Forum › Chotto Ippai! discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

In an exclusively female setting, like K-on and generally CGDCT settings, at least subtext is a given.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Lol what the hell was that

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Uh... nani?

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

(shit.. She was nice to me!?)
acts cold for no reason

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

knthomsen posted:

acts cold for no reason

There must be a reason of course, maybe is something dumb like "A kid 8 years ago said that my smile was ugly so I decided to never talk to anyone ever again" I hope not.

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Oh ye of little faith!

Why though ;_;.. This looks like angst, combined with comedy.. I already loved the tone of the first two chapters, I think I'm going to dig this for good.

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

knthomsen posted:

acts cold for no reason

There must be a reason of course, maybe is something dumb like "A kid 8 years ago said that my smile was ugly so I decided to never talk to anyone ever again" I hope not.

Something of a catch-22. If they make it a legitimately good reason for trauma, the manga takes a whiplash inducing turn away from light and fluffy towards serious dark themes like abuse. If they don't, the tone remains consistent but we all feel like Aikawa is kind of ridiculous.

Maybe there's a middle ground, like maybe Aikawa has stupid high expectations on her and equates friendship with a lack of proper discipline and priorities?

But you're probably right, and it'll probably be something pretty anticlimactic. (Man, I miss the original Lyrical Nanoha.)

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

knthomsen posted:

acts cold for no reason

Something of a catch-22. If they make it a legitimately good reason for trauma, the manga takes a whiplash inducing turn away from light and fluffy towards serious dark themes like abuse. If they don't, the tone remains consistent but we all feel like Aikawa is kind of ridiculous.

Maybe there's a middle ground, like maybe Aikawa has stupid high expectations on her and equates friendship with a lack of proper discipline and priorities?

But you're probably right, and it'll probably be something pretty anticlimactic. (Man, I miss the original Lyrical Nanoha.)

Just uh.. for the record, i was just kidding :) There surely is a reason behind it

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

The real problem: Aikawa, the student president and disciplinary head, is sleeping with her gyaru stepsister, and she's just not sure this new girl is up to their level of NTR play and suitable for the job of "pace-slowing weekly other love interest." How Momiji responds to her coldly marching off then blushing and looking at her over her shoulder will tell a lot.

By the way, if this isn't at least Yuri Crush , then what "Feelings" is Momiji going to be pushing down? (see table of contents).

last edited at Dec 5, 2017 4:22PM

Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

knthomsen posted:

acts cold for no reason

"The day my older brother destroyed my clan, I swore to never smile again, to never think of any joy until I had my revenge. And I swore to never have a closest friend. Otherwise... I might just do what he told me to do to become strong."

is my theory.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

By the way, if this isn't at least Yuri Crush , then what "Feelings" is Momiji going to be pushing down? (see table of contents).

Good point. I was going to ask if anyone knew if it will get gayer as it gets released?

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Good point. I was going to ask if anyone knew if it will get gayer as it gets released?

Citing the Kanamemo precedent, my money's on the tsundere, somewhat loli rival girl. Vs. the drunk who's all over her from the get-go.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Aaaaangst...

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Aw das nice so far. When will there be more?

mfs Uploader
Ran-chwan
joined Sep 8, 2014

Aw das nice so far. When will there be more?

Never.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

It's back and is cuuuute!! thanks

deltahalo241
Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

The gay finally got through to her

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

knthomsen posted:

acts cold for no reason

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ^

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

RuneHex posted:

knthomsen posted:

acts cold for no reason

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ^

Holy shit?! I said that! I completely forgot ... Oh jeez, I'm sorry I guess hahaha

last edited at Jul 3, 2018 4:24PM

joined Jan 8, 2017

The heck kind of smile did she have?

joined Apr 28, 2014

knthomsen posted:

acts cold for no reason

But you're probably right, and it'll probably be something pretty anticlimactic.

Aaaaand we all feel like Aikawa is kind of ridiculous. Can we all agree that "please don't hate me for smiling, I'm sorry, it won't happen again" should be an indicator of some dark shit? What kind of life does Aikawa lead that the act of smiling is cause for panic and complete isolation? Aaaagh, this manga is making me ask questions it has no interest in answering!

joined Apr 28, 2014

Also, "I can't smile at her or she'll hate me! The best thing to do is to ignore her and avoid looking at or talking to her, that's the only way I can be a good friend!"

joined May 25, 2017

the bg characters are given thought... look at the girls holding hands in the first panel...
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/chotto_ippai_ch04#11

AnAsianBrony
Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

"Because whenever I smile, I scare people."

Don't worry Aikawa, you are not the only one :'(

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

mudfire posted:

the bg characters are given thought... look at the girls holding hands in the first panel...
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/chotto_ippai_ch04#11

Exhibitionism like that turns me on

To reply you must either login or sign up.