Forum › Citrus discussion

joined Jun 30, 2016

Yes! "demon!" even though this was just for the lols, the fact that she was devastated because of what Yuzu said was so, soooo worthy!

last edited at Apr 22, 2018 11:00AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Is it bad that I am willing to watch our yuzu suffer if it means I can get more citrus.

Citrus = Top 5 yuri of all times ?

No, citrus is not good just popular.

Please, people who like to read Citrus--how many times do people need to come in here and remind you that the thing you like isn't any good?

One poster after another has told you how dumb it is, how the series is just trash, how it's not believable, etc. They're obviously continuing to read it for your benefit, so that they can tell you it's no good and thereby save you the embarrassment of liking to read something that's so obviously bad.

Why else would anyone even come into a Citrus forum except as a public service to people who, for whatever unfathomable reasons, have the mistaken notion that the series is good enough to read? (It certainly would never be just to show off their superior taste and to put down the pleasures of others--that would be completely pointless.)

So have some consideration for those who are just trying to help. You know, out of the goodness of their hearts.

26994326_2078073929078257_7549295234998882413_n
joined Jan 28, 2018

Please, people who like to read Citrus--how many times do people need to come in here and remind you that the thing you like isn't any good?

One poster after another has told you how dumb it is, how the series is just trash, how it's not believable, etc. They're obviously continuing to read it for your benefit, so that they can tell you it's no good and thereby save you the embarrassment of liking to read something that's so obviously bad.

Why else would anyone even come into a Citrus forum except as a public service to people who, for whatever unfathomable reasons, have the mistaken notion that the series is good enough to read? (It certainly would never be just to show off their superior taste and to put down the pleasures of others--that would be completely pointless.)

So have some consideration for those who are just trying to help. You know, out of the goodness of their hearts.

If its just trash then you dont have to go through trouble to read it.you can drop this series.there are plenty of series out there is suitable for you.

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

If you read all the volumes over again after reading this, you might discover something new. It might be tough right now, but I think everyone who has been reading the series till now probably realizes it...until then, To their happiness!"

What the f is this supposed to mean? :-S

last edited at Apr 22, 2018 12:33PM

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Mei's reaction to the boob thing I am shooketh :o

joined Jul 7, 2016

Not even close

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Yeah? Well, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

If its just trash then you dont have to go through trouble to read it.you can drop this series.there are plenty of series out there is suitable for you.

You mean my original post actually needed an "lol" or something to indicate that I was being ironic? Seriously?

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

oguzhan96 posted:

Is it bad that I am willing to watch our yuzu suffer if it means I can get more citrus.

I think Citrus is bad (plot wise), but nonetheless I understand exactly why it is popular and I'm not going to call anyone moron for reading it, because I perfectly understand the reasons people enjoy it, cos I used to enjoy things like that too. Sure, popular doesn't mean good, but that doesn't mean there is nothing in it that people can enjoy. Complete trash would never become popular without any real value to it (and yes, so bad it is good is a real value too, though I'm not saying that is the case for Citrus).

Disclaimer: I dropped Citrus long ago 8D (after chapter 15 and everything I hear about it everytime I poke into thread convinces me I made a right decision)

last edited at Apr 22, 2018 1:21PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Mei suffering at being a chestlet (compared to Harumin at least) is hilarious. And I love how Saburota has dropped any subtlety at her shipping of HaruMatsu.

joined Jul 22, 2014

Its true some part of Citrus is not good but I just go along with it and enjoy the art style as I read.

11_spq78
joined Jul 24, 2014

I have question, why isYuzu in love with Mei? and I know it probablu loosk like I am joking or being critical, but I really can not connect the dots, if someone can give me a real asnwer I will gratful. Thank you in advance

joined Feb 18, 2018

Well Mei is hot and emotionally unavailable so...

