Forum › Us, the end of the world, and the rest of our life discussion

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

(its mysterious about if its Sci fi or supernatural means of ending the world but it needed to be tagged something)

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

Oof, I can feel the anxiety building inside of her. Very bittersweet.

Yuriburrito
joined Apr 8, 2019

Thanos snapped away everyone except the lesbians.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Huh. I'm not really sure what to make of those last two pages.

(its mysterious about if its Sci fi or supernatural means of ending the world but it needed to be tagged something)

Is there an "Post-Apocalypse" tag? Whether it's sci-fi, magic, or something else doesn't seem to really matter to the story, since we don't see any of those elements and they don't interact with them.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Oof, I can feel the anxiety building inside of her. Very bittersweet.

I was half expecting it to end like that one Takemiya Jin story with the zombie apocalypse. Apocalypse for Two I think it was called?

I'm glad this went for a bittersweet end, rather than outright horrific.

last edited at May 28, 2019 10:07PM

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Sounds to me like she's slowly losing it. At first I thought that one panel was a camera, but I think it's a lamp she's staring upto... But damn that turned bitter really unexpectedly for me.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Just imagine a lesbian utopia at the end of the world. ;)

1916028_1073061359394379_8287547252845901979_n
joined May 1, 2017

Damn, this is my kind of manga jojojo

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Kinda reminds me of This Quiet Earth, but yuri-style

joined Oct 13, 2014

Just imagine a lesbian utopia at the end of the world. ;)

https://www.webtoons.com/en/challenge/woman-world/list?title_no=100912 here u go, have fun

5078c11faafb542156639addbfc83dc4440cf9d2_hq
joined Apr 22, 2018

Cute and bittersweet (idk how else to describe this)

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

That dead look on her eyes. That can't be good

Ivan's%20words%20of%20wisdom
joined Jun 22, 2013

Maybe she's worried that she'll wake up one day and her lover will have disappeared just like the rest of humanity and she'd have to live out the rest of her existence alone.

joined Sep 6, 2018

Sci-fi should be some sort of technology affecting a possible future way of life. This manga is bereft of science and borders on a “Rapture” condition mentioned in Revelations book— hence it should be “supernatural”-tagged.

It is a good story, although somewhat depressing.

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

Kinda reminds me of This Quiet Earth, but yuri-style

I wondered if I was the only human alive who'd seen that, lolz!

By the piles of crashed cars it looks like everyone vanished all at once (Quiet Earth) or super suddenly from a massive virus (Omega Man). No bodies anywhere is mysterious...

This was terrific though. Rii seems dependant on the capable Acchan, but really Acchan would fall to pieces within hours without Rii around. They get along well, which good considering... (they're literally the last 2 people on Earth, lolz!)

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Hum... so "End of humanity" = "End of the world"?. I'm pretty sure it's different because humans aren't the world.

End of the human world.

joined Nov 27, 2017

Maybe she's worried that she'll wake up one day and her lover will have disappeared just like the rest of humanity and she'd have to live out the rest of her existence alone.

I choose to believe this. I kinda like having just a generally pleasant take on post apocalyptic where it's just quiet.

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

I cant remember the name of the doujin but i remember it was an apocolypse thing similar this where it was only 2 girls left, one girl was russian and one japanese(i think it she was japanese anyway) does anyone know the name?

I Want To Leave Behind a Miraculous Love by Nagashiro Rouge

Pero01
joined Apr 1, 2014

This reminded me Girls last tour

_______%20(12)
joined Feb 18, 2018

Maybe it still to early to assuming something,,, are they really the only left person on earth ? I dont know.,,

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

I would not want to be Rii and wake up to a hanging Acchan in her room one day

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Acchan was just waking up, and remembering people from the past I think. It shows the picture frame that is toppled over, near some pill bottles(?) and one that clearly has several people. She's waking up, seeing that same old ceiling (light), and realizing her reality again; hence the tearing up. But then Rii pops in and reminds her that she hasn't lost everything completely.

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Thanos did this for the good of yuri.

Perfectly lesbian, as all things should be.

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

I'll admit the top half of panel 25 had my heart-rate skyrocket. Then Rii pokes her head in and it settles. Though those pill bottles and picture frames definitely hint at an underlying malaise.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I can honestly say that I never, never ever, read a "cosy catastrophe" story where the MCs are so damn happy to be by themselves, with no other humans around, that they need to shout it to the sky every two pages.

Really, girls, I understand your feelings: better a peaceful, cosy world all for the two of you than a post-apocalyptic dystopia with hordes of zombies that relentlessly hunt the few uninfected humans who still remain, or a radioactive wasteland ruled by gangs of bikers who enslave and rape women and fight bloody wars for turf, gasoline and water...

... but, hey, speaking in the name of the vanished mankind, I must say it's chotto samui that you are SO glad that we are all gone. ¯⧹_(ツ)_⧸¯

last edited at May 29, 2019 1:49AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.