Forum › Inoshikacho ga Sorowanai discussion

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

I think the relationship dynamic is pretty clear: senpai loves seeing her girlfriend get flustered, so she's always playing coy.

Series where the characters start out as a couple already are the best. Looking forward to more of this.

last edited at Jun 28, 2018 8:43AM

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

Lol bookmarked for the promised "more hijinks"

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

I laughed and laughed about her lying with her head in the package fantasizing. I look forward to "battle!"

690ea2d43c833a395aa79e98116d8d2f
joined Apr 15, 2018

Battle =))))))))

joined Jan 22, 2015

So she asked her out, and then they just started living together immediately afterwards. But judging by he reactions to the underwear, have they just not even fucked yet? I'm not usually one to judge, but if you're living with your girlfriend before you've even had sex, then you've probably moved in together too soon.

Personally I'd rather live with someone before getting to the sex stage. Don't matter how good the sex is if our household habits are at odds.

Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

As others have pointed out, this feels weird, like it's missing a lot of detail. This is the first chapter, but it feels like I'm reading some chapter 2-3 with the confession being a chapter 1 flashback or something. From this chapter, senpai seems kinda airheaded, so maybe the unnaturally fast development is a result of senpai wanting to take the lead (being the senpai and all) but have no dating experience so she moves the relationship too fast without realizing it herself.

joined Jan 12, 2018

battle underwear

Oh, I see what you did there.

joined Jul 20, 2016

Is this a Galette release? I didn't see any indication of where it was from.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I still have no idea what that battle underwear thing is. I mean, do people really buy specific underwear for work in Japan? Is it supposed to be sexier or plainer? What's the point of this all?

Personally I'd rather live with someone before getting to the sex stage. Don't matter how good the sex is if our household habits are at odds.

I beg to differ. It does matter.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

schuyguy posted:

So she asked her out, and then they just started living together immediately afterwards. But judging by he reactions to the underwear, have they just not even fucked yet? I'm not usually one to judge, but if you're living with your girlfriend before you've even had sex, then you've probably moved in together too soon.

It wasn't inmediately... We just explained this...

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Different people want to let their relationships develop in different ways and at different paces, it's not that weird.

joined Jun 9, 2018

This smells strongly of NTR, again.

joined Aug 22, 2016

This smells strongly of NTR, again.

I am at a loss, where do you see signs of cheating?

I still have no idea what that battle underwear thing is. I mean, do people really buy specific underwear for work in Japan? Is it supposed to be sexier or plainer? What's the point of this all?

I beg to differ. It does matter.

I don't think they were saying that the quality of sex doesn't matter in a relationship. But that the quality of sex doesn't matter if other important aspects of a relationship are not working. Whether the relationship is casual or romantic, there should be good dynamics outside of the bedroom as well.

Quality of sex is important, but it isn't the only deciding factor of a good relationship.

Clothing, no matter what is worn, if often a confidence booster. A new dress, suit, shoes and to some even underwear can be a strong motivator. The point is that if you feel good about yourself, then you'll be more motivated and perform better. Such a boost helps in all sorts of situations where often times it is for the person themselves, but sometimes for others. I think the reason for the battle underwear here is to light some fire under their intimacy and bring it to the next level. Simply put, clothes have a lot of power. They can change how we view and feel about ourselves, but also with how people view and treat us. This isn't a Japan thing, but a global behavior.

I think the author wanted to portray the Kohai feeling as if she'd been thrown into a whilwind and came out all flustered and uncertain of how she ended up where she was, but despite that, she's really happy. I think readers are looking for the all too common linear romantic development with clear cut points of progress that can be easily defined.

last edited at Jun 28, 2018 3:15PM

joined Jun 9, 2018

-one sided crush
-senpai
-living together without having sex

The protagonist is of the cuck type and the senpai is the type of character who has had a murky past (of the kind who succumbed to his desires due to the excessive stress of responsibilities) and currently wants to settle down but will eventually trip over the same stone .

Although it may not show up in the story.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

-one sided crush
-senpai

The protagonist is of the cuck type and the senpai is the type of character who has had a murky past (of the kind who succumbed to his desires due to the excessive stress of responsibilities) and currently wants to settle down but will eventually trip over the same stone .

