Forum › My Master & Furry-eared Girl Mel discussion

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

so there slaves? oof that really put a dampener on the story

joined Jun 17, 2016

This is kind of late, but am I the only one who thinks Mel and Marie looks like Shio and Satou?

Applicationframehost_2018-12-19_14-19-07
joined Jul 23, 2017

Master didn't do anything wrong

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

so there slaves? oof that really put a dampener on the story

I don't know if they're slaves, but they're certainly not considered equal to human citizens. The fact that they can't use public transportation or even go into restaurants by themselves proves that. However, it does seem that the state takes an interest in their welfare, to an extent you wouldn't see if they were slaves.

My interpretation is that they're sort of permanent dependents: they are considered legally incompetent, incapable of caring for themselves or living independently. The ones we've seen are all treated pretty well and I get the impression that if protective services discovers that they're being forced to work they'd be removed from the master's custody and the master would be punished. The fact that the kidnappers even exist is sort of proof of that: the requirements for adoption are strict enough that many people fail, and resort to illegal means to acquire their own beastkin.

So it's still fantasy racism, but not quite to the level of slavery.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Ouch. That tone shift.

last edited at Nov 11, 2018 4:13PM

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

Yes, the best way to resolve problems between two people is by keeping them from seeing each other and talking things out.

The lady doesn't know the full story. For all she knows Mel ran away because she was raped or something. She's keeping Master away for the time being while Mel recovers, so as not to subject her to ANOTHER traumatic experience right away.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Marie is still the best match for Mel.

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

The story and characters are just terrific (and adorable!) and the setting is very interesting too.

One is left to wonder where any male beastkin are, eh? Why there's a school for orphans? That implies there are (or were) beastkin families out there somewhere, but these girls don't know about them. Someone mentioned genocide, that could be in the recent past. Did Beastkin live in another nation? In wild places? Were they bred in captivity? It seems all the adult ones are gone.

They are slaves, they do have to work: Mel and the others are trained to be household maids. Tiny, adorable maids!

There are many really evil people in this universe it seems: they roam around kidnapping beastkin, so there must be an active market for stolen ones, used for vile purposes no doubt :<

Applicationframehost_2018-12-19_14-19-07
joined Jul 23, 2017

This story , is cute and all but it have a f***ing dark side that is not developped and so kinda don't like that.

Yeah, I feel the dark side stuff is way too forced here, and Marie's attitude is in good heart, but it's also coming off as silly and basically makes the entire thing worse. Mel's master would simply just have to explain herself and talk about it, yet it just went off the rails with this.

I still enjoy it and didn't really want to think too much into it, but the dark shift has just killed it a little for me I guess?

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

jesus christ that was dramatic. I didn't expect that.

This manga started all light and fluffy but honestly this turn is interesting. There is definitely some hidden abuse involved in beastkin adoption. The orphanage kind of proved that. I hope this gets explored more.

last edited at Nov 11, 2018 5:23PM

joined Dec 10, 2017

Where was genocide mentioned?

E05aff7c1334de03865ce183142c84b52
joined Feb 6, 2014

Damn this went from cute onee-loli shit to some intense ass angsty shit

Would be good to read more mangas like this.
This chapter was awesome.

I like Master very much. Not her fault that sex with beatskin is illegal. Also she has to settle her own feelings. This is new to her also.

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

I think beastkins are mostly treated like underaged and not as slaves. Come on people,all of their masters seem to be wealthy and treat them very good. Master told Mel she could do whatever she wanted in the house, Mel chose to help as a maid.

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I think beastkins are mostly treated like underaged and not as slaves. Come on people,all of their masters seem to be wealthy and treat them very good. Master told Mel she could do whatever she wanted in the house, Mel chose to help as a maid.

Agreed, they don't seem to be enslaved. However, they still are given less freedom than even children. Generally, children are allowed to enter restaurants, purchase bus tickets, and visit public parks by themselves without being stopped by the police and returned to their guardians (unless there's something very strange about this society).

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Then tell me why does Mel still have a collar on her neck ? That just make her seem like a domostic animal.

For one thing "domestic animal" is different from "slave". Also, neither slaves nor domestic animals have any rights whatsoever, and in general the government has no say in how masters treat their animals or slaves (except with some very basic laws against unnecessary cruelty, but historically those are rarely enforced, and easy for masters to avoid). Neither slaves nor domestic animals are allowed to choose or reject their own masters, which is a right given to beastkin.

I'm not saying they're free, or that they have equal rights. Obviously they are in a subordinate position, and their rights are very limited. But their situation is not the same as that of slaves, or that of domestic animals. There are some similarities, but also major differences.

There really are no real world equivalents to the position of beastkin in this world, and claiming that they're slaves, or pets, or children, or whatever, would be a gross oversimplification.

last edited at Nov 11, 2018 6:42PM

Clipboard00
joined Oct 30, 2015

Now I really want that beastkin loli kidnaper to go to jail and die there.

joined May 26, 2016

Aw yeah, let master think about what she did wrong. Today's chapter was great

lol what? The only one doing something wrong is marie crossing the line whats going on between mei and her master should be between them not for her to try and play third wheel

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

For one thing "domestic animal" is different from "slave".

Are you sure ? Have ever asked a dog or a cat if they wanted to be your domestic animal ? No, people just decide that by themself. It's go the same for slavery .

Yeah, I'm pretty sure. My dog is a dog while slaves are, by definition, human. It might be difficult to spot the difference, but there are definitely some clues if you look closely. I'd be happy to give you some tips if you're having trouble.

