Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Moke ver.) discussion

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

This is a new(er?) manga version of the popular light novel Adachi and Shimamura. I don't really have any ideas on how to name it besides differentiating based on author - input is appreciated. I'm also not up-to-date on what the differences are between the various versions, but perhaps someone else can enlighten. As always, many thanks to the scanlators for their tireless work on this series!!

5078c11faafb542156639addbfc83dc4440cf9d2_hq
joined Apr 22, 2018

Thanks scanlators. I'm just more surprised on the many different versions there are. But it looks like in this version there are parts taken from other chapters into one chapter only focusing on adachi and shimamura plus we don't see any of shimamura's friends introduced yet.

last edited at May 30, 2019 2:55PM

Shipping Account
Fb_img_1534347820826
joined Oct 2, 2018

Thanks for the hard work guys -
This looks like an interesting version indeed

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

While the first manga seems to stay faithful to the LN this one picks up quite fast and seems to do things in it's own way. This manga definitely feels like I'm reading a yuri manga and the two MC's interacting seem a lot more flirty even though they're doing the same things as the first manga. Idk if I like this more or not since it's too early for me to say but I welcome this faster paced, not as subtle version of the manga. Oh and I wonder if Yashiro (edited;fixed) is gonna be cut out completely or if just that scene, taking her out will definitely pick up their pace romantically.

last edited at May 30, 2019 3:17PM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Oh and I wonder if Yashiro is gonna be cut out completely or if just that scene, taking her out will definitely pick up their pace romantically.

So far it seems like Yashiro has been retconned out of this version. Personally I have no issue with that. I don't mind drama but I don't care for random drama, and that is basically what that little blue weirdo was.

Anyway. Like I said to sneik, I am not so sure that I am liking this version as well as the first one, because the way it has been rewritten seems to change the personalities of Adachi and Shimamura somewhat. Adachi is more confident and much less an awkward and useless baby lesbian. Shimamura is a lot less oblivious.

As for naming convention, perhaps label the old version as "original" and make a note about it on its page, and this one as "new" or something similar.

last edited at May 30, 2019 3:49PM

1916028_1073061359394379_8287547252845901979_n
joined May 1, 2017

Je, it's like seeing the same story in multiple dimensions

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

I am not so sure that I am liking this version as well as the first one, because the way it has been rewritten seems to change the personalities of Adachi and Shimamura somewhat.

Yeah I definitely agree there but didn't want to say anything (yet) since it's only one chapter.
Oh and I fixed the third-wheel alien girl's name in my first post (I was close)

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Moke 'em if you got 'em.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Yeah I definitely agree there but didn't want to say anything (yet) since it's only one chapter.
Oh and I fixed the third-wheel alien girl's name in my first post (I was close)

Wellll, I mean, if it's like this already from the start, it stands to reason that the trend will continue. Since it seems like the newest version is more interested in covering more content at once, and losing a lot of subtlety.

I fixed her name in my quote for you so your shame has been hidden. lol

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

A less oblivious Shimamura is a welcomed change imo! yeah I don't remember all the details from the previous versions but I remember their feel and this definitely feels more yuri.
If this is how the anime it's gonna be, I think is better.

As for awkward Adachi or not, we'll have to wait until they go to Shima's home!

QUESTION! should we use spoilers bars this time? like... We might spoil new readers but at the same time it feels like a huge pain lo/

last edited at May 30, 2019 4:15PM

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Awwwww they erased the alien ::c

Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

The next chapter comes out 27th of June, not July like it says on the final page. Sorry about the mistake.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

The next chapter comes out 27th of June, not July like it says on the final page. Sorry about the mistake.

UNFORGIVABLE

20180327_165604
joined Nov 9, 2017

Well, the romantic undertones are much more obvious much earlier on in this version. I think I prefer the slow burn of the other, but this is nice too.

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

It was good but uh.. I'll stay with the other version.

joined Jan 25, 2017

It was good but uh.. I'll stay with the other version.

The other version's long dead, unfortunately - that's part of why they restarted.

5078c11faafb542156639addbfc83dc4440cf9d2_hq
joined Apr 22, 2018

Why is the other version dead?

Love%20live!%20allstars%20kotohanayou
joined Apr 25, 2019

The new art has more details but the characters look a bit skinnier? So far I prefer the old art but I'll wait to see how chibi Adachi look like in the new art (in the old art chibi Adachi look so adorable).

joined Jan 25, 2017

Wasn't popular, I guess. It's pretty old, unless I'm very mistaken, ran years ago alongside the LNs.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Wasn't popular, I guess. It's pretty old, unless I'm very mistaken, ran years ago alongside the LNs.

It started serialisation in 2016, so it's not especially old

joined Jan 25, 2017

It started serialisation in 2016, so it's not especially old

Old enough to get one volume in and not sell very well, which is what I assume happened.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

QUESTION! should we use spoilers bars this time? like... We might spoil new readers but at the same time it feels like a huge pain lo/

Spoiler tags for LN-only happenings, or happenings in the future of the LN, would be good. No need to take special care to not spoil the 4-koma readers, given that these releases are basically concurrent.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Kind of a remixed version; things are similar to the LN, but happening in a different order with different context. Still feels more like the LNs than the first manga did, though

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I dunno. The first manga followed the LN almost exactly; those things that weren't said were faithfully depicted, backgrounds and all, most of the time.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Oh wow, this cut a lot of stuff. I'll miss all that.

Shimamura is gayer though, so I guess not all is bad.

last edited at Sep 29, 2019 9:15AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.