Forum › Riko & Haru & Irukawa Hot Springs discussion

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

In Girlfriends

Just drop this series, it clearly isn't for you.

joined Oct 11, 2010

In Girlfriends

Just drop this series, it clearly isn't for you.

:D
now now now.... The appearance of Yuuko gives hope!

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

It is character-oriented slice of life, not plot-oriented romance.
You shouldn't really expect anything to happen.

joined Apr 4, 2013

scan from the last chapter, anybody can translate this?
http://goo.gl/oXd1X

joined May 25, 2013

I´m in love with Riko <3.<3 I love her!!!! She´s really my type:)

joined Nov 11, 2010

scan from the last chapter, anybody can translate this?
http://goo.gl/oXd1X

That appears to say it is ending ('next will be the last chapter'), no idea if legit/I've got the right context.

Pain
joined Jun 4, 2013

Fun series so far!
Does the story get more interesting or does it stay the same for the most part?
I'm really digging the artwork in this.

joined Nov 11, 2010

Haha, watching Haru react to Akane's interactions with Riko is pretty interesting. I thought she'd played it pretty cool up to this chapter, but that outburst was pretty hilarious.

The chapter titles for this series are somehow quite tempting...an interesting effect. "Adult and Sake and Hot Spring", "Riko and Family and Dinner", and "Riko and Haru and Delicious Tomato" sound like especially tantalizing combinations right now.

Nice chapter, and I'm looking forward to volume 2. Thanks YP team!

Sensei
joined Nov 28, 2011

God dammit! I need some yuri! I'm going crazy here! :( Shame there probably won't be any.
Also...Sisters?! :o Unexpected.

last edited at Jun 25, 2013 8:08PM

417506_490968200913530_1320006850_n
joined Jun 8, 2013

i wonder when will the "i like you / i like you too" appears, if there's any.. Well anyways, it's entertaining with hyperactive Haru and (~˘▾˘)~ lovely Riko around

Ivan's%20words%20of%20wisdom
joined Jun 22, 2013

A mysterious glasses girl wishes to join your party! Do you accept? (Y/N)

Images
joined Apr 22, 2013

sigh I'm failing to like this Manga, Haru is just not my type.

joined Mar 30, 2012

Akane in her waitress uniform was so cute. That's right.

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

Glasses is my fetish.
Need her unbraided and nude right on the front page of next chapter.
That would spice up the story hoho

Ava%20120
joined Feb 1, 2013

So, after the first volume we got nothing but cute girls (read: stereotypes) doing nothing? 3 volumes are out so far, let's see, if it can beat sasameki koto^^
Cute girls are good, but a bit of plot or background information about the mc-chan's couldn't hurt, 'cause as for now, we know absolutely nothing about the girls or the city or anything else ;_; Hope it will change in the upcoming chapters.

17862791_1495602197151021_8222829330647011179_n[1]
joined Jun 22, 2013

So, after the first volume we got nothing but cute girls (read: stereotypes) doing nothing? 3 volumes are out so far, let's see, if it can beat sasameki koto^^
Cute girls are good, but a bit of plot or background information about the mc-chan's couldn't hurt, 'cause as for now, we know absolutely nothing about the girls or the city or anything else ;_; Hope it will change in the upcoming chapters.

Read this series' tags. This is a slice-of-life work, so there probably isn't gonna be much in the way of exposition. The aim here isn't to tell a traditional story, but to create a mood or a sense of place as the characters go about their daily lives. If you keep that in mind, you won't mind the relative lack of traditional storytelling.

joined May 31, 2013

Glasses is my fetish.
Need her unbraided and nude right on the front page of next chapter.
That would spice up the story hoho

You would have made a great editor for the cover pages of Ragnarok city, I like it so far but yuri and slice of life together is always kinda awkward, since to maintain the slice of life theme the character need to be oblivious to the yuri. I dunno like i've said before it could be a Japanese thing.

Ava%20120
joined Feb 1, 2013

Read this series' tags.

I'm well aware of the tags.

This is a slice-of-life work, so there probably isn't gonna be much in the way of exposition.

This isn't s-o-l. This is more like iyashi-kei. I'd say, that the s-o-l tag is outdated and misleading, but that's a different topic and don't belong in the discussion thread.

The aim here isn't to tell a traditional story, but to create a mood or a sense of place as the characters go about their daily lives.

