Forum › My cat became a cute girl!? discussion

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

Oh, right, it was Chocola. For some reason I remembered her with white hair. I liked the interactions between the other cats, but the horny sister already was a red flag for me. That's my yuri biase, I wouldn't mind her as the harem lead instead.

Uh...anyway, this was cute indead. Our own cats aren't bossy at all and they are mixed street-something-something. Cats can have all kinds of personalities, so this was fine to me.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

You're overstating the differences between cat breeds. Even the Maine Coon, while more sociable than other cat breeds, does not have the instinctual hierarchical social structure that actual pack animals like dogs do. A cat with the capacities of a human is far more likely to oppose any abuses on the part of its owner or just strike out on its own. I do think this work brings up an interesting point: suddenly changing how you treat them because of this change due to human squeamishness would be more hurtful and confusing than liberating. Even in a human form they still have inhuman social mores and immediately thrusting an entirely alien moral framework onto them seems unhelpful at best. Most of these kind of stories don't address the dynamic over the long term and are just brief one-shots so there simply isn't enough time to explore the issue in the time frame it would require.

Oh? I know quite a few Maine Coons and they are obedient, sociable and pretty chill. They will even let you put them on a leash and take them for a walk. And then there are housecat breeds specifically bred to be attached and obedient to humans. It's getting a lot more common.
Sure, they aren't pack animals, but their self-centered nature is what is actually getting eradicated.

Well, I do want longer series of this type exactly for that reason. But even in one-shots it's rather easy to see that the issue is being ignored or even fueled.
I absolutely understand that an immediate increase in intelligence doesn't mean comprehending a new lifestyle, but a catgirl that wants to be treated as a pet is what you critisized about straight dude's writing just now, didn't you? A lack of independance.

I obviously don't dislike these more straightforward depictions, they are just cute. Still would prefer if it got explored more sensibly one day.

I would love a story that goes more in depth into this concept and actually addresses the complexities of it. I think a lot of it comes down to what authors consider "being treated as a pet" to entail and in many cases it's super uncomfortable when applied to a person whereas good real pet owners treat their pets not much different from how they treat human loved ones beyond the necessities of being their caretaker. Like the protagonist here is making a concerted effort to treat the cat as a person to the point where she over corrects and I think that's actually a really good portrayal of this dynamic. Like yes, the cat wants to be treated with the same affection as it was before the transformation but it doesn't want to be treated as property or like it's beneath its former owner and it probably doesn't even recognize her as an owner she's just her roommate who gives her food. It doesn't feel like there's a power imbalance here beyond the one you'd find between a freeloader and the person supporting them.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Oh, right, it was Chocola. For some reason I remembered her with white hair. I liked the interactions between the other cats, but the horny sister already was a red flag for me. That's my yuri biase, I wouldn't mind her as the harem lead instead.

Funny, Cinnamon is the one who ended up being in love with Maple from the start and she is just as horny and crazy as Kashou's actual sister.
Though I don't really like any harems, straight, gay, bi or reverse.

It doesn't feel like there's a power imbalance here beyond the one you'd find between a freeloader and the person supporting them.

Well, what are freeloaders, if not the most expensive of pets?

last edited at Jun 20, 2019 10:24AM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Funny, Cinnamon is the one who ended up being in love with Maple from the start and she is just as horny and crazy as Kashou's actual sister.
Though I don't really like any harems, straight, gay, bi or reverse.

It doesn't feel like there's a power imbalance here beyond the one you'd find between a freeloader and the person supporting them.

Well, what are freeloaders, if not the most expensive of pets?

A freeloader might be cheaper than a pet if you live somewhere with universal healthcare because vet bills are hella expensive.

Screenshot_277
joined Aug 31, 2017

furfag!

Fb_img_1519730104292
joined Sep 16, 2017

Where can I get this Cat Food??? I'm ordering it right away!!! XD

23131889_285323998648077_5029786755005305904_n
joined Jan 11, 2019

Hold on, she used to shower with her cat? Since when is that a thing?

Hmm... i guess she just used to let the cat go into the bathroom when she was showering, i do this to '-'

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Sequel please.

joined Sep 11, 2014

I can't get over how cute the author drew the cat version of the girl though.

last edited at Jun 20, 2019 4:48PM

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Sequel when

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Meanwhile, in this weeks edition of "How is this a thing?" magazine...

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Aeewwww cute, but none of my cats would even come near the shower xD

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

Spanish God and spanish is coming back at you? I need context xD
Also, this was so cute ;^;

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

GIVE ME A SEQUEL

Screen%20shot%202017-11-22%20at%201.04.04%20pm
joined Nov 18, 2017

shes lucky she only has 1 cat. what if she has 15.

It would be a harem unlike any other.

GM_Highlander
joined May 26, 2017

So sweet

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Hold on, she used to shower with her cat? Since when is that a thing?

Hmm... i guess she just used to let the cat go into the bathroom when she was showering, i do this to '-'

I know some people with really long haired cats who occassionally bathe their cats for cleaning. Because the fur is so long it can be hard for the cats to get some of the more nasty dirt out of it. Still haven't met a cat who actually liked that though, lol.

Which brings me to... what kind of cat behaves like that lol? My cat would've ignored and ordered me around all day xD

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Somehow, when I read the first two speech bubbles of the second to last panel of this page I thought something along the lines of "You can't spell " Wait, caruful ." without "Waifu". Then I asked myself "Wait, what? What was this thought I had?".

last edited at Oct 25, 2019 5:12PM

%e2%9c%aa
joined Aug 9, 2022

fbi open up XD

last edited at Aug 10, 2022 8:01AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.