Forum › It's Not My Fault That I'm Not Popular! discussion

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

That Ucchi-Tomo doujin is out now! It looks like it'll be real fun when it gets translated.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

https://mangadex.org/chapter/665307/1

The new chapter is out! send help, this shipping teasing is pointing in all directions!!!

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

https://mangadex.org/chapter/665307/1

The new chapter is out! send help, this shipping teasing is pointing in all directions!!!

Ucchi master race.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Pretty cute chapter.

I'm sure I'm in the minority but I'm starting to get tired of Ucchi schtick. Mainly because at this point it feels like just dragging the joke than actual development. I wouldn't be as bothered if Asuka weren't being used as a foil for Ucchi and literally doing everything Ucchi should be doing (or trying to do). In fact, Asuka gave me "girlfriend" vibes in this chapter with the way she mediated between Tomoko and Ucchi, the attention she gave to Tomoko and the questioning at the end about the lack of a call.

Now about Yuri. Is undeniable that she and Tomoko have great chemistry and their interaction was adorable but at this point I can't really see her feelings towards Tomoko as romantic in nature. Yuri is coming off like being both extremely sheltered and socially awkward, so she's just relieved to be with her BFF again. That's something I've noticed with Yuri for a while, she seems terrified from being alone and becomes real clingy with those few who she considers friends. Ironically, if Nico would've kept the characterization Yuri had during the Kyoto trip then her interest in Tomoko would be 100% romantic.

Akane and Nemo keep slipping into the background while the YoshiMako teasing continues.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Heeey Nemo had a lot of participation this time! but when they're in a group she will be social with everyone because that's how she is but put them alone in a room and see what happens :X

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Am I the only one thinking that Imae is pretty flat as a character? She never got more characterization beyond token nice girl that worries about everyone and is pretty much perfect in every sense of the word. In many ways, she's the kind of bland, wish-fulfillment character that I've seen many accuse Asuka of being.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Not sure about being perfect, I think she just noticed that Kuro was always alone and she just was being compassionate... Like "don't give up!" kind of treatment... And I understand where you're coming from but because I cried during the graduation I can't physically or spiritually agree hahaha.
I guess people who say that about Asuka are either hardcore shippers of other girls or just think that someone can't be just nice so they want her to have some twisted secret or whatever lo/

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

New chapter is up! it's wholesome! https://mangadex.org/chapter/677950/1

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Aw, Yuri is such a great friend, trying to play wingman to Tomoko and Asuka.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

YESSSSS, I finally buckled down and read this from start to finish! The fremdschämen from the first chapters had been too much for me before but somehow I managed to power through. And now I can understand what everyone is talking about!

And yes, very wholesome chapter. I like Nemo's little wish, that was cute AF.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Congratulations on such feat! I personally was unable to go back to the early chapter, it was impossible ... too painful to read hahaha, it was only by chance that I saw like chapter 80 or 100 in manga and I was like "I wonder what's that girl doing nowadays" and when I saw her talking with friends I was like "Hold up! what's going on?!"

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0uC1UCFfGH/

Tomoko's seiyuu is having a lot of fun in England.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0uC1UCFfGH/

Tomoko's seiyuu is having a lot of fun in England.

That's really nice!!!

HEY ! The Ucchi doujin has been translated https://hitomi.la/galleries/1460758.html but be prepared for intense watersports and Ucchi's usual crazyness

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Pee grossness aside, it's a fun little read.
and Tomoko's name being wrong on purpose, that really tricked me. I was convinced that the translator was getting confused
edit: ooor not, now there's an updated version with those fixed. Guess it WAS just a goof.

last edited at Aug 9, 2019 5:33PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

http://www.slide.world-three.org/read/its_not_my_fault_that_im_not_popular/en/0/164/page/1

Asuka is finally making her move.

Going by the last page, you sure she isn't starting to enter YANDERE ZONE...?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I think she's just realizing that Kuroki is cute good for nothing hahaha or maybe that she could push her to do something

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Why people are jumping the gun and immediately assuming the worst of Asuka? Every time she does something different, people assumes she's gonna snap. I mean, sure, people exaggerating her reactions are a good amount of the fanart but that is precisely what it is, just fanart. Within the story itself, Asuka has always been depicted as a well adjusted (if somewhat weird) girl. Personally I don't think that Asuka isn't acting any different than a well-meaning, but somewhat controlling romance interest would act in a regular romance story. Girlfriends/Boyfriends deciding to push their significant other so they can both advance together towards their goals is a relatively common trope.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Mostly because it's funnier that way.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I think people keep assuming that because Asuka gets that crazy look in her eyes(Of course every one of them does)
I really do like Asuka and she has come so far within the Harem. She's still neck and neck with Yuri though.

Here is a theory I wonder if Kuroki's eyes are actually hypnotic for the same sex and that's why she's unwittingly captured all of their hearts(or at least made them verrry interested in her)
I mean look at those eyes

last edited at Sep 7, 2019 4:59PM

joined Oct 5, 2016

I feel like Asuka is subtly feeling rejected.

Like from her perspective she's got a crush on this girl, flirts with her, kinda gets mixed signals back, never quite clear if Tomoko's into girls or not. They're gradually getting closer, and they hang out a lot more, but also it's always for school stuff, like studying or the college tour, they never just hang out to hang out. Asuka keeps trying to come up with more excuses to spend time together, and Tomoko seems into it, but then also keeps inviting her other friends along - or her friends will invite Tomoko to just hang out casually, and Tomoko never invites Asuka along.

None of this is really Tomoko being uninterested, she's just A) socially awkward, and B) has low self esteem and it never even occurs to her that Asuka might be hitting on her.

This has especially been coming to a head regarding Yuu. Tomoko's always at her gayest around Yuu, and Asuka's definitely picked up on that, and is feeling curious/jealous of Yuu. And now they're finally going to meet at the study camp, which should be real interesting.

last edited at Sep 9, 2019 5:06PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Or you know she just want to know Tomoko better. Beside Ucchi,i never understand how you can see romantic feeling in any of the girls.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

WELP

Watamote's new chapters are going behind the paywall. Next chapter will be out for paid subscriptors on October 17, and in freaking November 7th for free.

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

goddamn monetization ruining the yuri experience

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Damn those chapters better come with extra yuri now x_x) Well, I'm sure the manga has enough fans to help the group get the chapters when needed.......right ?XP we gotta have faith!

To reply you must either login or sign up.