Back to the topic of the manga: slaves are humans who are considered property and forced to obey their masters. Slaves historically existed in societies with legal structures that allowed humans to buy, sell, and own other humans as if they were property. Slaves that attempted to escape were considered lawbreakers and were forcibly returned to their masters.

These days, slave-keeping societies are rare, but every human civilization considers domesticated animals to be property that can legally be bought, sold, or owned. No human society has any rules granting domesticated animals legal rights. They can't bring suit against humans, and generally their human masters have the rights to do to them whatever they like, including killing them, though sometimes there are minor restrictions on what masters can do to their pets. As you say, domestic animals can't choose their masters.

So, it's very obvious that Mel isn't a slave, nor a domesticated animal. The kidnappers were attempting to capture Mel and Marie and then sell them, but it's clear that they're acting illegally. Your personal definition of slave might be different, but in the real world "slave" applies to people who are treated as property. Mel can choose her master, her master is required to obey certain laws guaranteeing that she is well treated, and she cannot legally be bought or sold. Her rights are certainly restricted compared to that of a human, but she doesn't meet any of the definitional requirements of "slave".

last edited at Nov 11, 2018 7:41PM

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

You sure are funny, there are a lot of contries who enslave others humans, but they won't say that to the world ofc. please inform yourself before saying such a thing.
You have just said it, according TO HUMANS LAWS. HUMANS AREN'T GODS who have the right to decide of how others species have to live. Though they want to be, want to control others everything and animals.
Please reread what I wrote ealier.
Humans laws should apply only to humans not others species.

Yes, forced labor is still legal in many countries, usually as the punishment for a crime. And some degree of slavery exists illegally in the form of human trafficking or indentured servitude. Neither of those things applies at all to Mel's situation. Plus they aren't the same as chattel slavery.

And yes, I go by human laws and human definitions. Humans are the only animals that have laws and the power to enforce them. Maybe you disagree with that and think it's wrong, but that's just the way it is. Let me know when dogs or monkeys or whatever establish their own rule of law and gain the ability to enforce it.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

This drama is kinda lame and forced. Marie is being a dick and hurts both Mel and master

is it wrong to do ur dog?

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

You sure are funny, there are a lot of contries who enslave others humans, but they won't say that to the world ofc. please inform yourself before saying such a thing.
You have just said it, according TO HUMANS LAWS. HUMANS AREN'T GODS who have the right to decide of how others species have to live. Though they want to be, want to control others everything and animals.
Please reread what I wrote ealier.
Humans laws should apply only to humans not others species.

Yes, forced labor is still legal in many countries, usually as the punishment for a crime. And some degree of slavery exists illegally in the form of human trafficking or indentured servitude. Neither of those things applies at all to Mel's situation. Plus they aren't the same as chattel slavery.

And yes, I go by human laws and human definitions. Humans are the only animals that have laws and the power to enforce them. Maybe you disagree with that and think it's wrong, but that's just the way it is. Let me know when dogs or monkeys or whatever establish their own rule of law and gain the ability to enforce it.

Just to toss in 2 cent though I dunno what the whole convo is. Some animals do have laws and enforce them. Crows and ravens even have what is called a crows court where they punish other crows who commit crimes like stealing food from younger crows. At times even with a sentence of death where they will gang up and kill the offending crow.

0000slan1
joined Apr 7, 2018

Then tell me why does Mel still have a collar on her neck ? That just make her seem like a domostic animal.

For one thing "domestic animal" is different from "slave". Also, neither slaves nor domestic animals have any rights whatsoever, and in general the government has no say in how masters treat their animals or slaves (except with some very basic laws against unnecessary cruelty, but historically those are rarely enforced, and easy for masters to avoid). Neither slaves nor domestic animals are allowed to choose or reject their own masters, which is a right given to beastkin.

I'm not saying they're free, or that they have equal rights. Obviously they are in a subordinate position, and their rights are very limited. But their situation is not the same as that of slaves, or that of domestic animals. There are some similarities, but also major differences.

There really are no real world equivalents to the position of beastkin in this world, and claiming that they're slaves, or pets, or children, or whatever, would be a gross oversimplification.

I know that when people hear the word 'slave' they automatically think about the US style of slavery or something similar, but in reality slavery can take various forms, in ancient Rome slaves had rights and various legal protections, they even had the right to file a complaint against their master, and slave owners had various obligations toward their slaves, hell highly educated slaves often had a better life than commoners, but at the end of the day they were still slaves.
In this case it seems that the beastkin are either owned by an individual or they are owned by the state if they reject their master (or no one wants them I guess), and from what we know so far they have no way to legally set themselves free (they can reject a master, but that doesn't change the fact that they are still owned by someone or something, and we don't know if they can keep on rejecting everyone forever, at some points they will probably be forced to accept a master), so according to the definition of slavery they are slaves.
Now the way they are treated is a mix between a pet (they have an ID number on their neck, like many pets in case they get lost) and a domestic slave (Mel master doesn't require her to do anything if she doesn't want to, but she could order her to do all sort of housework if she wanted to).

De7crl9h_400x400
joined Jul 17, 2017

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I want there to be Happiness here,,,,,, but,,,,,

it's not here!

However, there shall soon be a remedy for this...

... Right? inconceivably anxious face

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

i get that marie loves mel, but her drama is so forced.

To reply you must either login or sign up.