Forum › It's Not My Fault That I'm Not Popular! discussion

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Ch167: Mako tells Yuri off for sending messages to Tomoko when she's not supposed to.
ch168: Mako sends Yoshida a message
Gotta love that subtlety.

bubbleteabird
F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

Tomoko:
Yoshida:
Teacher:
Ucchi: UWAAH! KUROKI!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

F*ck that glasses teacher...

I can't wait to see everyone's reaction when she comes back, I bet yuri will try to act cool like is not a big deal hahaha.
But specially Ucchi and Asuka

Tomoko: I'm not a lesbian, but I like to grope boobs, peek up skirts, and think lewd thought about my friends, who all happen to be girls btw.

It's not gay if she doesn't actively think about hand-holding.

bubbleteabird
joined May 8, 2017

@Serenata, I'm so excited for the reactions as well.

I also predict that Yuri will try to act cool. But then at the end, she'll give Tomoko one of her rare smiles

And I hope that Asuka's reaction will be: "If you promise not to get into trouble again, I'll let you grope me all you want."

And Ucchi will probably be happy but also try to act like she doesn't care. But then Miyazaki will probably say something innocent to Tomoko like "Oh hi, Kuroki," and Ucchi will unleash a jealous tantrum.

Edit:

Ninzin posted:

Tomoko: I'm not a lesbian, but I like to grope boobs, peek up skirts, and think lewd thought about my friends, who all happen to be girls btw.

It's not gay if she doesn't actively think about hand-holding.

True, Handholding is the ultimate sign that one is gay lol

last edited at Jun 6, 2019 6:40PM

joined Mar 30, 2018

In a hypothetical live action adaptation of this, how would you cast Ucchi and Futaki? Would there be any way to make the joke still work?

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

...that's actually a very good question

Anyways, I just realized that Tomoko's suspension was Asuka's fault.

Tomoko was suspended due taking a ride with Yoshida in Rena's scooter
Yoshida offered Tomoko the ride because Tomoko was shaken up by Asuka's offering her breasts to grope
Asuka offered because Tomoko got bored during their study session with the Asuka Squad
Tomoko only started studying after school due Asuka's insistence.

Good job Asuka.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Ikko, the writer, recently was on a radio show where he was interviewed and answered some fans' questions.

Here's the first part's translation

http://watamote.com/internet-radio-show-tanigawa-ikko-appeared-part-1/

And here's a cliff notes of the second part

When did he decide to change the direction -> after he tried introducing more characters via the 4koma (TomoMote?)

It's hard to come up with character episodes but at the same time not really

When did Nemo's deal about being a seiyuu and an otaku become a thing? -> He had it in mind lightly from the beginning, but didn't force himself to use that setting then. But it manifests in how Nemo has anime-like hair (he designed Nemo) and the artist added in more details

While not something especially shared with the artist, every character does have a few character settings in his mind (TN: That's likely why characters are mostly so consistent!)

Back in highschool he was a moody depressed kid but the delinquents and teacher mistook it as him being a serious student

Any chapters that (not necessarily Watamote) he particularly likes? -> the Lotte collab one. It was effortless to write.

Last year in June/July the Lotte Marines were losing so badly and so often he didn't watch them at all

Do the different personalities between Ikko and Nico affect the manga? -> maybe in some of the actions characters take and smaller details. Sometimes Nico the artist will say that "this character won't say this", but sometimes she'll just go with it. She doesn't really do so for dirty jokes. Ikko jokes that she just ignores them now. Does she do it for Katou? -> yes

Will it end with graduation? -> Well that'll probably be the case, don't you think?

Maybe with her getting a boyfriend.... -> (Laughs)

Any notifications for fans -> not really

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Very reserved responses I think, not spoiling much.... That bit about the bf... ugghh No... NO ...NNONONONONONO laugh it off please O_O= don't you dare.

I didn't knew the artist was a girl u.u

last edited at Jun 12, 2019 11:24AM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

That bit about the bf... ugghh No... NO ...NNONONONONONO laugh it off please O_O= don't you dare.

Did you not read the part that literally says "(laughs)"?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Yeah, I just really wish they find it absurd and leave it at that... It would be a blunder to introduce a guy at this point, for all the crazy het jokes and and possibilities there's the brother.

last edited at Jun 12, 2019 11:42AM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Translation of the second part of the interview with Ikko

http://watamote.com/internet-radio-show-tanigawa-ikko-appeared-part-2/

bubbleteabird
joined May 8, 2017

if there really is a guy who becomes Tomoko's love interest, I hope Yuri comes along and yuridons him and then steals Tomoko away

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

MP must not be a fan of yuri considering he thinks getting a boyfriend would be the perfect ending... Aaaaaaaanyway, I like how they let Tomoki say whatever but they take extra care with Asuka to keep her refined, I guess the manga would be sillier or more ecchi without the girl pov so I'm glad she's there.

I'm all for more Nemo chapters! thanks for the info

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

CH 159 raws are out

https://www.ganganonline.com/viewer/player/viewer.html?tw=2&cid=SQEX_WATASHIGXXXC1590_72

We finally got to see Asuka's thoughts!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

The abstinence is killing me....!!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

It's translated!! https://mangadex.org/chapter/643966/1 wow is so goood!!!!! so much material for shippers too... This is so great

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I find kind of hilarious how after all the fanart and comics of Asuka getting depressed because Tomoko didn't talk to her/message her, in the actual manga she's the only one from the school who got contacted.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Asuka really needs to meet Yuu.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

I find kind of hilarious how after all the fanart and comics of Asuka getting depressed because Tomoko didn't talk to her/message her, in the actual manga she's the only one from the school who got contacted.

And yet it kinda seems like Asuka was a bit upstaged by the fact that Naruse got to talk to Kuro on the phone.

I like how Kuro and Yoshida are actually sociable to each other now. Gone seems to be the comedic slapstick relationship they always had. Maybe that's what this suspension arc is all about, reconciling the two finally.

last edited at Jun 20, 2019 9:27PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

slaps desk loudly alright Dynasty, idk how you're gonna do it but I expect at least 5 doujins and 20 fanarts out of this chapter's implications alone... by this weekend! full colored

And don't even make me start about what's gonna happen if you bring the wrong ships... 'cause we have some rules over here, we're not savages! none of that fang Minami or whatever and my God not another Komi something material... Taste people, have some taste!

But really now, Asuka is not being subtle anymore, anyone who would pay some attention will notice that something's going on with her, her circle of friends are already confused... That's some really intense attraction for friendship

Also I saw this in mangadex

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Something I find interesting is how Nico conveys as much about Asuka's state of mind through the art as they do through her dialogue and thought bubbles. She's obviously tense about Tomoko not calling her and if you notice, when she approaches Nemo and Yuri she's clenching her hands. Probably worried about Tomoko calling them and not her, but when she hears Tomoko didn't event message them, she finally relaxes. Just to get pissed when she hears Tomoko called this "Yuu".

People are calling these reactions obsessive and possessive, but they seem perfectly natural in a teenager, hell, I was on Katou's shoes back in HS. Now the question is to see how this will develop, probably Asuka will confront Tomoko about it, like she did during the visit to Aoyama.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Anniversary special of the spin off, worth looking!! https://mangadex.org/chapter/646935/1

A super perverted doujin with Ucchi and Tomo is coming https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=75283403 Warning, perv in the train scene (but she was saved)

last edited at Jun 24, 2019 11:55AM

Dark_Tzitzimine
F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

A good fanart about the latest chapter hahahaha https://twitter.com/Gustavo_sp7/status/1147763729565659136

last edited at Jul 7, 2019 10:50PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.