Forum › The Unemployed and the High Schooler ch01 discussion

20190203_135245
joined Mar 5, 2016

Welp, I really like the part where it was said Mao was "The Trash".

Img_8611
joined Sep 8, 2016

I don't feel I was supposed to relate to the older women. But I may have. XD

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Making women happy, most likely.

That was my thinking, but then I'd imagine it wasn't borrowing money. Unless that too is a code word.

joined Dec 12, 2016

The girl standing in the cover looks like Yuu from Yagate Kimi Ni Naru 0.o

last edited at Dec 17, 2016 12:43AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

So, Gay for pay?

Is it still Gay for pay if their gayness is irrespective of their being payed? I always thought it was a tag for (at least ostensibly) straight women.

Also, that tag normally applies when the main couple relationship is (initially) based on monetary compensation - which is exactly what Mao rejects from Hazumi from the start.

joined Aug 28, 2016

Making women happy, most likely.

That was my thinking, but then I'd imagine it wasn't borrowing money. Unless that too is a code word.

It seems more like an unspoken understanding. If the older woman doesn't think about when or if she'll get the money back, she also won't have to think about how the money is why Mao's there in the first place.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Saw the promising tags.
From Canno ...

K, not reading.

What's wrong ? Are her stories not angsty enough for you ? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tbh, her stuff is kinda shit
like that long series thats basically many one-shots, most are pretty shit. Even the main arc is..

Canno's awesome, her art style is goregous and her series she's got out at the moment is great fun. The main characters I'm not too fond of, but the rest are all pretty great.

This one-shot isn't my cup of tea though. I was just inwardly shouting for the older woman to get a job throughout the whole thing. (Maybe a sequel can come where she wants to treat the high schooler? That'll be nice)

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

It seems Mao really has feelings for Hazumi, but is also is acutely aware of her own shortcomings, and how they mean that their love will be ill-fated. I deliberated on the translation of the last page for a while, Mao is saying either Hazumi must realise it is a mistake being involved with someone her, or that she will get 'lost/led astray' by the money 'before her eyes', she seems to imply that one of these events must happen, as her feelings for Hazumi are too strong for her to reject her out of her own morality, which will only hold up so long until she is tempted to exploit her kindness.

Yeah, seems so. I actually kinda enjoyed this one

joined Sep 19, 2014

I'm not sure what to think of this one. It was so short I couldn't feel anything for the characters except being sorry for the rich girl.
Leaving on others money is so wrong you're depanding on others and you can't be free like this.
I couldn't live like this I would feel useless and shameful but it's only my opinion.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

So is the cover by Nakatani Nio?
edit: oh I missed the contributor list somehow, never mind I guess~

last edited at Dec 17, 2016 3:41PM

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

I don't see why everyone hates it so much. It's seems like a funny manga to me. So what Mao is a scumbag? That's what makes it even more comical.

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

The cover... Wait.. What.. I'M SO CUMFUSED WTF

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The cover... Wait.. What.. I'M SO CUMFUSED WTF

Were you expecting the entire anthology to be by the same artist and having the same story?

joined Jan 8, 2014

did a re-read and had to check the comments....wow, so much seriousness, the story itself was unremarkable except for the original-ish concept
(btw thanks for posting the page faust....actually better than this ch lol)
but yeah about the comments, just cause this was not a comedy nobody liked it?
cause I know I've seen a lot of y'all reading "campus life" lol

and yeah I agree Canno's works are kinda blah

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

but yeah about the comments, just cause this was not a comedy nobody liked it?

My theory is that the more prone you are to using these manga as wish-fulfillment, the less likely you are to appreciate anything but stories with happy endings.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Oh hey, I didn't know someone had translated this. A bit disappointed to be honest, I prefered this as a one-page gag in AnoKiss. I don't dislike Mao though. At least she's conscious that she has... room for improvement as a human being. >.> And Canno has a fetish for tear-kissing it seems.

(Maybe a sequel can come where she wants to treat the high schooler? That'll be nice)

The second Éclair anthology actually has a sequel to this so, yay?

last edited at Jul 3, 2017 5:21PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.