapped to male in body and mind, together with a female in body and mind, and you consider it yuri because the first character was originally female.
C) something else that I didn’t figure out.

Due to the second and third laws of genderbending, stories fitting A are probably extremely rare. B would not be considered yuri on this site because the genderswapped character would be completely male.

The only thing remotely fitting A that I can come up with would be the webcomic El Goonish Shive. It’s a webcomic that’s manga-influenced but not drawn in a particularly manga-like style, but it has characters of various gender identities genderswapping their bodies back and forth a lot, including a lesbian couple with one of the two involved having a male body for a part of the story. However, most genderswapping is male-to-female and only one of the characters temporarily swapped female-to-male is in a lesbian relationship. The other two lesbian relationships haven’t been genderswapped (yet).

last edited at Dec 13, 2019 8:52AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

@RyouLycaon

Instinct and a Chromosome has surprisingly fresh and positive male character, though it's only one-shot. Still it's good one.

0e257d22-6556-409e-84cd-061214211dea
joined Jun 27, 2019

Just to clarify, are you looking for…

A) a female getting genderswapped to male but still identifying as female (because otherwise it couldn’t count as yuri), together with someone female in body and mind.
B) a female getting genderswapped to male in body and mind, together with a female in body and mind, and you consider it yuri because the first character was originally female.
C) something else that I didn’t figure out.

Due to the second and third laws of genderbending, stories fitting A are probably extremely rare. B would not be considered yuri on this site because the genderswapped character would be completely male.

The only thing remotely fitting A that I can come up with would be the webcomic El Goonish Shive. It’s a webcomic that’s manga-influenced but not drawn in a particularly manga-like style, but it has characters of various gender identities genderswapping their bodies back and forth a lot, including a lesbian couple with one of the two involved having a male body for a part of the story. However, most genderswapping is male-to-female and only one of the characters temporarily swapped female-to-male is in a lesbian relationship. The other two lesbian relationships haven’t been genderswapped (yet).

Ok I am super confused right now tbh ._. But let me try to explain the best I can. What I’m trying to say is I’m looking for a story where the girl that got genderswap into a male but still have the same mindset to a female with a female with same body and mindset. And yea that’s the best I can describe it ._.

joined Sep 5, 2018

What I’m trying to say is I’m looking for a story where the girl that got genderswap into a male but still have the same mindset to a female with a female with same body and mindset.

That’s A and I think it’s pretty rare, if it even exists. Good luck with your search.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Would anyone be willing to hook me up with some Takemiya Jin stories that are more lighthearted, or at least have happy endings? I quite enjoyed the ones from Love Stories Log (also still interested in any good yuri involving trans women or polyamory, as always)

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

What I’m trying to say is I’m looking for a story where the girl that got genderswap into a male but still have the same mindset to a female with a female with same body and mindset.

That’s A and I think it’s pretty rare, if it even exists.

I'd say. Never heard of anything like that.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Idol Pretender is the opposite of that.

To reply you must either login or sign up.