It's not a matter of storytelling, but rather the lack of experience of the mangaka.
The art is superb, no doubt. But there's more to a manga than art. Look at Honey & Honey. The art is simple, but the characters are developing (w/o ecchi, yuri, etc) and that keeps a manga going.
You see, you don't need extravagant storytelling or anything for character developement, but when there's nothing but art, I could as good sitting in the garden and watch the gras growing. There's more developement in every single straw.
This is Hijiki's first work (i know s/he drew a lot of doujinshi, but they're totally different from normal manga so i didn't count them) where s/he is author and artist.
His/Her first work was a co-op and s/he was only the artist.
Let him/her get some more experience and together with the art s/he'll be a great mangaka.

If you keep that in mind, you won't mind the relative lack of traditional storytelling.

Well, there're manga with the same 'tags' who handled it way better. And I'm not the only one who noticed that.
And just to be clear, i don't mind (extremely) slow paced stories.
I read/watched quite a few iyashi-kei/daily life manga/anime, and they got into my fav-list (e.g. Tamayura Hitotose, Aria, etc).

joined Nov 11, 2010

Read this series' tags.

I'm well aware of the tags.

This is a slice-of-life work, so there probably isn't gonna be much in the way of exposition.

This isn't s-o-l. This is more like iyashi-kei. I'd say, that the s-o-l tag is outdated and misleading, but that's a different topic and don't belong in the discussion thread.

The aim here isn't to tell a traditional story, but to create a mood or a sense of place as the characters go about their daily lives.

It's not a matter of storytelling, but rather the lack of experience of the mangaka.
The art is superb, no doubt. But there's more to a manga than art. Look at Honey & Honey. The art is simple, but the characters are developing (w/o ecchi, yuri, etc) and that keeps a manga going.
You see, you don't need extravagant storytelling or anything for character developement, but when there's nothing but art, I could as good sitting in the garden and watch the gras growing. There's more developement in every single straw.
This is Hijiki's first work (i know s/he drew a lot of doujinshi, but they're totally different from normal manga so i didn't count them) where s/he is author and artist.
His/Her first work was a co-op and s/he was only the artist.
Let him/her get some more experience and together with the art s/he'll be a great mangaka.

If you keep that in mind, you won't mind the relative lack of traditional storytelling.

Well, there're manga with the same 'tags' who handled it way better. And I'm not the only one who noticed that.
And just to be clear, i don't mind (extremely) slow paced stories.
I read/watched quite a few iyashi-kei/daily life manga/anime, and they got into my fav-list (e.g. Tamayura Hitotose, Aria, etc).

Your claims that you had appropriate expectations for this story or its development look pretty sketchy given you were comparing it to Sasameki Koto just a post earlier. I'd say this series is proceeding perfectly fine as an 'iyashi-kei' series, to say it has 'nothing but art' is a huge exaggeration. If you'd rather watch grass grow, you're totally welcome to go and do it /lol.

Anyway, great new chapter lol. Drunken Yuuka's harassment of Akane is hilarious and I love the 'four town beauties' development. Only thing is I can't even tell anymore if Riko is completely oblivious to Akane's desire/reactions to her, or is actually encouraging her :P. Haha, Haru, you totally got roped in.

Thanks YP for the chapter!

Luci%20skyline%20(icon%20200)
joined Feb 28, 2013

I feel bad for Akane, she's probably going to bleed out by the last chapter.

Sensei
joined Nov 28, 2011

No Yuuko! No! >:| No joking around! FEEEEED HER! FEEEEEED HER!
Oh mah gawd. Midori. So many beautiful older women ;_____; RIKO! MAKE YOUR OWN HAREM DAMN GIRL!

joined Mar 30, 2012

The new girl finds an empty room, lol, way to welcome new members Iruka club.

joined Apr 25, 2013

Ecchi. I don't think so :)))

joined May 1, 2013

I thought I was weird for being the only one disappointed for the lack of something interesting aside good art...

I don't mind slice of life, read a lot of them and enjoined many a lot (last one is "Poor poor lips").. but I still want at least a slice of fun life, slice of interesting life or slice of something life, not this slice of boring (but cute!!) life..

Ok now that I know it's the mangaka first work, I understand why it have some problems (but what is the editor doing not giving good advices?), still hope it can give some development to this story or learn from mistakes made here and do a better job next manga!

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

Midori is so cute. I need more of MidoriYuu
Also I need some ecchi things to be done to Riko while in bath. Would be a great doujinshi hoho

To reply you must either login or sign up.