Forum › Tadokoro-san (web comic) discussion

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

Truck-kun, the destroyer of gay couples.

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

AAAAAAAAH! NO! NO!!! FUCK YOU, TRUCK-KUN! FUCK YOU! YOU NOT GONNA TAKE ANOTHER ONE OF MY BELOVED CHARACTERS!

Fb_img_1527421130856
joined Jun 18, 2015

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/world_of_yuri#5
All the comments of Isekai Truck-kun remind me this oneshot

F6027a7c125b156932db27aa264cfb2a
joined Jul 3, 2015

So it ends next chapter. Rip never thought that a yuri would end with someone turning into a road kill :'(

432027e9-d7bf-4855-8947-d2e8c86accea
joined Jun 3, 2018

Ah, the return of the hero maker. How we miss the chapter in the nurse’s office now.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I can't believe this...

So now Tadokoro is gonna reincarnate in another world where she will find the legacy of a lost school of martial arts and become an invincible fighter?

This really isn't how I was expecting the story to develop.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Why does all the bad shit happen to tadakoro? XD

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Truck-kun...

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This is an interesting cliffhanger because it's not yet entirely clear exactly what kind of story this is. So far it seems to be mostly, but not entirely, "realistic" in the sense that it's not sending out clear fantasy, supernatural, or sci-fi cues. But Nikaidou's amazing baseball save does, as several people have mentioned, stretch if not actually violate the laws of physics. But was that simply exaggeration for comedic effect, or a signal that she really has superhuman powers of some kind?

(The story is certainly not "realistic" in terms of human social behavior, but well within the usual limits for comedy manga.)

My general sense (which could turn out to be completely wrong) is still "it's not that kind of manga," i.e. one where the protagonist suddenly dies randomly in the middle of the story, and the odds are that we're going to see another miraculous Nikaidou intervention.

tl:dr: I really liked the first few pages of World of Yuri and thought the rest of it was tedious and stupid. I hope this isn't like that.

last edited at Jan 17, 2019 11:11AM

Sonya
joined Aug 22, 2014

Oh no

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

The best part of those running away scenes is that she got dressed on the way. So, realistically, she kinda got up then got dressed, wrapping her scarf, slipping into her coat, grabbing her bag, probably even paying her drink and so on, while her potential-girlfriend stood nearby tapping her foot so they can get on with the run-away-at-a-crucial-moment part of the relationship ...

joined Feb 11, 2014

The Isekai genre is desperately trying to get it's hands on her. Nikaidou won't let it.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

The Isekai genre is desperately trying to get it's hands on her. Nikaidou won't let it.

Are girls even allowed to be the protagonist in the isekai genre?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

majere posted:

There are plenty of isekai with girls as protagonists.

Like "I Reincarnated into an Otome Game as a Villainess With Only Destruction Flags…"

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

There's even some about yuri harem. As far as I'm concerned they are all rubbish unfortunately, but still ... ^^

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Right when Tadokoro is running away because she is too shy to confess, Truck-kun appears... and we all know that those hit by Truck-kun end up being transported to some fantastic parallel world.

It's amusing because that's exactly the plot of "Leda: The Fantastic Adventure of Yoko" (or "Genmu Senki Leda"). Do you remember?

Leda was the first shoujo-genre direct-to-video anime film ever. The story is like this: Yoko, the MC, wants to confess her love to some hunky guy, but, even though she tries her best to fortify her resolve, in the end shyness overwhelms her and she is unable to talk to him. Then, while she is moping about her failure, bam: she is transported to Ashanti, a fantastic alternate world where she becomes the holy warrior who, according to prophecy, must single-handedly defeat the evil wizard lord who plans to bring ruin and calamity to both Ashanti and our world. So she pretty much spends the whole movie in a battle bikini, wielding a huge sword and fighting monsters and mechas and all sorts of baddies; and, eventually, after she beats the wizard in a climactic final duel, she manages to return to Japan, and finds that - get braced for this! - her experiences in Ashanti have made her a little bit stronger and she finally, finally has the courage to confess her love to the one she likes!

It absolutely hilarious, when you think about it, that this movie is based on the premise that it takes a whole isekai adventure, a great epic saga full of battles and action and whatnot, to give a pure-hearted young maiden the mental fortitude necessary to speak to her crush.

I totally love the Leda movie to bits... but let's hope this story will not take that path. I don't want Tadokoro to go through a 200-chapter adventure in a parallel universe before being able to confess.

joined Mar 5, 2016

YES! YES! CHAOS REIGNS!

joined Jan 12, 2018

"It was for a short time, but we will miss you dearly Truck-kun! You done so much for our relationship - your sacrifice will not be forgotten. May your spare parts rest in pieces. Amen."
(by Nikaidou-san)

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Okay, I'm sensing the theme emerging in that in order to protect Todokoro, Sakurako will keep doing things that resemble the badass characters Todokoro draws in her manga. I'd love to see it go that direction, it's something I haven't really seen before.

joined Mar 4, 2018

BAD END

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I suspect Nikaidou is going to do an even more badass stunt than the baseball one to keep that truck from harming her dear Tadokoro.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Hardboiled Princess

Nako
joined Oct 12, 2013

The waitress has a pretty good gaydar considering she wordlessly got them the couple's drink.

Not exactly, they ordered it without knowing it was a couple's drink, because they panicked at the suddenly appearance of the waitress. :)
Anyway can't wait to see what Nikaidou will do with Truck-kun... Something amazing it's going to happen

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

Nikaidou's amazing baseball save does, as several people have mentioned, stretch if not actually violate the laws of physics.

Whaaat? She just caught the ball. It'd be hard to do, especially without looking at it, but it's nothing superhuman. It wasn't even a batted ball, it was just thrown by a guy. As for the truck issue, Tadokoro ran away out of the blue so it's pretty obvious Nikaidou chased after her. She could still do some crazy thing given how this is a comedy manga, but most likely she'll just pull her or jump to save her.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Don't make Kumoko-chan try out her newest chuuni sounding spell (as she once put it) on you. And otome-type wish fulfillment works in the genre actually seem to be halfway common from what I've seen trawling such aggregator sites.

To reply you must either login or sign up.