Forum › It's Not My Fault That I'm Not Popular! discussion

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

New chapter by /u/ this time https://mangadex.org/chapter/720331 it's very wholesome

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

So, this art was made for the recently released Novel Anthology

Any guesses on who the black haired girl in the back is? She's wearing the same uniform as the others, so she can't be Yuu, and the only major character missing there is Asuka, but she's not black haired.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Any guesses on who the black haired girl in the back is? She's wearing the same uniform as the others, so she can't be Yuu, and the only major character missing there is Asuka, but she's not black haired.

She also wears glasses.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

So, this art was made for the recently released Novel Anthology

Quite possible it's Megumi, the ex student council Prez but she doesn't wear glasses so i'm not really sure and also Asuka is not the only major missing, Nemo is not here too.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Mstudent council or Nemo with natural hair color (?) Not sure... Most likely someone new.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Did Nemo use to have glasses before her "manga-like HS life" makeover? IDR out of hand and digging through the old chapters to check would be ass but I don't think she did...

last edited at Oct 24, 2019 4:16PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Nope, Nemo didn't use glasses.

There are rumors that is Kawamoto, the girl that Tomoko inadvertently molested in Middle School.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

There's a very nice update in mangadex!! go go go go!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

OMG AN AMAZING ASUKA CHAPTER!!! https://mangadex.org/chapter/773830

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

I read that chapter out of curiosity, is the whole manga that gay? It seems kinda interesting but also like it could drag a lot and it's so long I don't want to try and tackle it if there's not gonna be good payoff. Would anyone be willing to tell me the good points and what I can expect out of it?

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I read that chapter out of curiosity, is the whole manga that gay? It seems kinda interesting but also like it could drag a lot and it's so long I don't want to try and tackle it if there's not gonna be good payoff. Would anyone be willing to tell me the good points and what I can expect out of it?

For the first 60 chapters or so, you get a lot of rather humorous cringe comedy. Then, as new characters get introduced to bounce off Tomoko's weirdness, it just keeps on getting funnier and gayer. A lot of people would suggest you skip to the start of the field trip arc where these classmates are introduced to "get to the good stuff", but there's also others who say that getting through that initial cringe makes the newer chapters all the more sweeter.

Of course, if you're specifically wanting something that's a 100% yuri focused romcom with a clear end goal, it certainly isn't that, but if you like funny stuff that (eventually) leads to a fair amount of gayness, you'll certainly get that. Probably worth binging in short bursts to start with.

last edited at Dec 25, 2019 6:37PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Also don't get your hopes high for a yuri ending as i don't really think it will happen.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Cringe humor kills me, so that's gonna be a no for me probably. Damn, thanks though.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I didn't survive the anime so I skipped like half of those 60 chapters in manga, but I think what's most important for the chapters to come later is to see THAT senpai first encounter, because the paid off later hits you like truck kun. Plus some character introductions, the rest is just hardcore cringe hahaha.

Not sure if this will be yuri or not at the end, but I think the author knows pretty well (based on fanart, doujins and popularity) what people like, so at the very least, don't expect some guy to be shoved out of nowhere at this point, besides, consider the fact that Asuka, Yuri, Nemo and Ucchi don't have boyfriends (and obviously Makocchi and the delinquent included) yet and they're in third year... The teasing is real. A het ending would only mean that the author is an asshole, not because is het but because you need to build things up to get there.

last edited at Dec 25, 2019 7:21PM

joined Oct 5, 2016

Watamote isn't exactly yuri, in that it's not really a romance manga exactly. But it does definitely know it's about a gay character, Tomoko has always been into girls, but early on she's so worried about her social status in high school that all she cares about is getting a boyfriend, so she won't be a loser. It's actually a really good job of writing about someone whose gayness super shapes her behavior and her relationships, but who personally has no clue she's gay - or at least refuses to admit it yet.

As she's stopped worrying so much about being popular and doing Popular Girl Things, she's correspondingly stopped caring about boys. She's totally been crushing on Asuka for a while, and surprisingly Asuka actually seems into her back. None of this is exactly spelled out, but it's a lot more than just subtext, too.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Here's some (spoilery) fanart to go with the latest translated chapter: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/78496009

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

We all can agree that Asuka totally wants to get into Tomoko's pants, right?

joined Oct 5, 2016

The manga does a great job subtly letting us notice that she changed just to go over to Tomoko's. Like she was already wearing a cute outfit, instead of wearing that she changes into a sexy little black skirt that's totally not the kind of clothing you'd normally wear to go to a friends' house in the middle of the afternoon. She changes from cute and comfy to blatantly sexy.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

She's totally been crushing on Asuka for a while

What ? No, she just have a high esteem of Asuka and think is too perfect to go along with Tomoko's habituals shenanigans. She is not crushing on her, she is just trying to less of a shitty person.

No, at least not till i have a better understanding of Asuka's behavior.

But it does definitely know it's about a gay character

I'm pretty sure Tomoko is bi, even if she never really express her love of girls outside of groping them when she had trying to found a boyfriend before.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Yup! at the very least she seems to be the most interested that way, like way ahead the rest... Well, Yuri is a close seco-... ah right, there's Ucchi... hahaha but yeah, no other person has been this worried over whether Kuroki likes her back or not and she notices all the tiny details and stuff she does. Even when she's pretty much loved by everyone, she gets jealous and sad when Kuroki seems to avoid her (and now she knows why).

Asuka wants to be special for Kuroki and that's pretty much a fact, because if she were like Nemo for example (still my favorite) she wouldn't be so worried over which friend Kuroki calls first and stuff like that.

last edited at Dec 26, 2019 9:18AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

no other person has been this worried over whether Kuroki likes her back or not and she notices all the tiny details and stuff she does.

Mention Ucchi just before Yeah right

Yup! at the very least she seems to be the most interested that way, like way ahead the rest

Forgetting my girl Ucchi again ?

sad when Kuroki seems to avoid her

I mean, that part will be true for anyone no ? You're always a bit sad when someone seem to avoid you on purpose.

Also how people get past the biggest thing of the chapter ? Yuu wanting to join Ao U just because of Tomoko. Yuu seem to hold Tomoko in great way and is even ready to work her ass off just to be with Tomoko in college. I mean, it's one of the first time i saw someone tell they are worsethat Tomoko in studies.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I'm pretty sure Yuu has a boyfriend, and Ucchi might be too obvious at times but she's also crazy so is hard to take her seriously

last edited at Dec 26, 2019 10:05AM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I'm pretty sure Yuu has a boyfriend, and Ucchi might be too obvious at times but she's also crazy so is hard to take her seriously

Not currently. She's been single ever since she got her hair cut.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Harem route it is then.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Personally I'm starting get tired of Ucchi. She's just this one note character that doesn't make an attempt for truly getting to know Tomoko nor to properly get close to her. She just keeps acting like a ten year old who doesn't understand their attraction for a classmate.

Yuu wanting to go to Aoyama isn't surprising, she was bummed out that she didn't pass the exam to be with Komisomething and Tomoko in High School so it was expected she would try to be in the same college as Tomoko if the opportunity presented itself.

To reply you must either login or sign up.