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Recently found this tongue-in-cheek summary about Citrus by Tianyi. It's got a pretty nice beat.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av21991991/

Still waiting for my Tianyi x Ling on this site.

last edited at Apr 22, 2018 11:58PM

joined Apr 22, 2018

I have question, why isYuzu in love with Mei? and I know it probablu loosk like I am joking or being critical, but I really can not connect the dots, if someone can give me a real asnwer I will gratful. Thank you in advance

There is nothing i find in this manga that shows how Yuzu falls in love with Mei. Love is just blind and unexplainable. It can happen unexpectedly. However, as a fictional manga, it would be nice to see some details that connect those dots. Like you, i also wanna see what Yuzu sees in Mei that makes her so in love with her besides the fact that Mei is hot. Some love is just stupid lol.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Well, at one level, why is anybody in love with anybody? Because they are. (But of course that's no answer.)

But some demonstrated or potential aspects of Mei:

• She's highly competent and respected in public (so Yuzu can admire her).

• But also fragile and emotionally vulnerable in private (so Yuzu can protect her).

• As part of those two things, Yuzu gets the inside view of a very reserved person and sees parts of Mei's personality that not even Himeko knows (and that Suzuran desperately wants to know).

• Also as part of the second thing, Yuzu gets to play big sister (or at least sister), a role she's never had before. Obviously, that's not inherently romantic, but it does draw Yuzu toward her new step-sibling.

• Mei in turn is drawn to Yuzu as well, and admires her for qualities that she herself doesn't possess, and there's always a tendency to be attracted to people who like and value you.

• Finally, and perhaps most importantly, Mei is not only hot, she is a mutant whose superpower is Magic Lesbian Kisses that will instantly awaken the dormant Sapphic worshipper inside any human being and instantly turn them yuri.

(That magic kiss thing is why Rapist Sensei now roams the streets, his clothes in tatters, desperately searching for a way to somehow become a lesbian instead of a het creep. But since the kiss was non-consensual, the golden gates of yuri heaven shall be forever shut to him.)

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013
  • Finally, and perhaps most importantly, Mei is not only hot, she is a mutant whose superpower is Magic Lesbian Kisses that will instantly awaken the dormant Sapphic worshipper inside any human being and instantly turn them yuri.

Where does one learn to acquire this superpower?

TransmogriphicationCentral
joined Feb 14, 2018

More importantly, does this mean if the kiss HAD been consensual, Creepy McTeachFace would have eventually turned into a lesbian? I need the logistics here.

last edited at Apr 22, 2018 9:50PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

That, I am sorry to say, I do not know.

But as we have known since the first pages of this series, it's definitely a thing.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

More importantly, does this mean if the kiss HAD been consensual, Creepy McTeachFace would have eventually turned into a lesbian?

The road not taken. But clearly his heart was tainted from the first, so we can never know.

joined Feb 21, 2018

@Yuri Queen: It is actually slightly more complicated than that, it is not unheard of for female heiresses to take on the head position, while their adopted husbands get a high ranking executive position within the company. Their son (strongly preferred) is the one who is expected to one day inherit everything. The purpose of a mukoyoshi is not just to have males in charge of companies, it is primarily to stop bloodlines becoming extinct. It is a country whose reigning dynasty spans over two and a half millennia, and its elite families usually measure their history in centuries. They often faced the lack of male heirs of the blood, and adoption of husbands or relatives was common in such cases, it remains so to this day. It is not just about the school, it is also about actually continuing the Aihara line and legacy, a legacy that was strongly impressed upon Mei since she was a small child (even by her father, if memory serves, before he became a hippie).

Yes, it is unheard of. The entire point of a Mukoyoshi is literally to get a male heir to lead the family. Its not "primarily" about preserving the bloodline seeing as how its can be done with adopting an entirely unrelated couple. Its done to keep the name and to get a male heir for their businesses. That has been its purpose for centuries, poor and middle class families dont do it to preserve their bloodline, its done by the rich to keep the business in their name. A culture that looks down on an unmarried woman isnt going to let her lead when her husband can do it instead.

