Forum › Torako! Don't Break Everything! discussion

joined Jul 26, 2016

Also, "BRRRR" ( ͡¬ ͜ʖ ͡¬)

joined Dec 26, 2017

Two questions:
1) If they were watching from the hallway, how did they expect him to sneak into the classroom?
2) How the heck did he sneak into the classroom??

Smkrdb5kcvhg_wq4izmcf2mpp_pv4mkvlgohghl-kq8
joined Mar 13, 2018

Two questions:
1) If they were watching from the hallway, how did they expect him to sneak into the classroom?
2) How the heck did he sneak into the classroom??

Two answers:
1) they're not that smart as said by the teacher.
2) massive plot ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Kill him.

Pretty sure that's a corpse at the end there. She would've caved his skull in with that hit.

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

This dude is wearing a bra and panties over his normal clothes. What a guy.

joined Oct 26, 2016

Wait why is this one suddenly NSFW when the first chapter (which also showed bare boobs) wasn't?

Shouldn't that one get tagged as well?

joined Jul 26, 2016

This dude is wearing a bra and panties over his normal clothes. What a guy.

Switch to spandex and cape and you've got a proper superhero right there.

joined May 1, 2018

Chapter 18 is quite shocking. Seriously, WHAT THE HELL. (light spoiler)

Is it the climactic ending of the series? Or an extreme change of tone for a couple chapters and then everything will go back to normal after recovering? Is it just a nightmare one of the characters is having? Did the author have the urge to pay a homage to Dragon Head in his gag manga? Or (hopefully not) is this actually turning into a survival or even apocalyptic manga like that one? o_O Anyway, I'm just like... IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING?! So confused. (hard spoiler)

If it is just a means to bond Torako with the group completely, he sure chose the most extreme route xD

last edited at May 1, 2018 4:06PM

joined Mar 15, 2017

^ It's the beginning of the end.

http://www.ya-arasi.com/magazine/next.html

joined May 1, 2018

^ It's the beginning of the end.

http://www.ya-arasi.com/magazine/next.html

So the series has been axed and ends in chapter 19? What a pity, it had potential for much more, and I expected it would be well-received; these characters are a blast, and the art is a lot of fun. I was even hoping it would be published in the West eventually, I would have liked to buy it :(

joined Mar 15, 2017

So the series has been axed and ends in chapter 19?

19 is already out. It ends in next month's issue.

Parnifia the Bastard
Chrome_2018-04-13_12-33-32-min%20(3)
joined Aug 4, 2014

Wait, it's seriously going to end just like that?
We just can't have nice things, huh...

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Parnifia the Bastard posted:

Yea. Even if it is good, as long as it isn't popular enough it will get axed. No question asked.

joined May 1, 2018

If this was being published in Shonen Jump I would have been fearing from the start that it was going to be axed this soon, but in a smaller seinen magazine like this I didn't expect it, really. With how likable these characters are I assumed it would last 4-5 volumes at least. Do they even conduct a popularity ranking?

last edited at May 2, 2018 10:22AM

Parnifia the Bastard
Chrome_2018-04-13_12-33-32-min%20(3)
joined Aug 4, 2014

Yea. Even if it is good, as long as it isn't popular enough it will get axed. No question asked.

The flip side of that being total garbage (not mentioning any names) can be guaranteed continued serialization just because it hit the right audience. It's a cruel, cruel world.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

The flip side of that being total garbage (not mentioning any names) can be guaranteed continued serialization just because it hit the right audience. It's a cruel, cruel world.

Pretty much. That is the flaw of manga industry. Profit is everything.

Stan Miller Staff
Muppo%20and%20northern%20ocean%20hime%20(kantai%20collection%20and%20moomin)%20drawn%20by%20sazanami%20konami%20-%20f1a1a8ae888c4eff5aac0862c561be11
Cyan Steam (Stan Miller)
joined May 25, 2017

Well, that is... sad. It's so... Forgive me. I'm sorry, but I can't keep working on this anymore, after knowing that. I'm sorry.

joined May 1, 2018

Well, that is... sad. It's so... Forgive me. I'm sorry, but I can't keep working on this anymore, after knowing that. I'm sorry.

Seriously? :( Ouch, now this really took a turn for the worst. I totally respect it. But they do become good friends, and it'd be really sad if we couldn't read anymore of it when they just stopped despising her. Even if the series is being cut short, it does have a satisfying progression, from what I see in the pictures.

Anyway, we're assuming it has been axed, but maybe the artist just planned to make a short, 2-volume story.

last edited at May 2, 2018 10:39AM

joined Mar 15, 2017

Anyway, we're assuming it has been axed, but maybe the artist just planned to make a short, 2-volume story.

In a tweet back when vol 1 came out, the mangaka said whether it continued would be decided soon based on sales (and so he'd thought about the ending and had come up with an idea he was pleased with).

https://twitter.com/NJ_Kilroy/status/936288523644125184

It's the wrong sort of manga to be something planned to end at 2 volumes in the case that it had sold well.

joined May 1, 2018

Is there any other series like this, with a gentle girl with superhuman strength in a somewhat realistic setting (like no other characters have powers, and there are no monsters and the like), preferably but not necessarily with a focus on friendship as well as humor and action? The only one I can remember is that character from Sket Dance, who was tall too, but I think she appeared just in a couple chapters.

last edited at May 3, 2018 11:01AM

joined May 23, 2015

There's a somewhat similar one I know of that started somewhat recently, but it's also got a bit of romantic undertones (het). It doesn't seem incredibly popular, itself, so it might not go on for a very long time, either. I also can't find any translations for it, so it's a bit of a moot point.

joined May 1, 2018

There's a somewhat similar one I know of that started somewhat recently, but it's also got a bit of romantic undertones (het). It doesn't seem incredibly popular, itself, so it might not go on for a very long time, either. I also can't find any translations for it, so it's a bit of a moot point.

How is it called, please?

joined May 23, 2015

この件、絶対秘密でお願いします ("Kono ken, zettai himitsu de onegai shimasu")

It's about a girl trying to hide the fact that she has monster strength, because people will be afraid of her and she won't be able to make friends. And a guy with a crush on her who finds out about that secret.

joined May 1, 2018

この件、絶対秘密でお願いします ("Kono ken, zettai himitsu de onegai shimasu")

It's about a girl trying to hide the fact that she has monster strength, because people will be afraid of her and she won't be able to make friends. And a guy with a crush on her who finds out about that secret.

Thanks. I found it, all four chapters are in the magazine's website (https://comic-walker.com/contents/detail/KDCW_AM06200177010000_68/). It looks nice, and it has made me remember the manhwa The Strongest Girl, also a het romance comedy.

But definitely not as good as Torako TT__TT The more I think about it, the more unique I realize it was.

last edited at May 3, 2018 12:09PM

joined May 1, 2018

The steadycam-POV horror film-like chapter seems absolutely hilarious XD

http://rawlh.com/read-torako-anmari-kowashicha-damedayo-raw-chapter-12.html

To reply you must either login or sign up.