This is a terrible post.

joined Aug 22, 2016

-one sided crush
-senpai

Ignoring the comedy tag, I still don't see it. There are a lot, I'd even say the vast majority of Yuri manga that have a one sided crushe and/or the Senpai character where cheating isn't a theme at all. A romantic relationship without sex can mean a lot of things, but here the story shows a relationship that is still developing with a clear sexual interest shared between those involved. I think they're just taking their steps slowly after a rushed start.

Indeed, there are no indictions nor any evidence whatsoever in the story of the characters having the traits and histories you describe. Elements must be within a story to be part of the story and its characters or have a viable connection in some manner.

last edited at Jun 28, 2018 3:37PM

joined Jun 9, 2018

You have to read between the lines to see it, the problem is that the characters are too similar to other stories so it is easy to relate them.

cheating isn't a theme at all

That does not mean that it has not happened in the life of one of the characters or that it will happen in the future.

When you read a lot Yuri you realize that the NTR is part of many of the lesbian relationships, due to the promiscuity and it is difficult not to see it even when you do not show it directly.

Yuri really PURE stories are very rare, almost non-existent.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

But this is a comedy... Not drama... not hentai... Geez
I will just leave and wait for the next chapter

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

You have to read between the lines to see it, the problem is that the characters are too similar to other stories so it is easy to relate them.

cheating isn't a theme at all

That does not mean that it has not happened in the life of one of the characters or that it will happen in the future.

When you read a lot Yuri you realize that the NTR is part of many of the lesbian relationships, due to the promiscuity and it is difficult not to see it even when you do not show it directly.

Yuri really PURE stories are very rare, almost non-existent.

I think you might want to reword that because it sounds like you're implying that Lesbians are naturally Promiscuous cheaters, which is almost as bad as the stereotype that bisexuals are

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Somebody didn't learn the First Rule of Holes, I guess.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Eh, it feels kind of weird. A sempai she'd had feelings for randomly wants to go out AFTER they've graduated college and been apart... Suddenly they're living together without any kind of physically relationship, probably not even a kiss. It just doesn't make any sense. Too much of it is skipped.

Then the focus is randomly on "battle underwear" having skipped any kind of relationship or character development. That's not how you do a good story.

True. Maybe this was more of a One-Shot to see how people would react to it.
And they said screw it let's just go for it and made the story like this.
We don't really know.

I know tho.

So here's the news! This is a release from Comic ExE 13, the last comic ExE to include yuri. The yuri section has migrated to the Comic Medo website, where the print yuri found in ExE is slowly being uploaded, but there is no indication that series from it will continue here. This same publisher has published 2 print yuri anthologies this week with most of the yuri authors from ExE plus some known authors. Sakada was not in those 2, but there may be more of those anthologies in the future. Hopefully, series like the Nekomura one we're working on at TZdY and this one by Sakada will be continued on the website.

It was very likely the author wrote this story before knowing the plug was being pulled on Comic ExE yuri. Still, context clues hint it may continue online.

last edited at Jun 28, 2018 7:19PM

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

So senpai just went out and kidnapped her basically. She must have some very advanced gaydar to just snipe her like that lol.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Even if it isn't literally immediately (and yes, I could tell from that one panel some amount of time must've passed) it was still obviously very soon. Look how awkward they are around each other! They clearly are not comfortable being in the other's company, which to me indicates that this all happened very fast. And that one line "Even if I call it 'going out' it feels like we're just living together" confirms that impression.

I'm still convinced that they moved in together too soon.

last edited at Jun 28, 2018 7:33PM

joined Aug 22, 2016

Even if it isn't literally immediately (and yes, I could tell from that one panel some amount of time must've passed) it was still obviously very soon. Look how awkward they are around each other! They clearly are not comfortable being in the other's company, which to me indicates that this all happened very fast. And that one line "Even if I call it 'going out' it feels like we're just living together" confirms that impression.

I'm still convinced that they moved in together too soon.

Maybe, but that’s not really an issue if they can make it work, even with hilarious misunderstandings as this is a comedy. Personally, I like sudden relationships where the people involved learn more and become closer over time. It is endearing.

I do believe the author is wanting a whirlwind setup

last edited at Jun 28, 2018 9:27PM

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Agreed. I'm not saying this is necessarily bad, it's just weird. And weird works well in a goofy comedy like this.

To reply you must either login or sign up.