The bloodline excuse kind of falls apart considering gramps just gained a new daughter in law and granddaughter and he didnt even know about it despite Yuzu being admitted into his school. Appearantly the Aihara name isnt prestigious enough to be flagged when a transfer student shows up with it. He also has no reason to think Shou cant pump out a son to continue the name. If its a mukoyoshi its being done purely for business inheritance.

And his management skills and ability to relieve Mei of her responsibilities sounds like the complete opposite of not getting the chair position.

last edited at Apr 23, 2018 7:29AM

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

WAIT! did just matsuri go and hug harumin just to grab her boobs?!! (or maybe she was actually scared?)
lol i'm tired of this manga but it would be really nice if we saw this ship sailing before it ends (i hope as well we get a spinoff about them dating or something)

joined Feb 18, 2018

The bloodline excuse kind of falls apart considering gramps just gained a new daughter in law and granddaughter and he didnt even know about it despite Yuzu being admitted into his school. Appearantly the Aihara name isnt prestigious enough to be flagged when a transfer student shows up with it. He also has no reason to think Shou cant pump out a son to continue the name. If its a mukoyoshi its being done purely for business inheritance.

There is something funny that no one ever mentioned. Technically Yuzu is also an Aihara heir now lol She in the future could even battle Mei for control of the school even.

Anyway I think Gramps knew Yuzu was coming into the school, and Mei knew it too because she obviously knew she was moving in with Ume. Maybe they just didn't know what Yuzu looked like. Also Sho has been more or less banned from the family right? So I don't think Gramps would be very interested in his life, he most likely accepts Ume and Yuzu to be in the family begrudgingly. They are middle class people and so he would likely not be too interested in a son produced by UmexSho, if he can avoid that by having Mei pop up a "rich baby with rich genes" instead.

I hate this guy. I have said before but it's too bad Matsuri changed and is no longer sociopathic, I seriously wish she would terminate him and end of story lol You know, conveniently pushing him down some stairs at the school maybe...

joined Feb 18, 2018

But some demonstrated or potential aspects of Mei:

• She's highly competent and respected in public (so Yuzu can admire her).

• But also fragile and emotionally vulnerable in private (so Yuzu can protect her).

• As part of those two things, Yuzu gets the inside view of a very reserved person and sees parts of Mei's personality that not even Himeko knows (and that Suzuran desperately wants to know).

• Also as part of the second thing, Yuzu gets to play big sister (or at least sister), a role she's never had before. Obviously, that's not inherently romantic, but it does draw Yuzu toward her new step-sibling.

• Mei in turn is drawn to Yuzu as well, and admires her for qualities that she herself doesn't possess, and there's always a tendency to be attracted to people who like and value you.

I think Mei genuinely admires Yuzu and loves her, which is demonstrated by the fact she says she has been trying to understand her in the letter etc. There was never a period, it seems to me, in which Mei lusted after Yuzu but was not also in love with her (her groping/kisses from before the Sho kiss were about control and not lust, though maybe there was lust subconsciously of course).

Yuzu on the other hand, I know people are not going to agree with me but I think she lusts after Mei and wants to protect Mei from pain, but she doesn't love her (yet). What she has is more like limerence, an obsession. I say this because we are shown Yuzu's thoughts and in no moment she tries to understand Mei beyond stuff that has immediate impact on her, and she also doesn't say anything about admiring her qualities. She is just shown wanting to be in Mei's company and obsessing over getting Mei's approval. If anything Yuzu is more in love with the idea of protecting Mei from pain than with Mei herself.

last edited at Apr 23, 2018 9:58AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

[Yuzu] is just shown wanting to be in Mei's company and obsessing over getting Mei's approval.

Not to be facetious, but (along with the obvious physical desire) that's pretty much the textbook definition of "being in love" in stories like this. It's absolutely true that in real life there's a lot more to real, lasting love than that, but this series has never been about deeply nuanced representations of real-life psychology--"love" is more of a mutual "ba-dump" thing.

To reply you must either login or sign up.