Forum › Each Other's Guardians discussion

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Ah, another one of those "doing sexual things to gain power!!" kinda things. At least this is actually yuri though. I'm a bit incensed that pretty much all of the action yuri out there is super ecchi... I was so excited for Soul Eater with lesbians and then it just turned out to be girls randomly having sex with each other. On a random note, before watching the first episode Valkyrie Drive, I was like "I can watch anything with yuri even if it's the trashiest thing ever" but after watching just the first episode I realized "I can't watch trashy stuff like this..."

Anyhow, as for the manga itself. It was pretty good. I feel like I've read it many times before, but, yeah, it was interesting and, well, it had yuri, so that's something it has going for it. I have to say that arm growing thing out of recklessness kinda reminded me of (spoilers for Madoka Magica... I'm sure everyone's watched it by this point, but it's better to be safe than sorry) Mami's death though I'm sure it's a fairly common thing in action manga. At least she didn't get her head bitten off like Mami did.

last edited at Oct 2, 2016 8:45PM

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

So this was basically attack on titan with boob groping and yuri.

joined Oct 3, 2015

i want more of this.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I thought inside the wall was where the bear courtroom was?

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Awesome, this was awesome.

Eiko_by_komiyo_chan2
joined Sep 15, 2013

Fast, conected explanation, well made... I want more..

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Premise reminded me of YuYuYu

So, that was alright. Feels like it's meant to be a longer story

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

For a second there, I thought they were going to be too busy making out to stop the invader. The best bad end.

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

Ah the same author who did Gamma ... I thought the art style look familiar :)! Nice little read

Screenshot_2016-11-14-13-53-17(2)
joined Feb 7, 2014

Arrrrgggg , I want more but i think the story is over, just a oneshot TnT
This is material for a serialization and the I like the author very much

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Minutoh posted:

Ah, another one of those "doing sexual things to gain power!!" kinda things.

I'm pretty sure that wasn't it at all. It looks like they have to touch things to impart their power on it and their power is stated to stem from the heart so it makes sense that that's where you'd place your own power.

Citrus
joined Apr 24, 2014

That was a lot better than I expected it to be. I would love it if this became a series.

joined Jan 8, 2014

If it did become a series imagine how "close" they'd have to be in the final boss fight :3

.<
This actually reminded me of that one anime I cant remember the name to...lil'short guy with white hair is a badass fighter from another world, and of course it's up to the hs school kids of Japan to learn and wield energy to things like swords sheilds and guns...y'all know which one im talking about

Cate
joined May 15, 2015

Man, Ogino Jun really loves battle lesbians

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Minutoh posted:

Ah, another one of those "doing sexual things to gain power!!" kinda things.

I'm pretty sure that wasn't it at all. It looks like they have to touch things to impart their power on it and their power is stated to stem from the heart so it makes sense that that's where you'd place your own power.

That's my impression, actually, too. Remember, they were originally supposed to be paired with some "veterans", so I don't think the whole procedure is meant to be sexually arousing. It's just that in this particular match-up, both parties were suppressing romantic and sexual feelings for each other, so things got weird instead.

Man, Ogino Jun really loves battle lesbians

Who doesn't? >__>

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I have an odd weakness towards naginata wielders. It is just a cool weapon! Yes I know there is a tvtropes page about this.

On a random note, before watching the first episode Valkyrie Drive, I was like "I can watch anything with yuri even if it's the trashiest thing ever" but after watching just the first episode I realized "I can't watch trashy stuff like this..."

Hah, that is the exact experience I had with that show.

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

Felt like it spent too much time on establishing things for a one-shot, and resolution was too quick. Could be explained if this is a pilot chapter, but with YH it's unlikely.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/each_others_guardians#31

Meanwhile, the invader is on a rampage...

Gay%20cum
joined Jul 16, 2013

Very cool. Wish this was a ongoing series

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

That should have contained MOAR ECHHIII MOAAAR!!!! beating lower wall

Yeah, series would be awesome =] and anime !!)))

joined Jun 12, 2015

That was average at best. Disappointed.

joined Jul 22, 2016

Cute. But, eh. I'm not that pleased with the balance of yuri and action. It's kind of awkward, I feel at least.

Reimu-shock
joined Mar 27, 2015

the first thing came to my mind with the pairs are ga rei zero, good it turned out well

joined Jun 3, 2014

I thought inside the wall was where the bear courtroom was?

Well played

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Ah, another one of those "doing sexual things to gain power!!" kinda things. At least this is actually yuri though. I'm a bit incensed that pretty much all of the action yuri out there is super ecchi... I was so excited for Soul Eater with lesbians and then it just turned out to be girls randomly having sex with each other. On a random note, before watching the first episode Valkyrie Drive, I was like "I can watch anything with yuri even if it's the trashiest thing ever" but after watching just the first episode I realized "I can't watch trashy stuff like this..."

Anyhow, as for the manga itself. It was pretty good. I feel like I've read it many times before, but, yeah, it was interesting and, well, it had yuri, so that's something it has going for it. I have to say that arm growing thing out of recklessness kinda reminded me of (spoilers for Madoka Magica... I'm sure everyone's watched it by this point, but it's better to be safe than sorry) Mami's death though I'm sure it's a fairly common thing in action manga. At least she didn't get her head bitten off like Mami did.

Have you tried Bodacious Space Pirates?

To reply you must either login or sign up.