Forum › Posts by DasFrau

DasFrau
Citrus discussion 24 Apr 14:46
joined Feb 10, 2018

Actually, the basis for the "monomaniacal immersion" (meant, in the original context, to describe the mangaka's artistic angle/execution) is... 16yo hormones.

Also the other thing covered about a billion times over: Tropes... combo, mind-numbing, hackneyed character tropes... But primarily, the "opposites (attract)" trope as the fulcrum of the basic narrative.

What's a tad bewildering--apart from fans/haters still latching onto these characters and expecting them to act realistically for a Manga-format Dramady--is the gratuitous memory decay (in general, but in this case, for a phase most humans have undergone/will undergo in life). While notoriously unreliable when colored by tremendous amounts of Emo, memory (in some shape or form) is usually clearest during those biologically heightened phases of life--unless there's gratuitous substance abuse and/or compounded trauma making it fuzzy/absent. Even if events and specifics are all askew, most people recall the personal side of Emo more than anything else. e.g., Catalyst A made them feel like (simple/complex) Emotion B, and they hated/loved it for C amount of time. Does no one (in retrospect) recall insta-lust and crazy infatuations with every kind of this, that, and whatever--especially tempting, compulsive shit that could get incredibly messy, in all ways, and later involve weary authorities? Triggers were/are abound: it doesn't even need to emit pheromones, and someone, somewhere is hooked, then restraining orders et al are pending; many people don't come out of this haze even in mid-life and beyond--although by then, it's more psychological than hormonally propelled.

There's nothing confounding about how or why Yuzu developed feelings for Mei since 1) time-honored types and related tropes for the series' premise, 2) the entire series is about the journey--stemming initially from hormones (bolstering idealistic love) with subsequent heavy-handed-complex-Yuri-wake-up-call, and 3) the lopsided, agonizingly OCD/slow development of an actual relationship that hasn't gotten all that far by many modern standards. How one defines the type of "love" achieved is entirely subjective.

And there you have it guys... Cased closed.

DasFrau
Citrus discussion 18 Apr 20:28
joined Feb 10, 2018

Seriously Yuzu, just give up on Mei and move on. Find another lover. She honestly doesn’t deserve you.

That's been my thought since the beginning. I had hopes of Mei eventually being lightened up by being around Yuzu, but instead, Mei's only dragged Yuzu down. Plus there's no good reason for Yuzu to fixate on Mei so much, especially when there are many better people in her life. At this point, it just feels contrived.

For example Harumin... and lets add Matsuri for an OT3. \0/

I WILL DIE HAPPY.

DasFrau
Citrus discussion 18 Apr 12:11
joined Feb 10, 2018

I'm just laughing at people who are reenacting the old joke, "This free food is terrible--and such small portions!"

Same here. I was poking fun of the way, everytime when a chapter release, people voice out their complaints. But they can't give up this manga regardless. Kidding aside, I wish AozTkM is here to brighten my day.

DasFrau
Citrus discussion 17 Apr 20:30
joined Feb 10, 2018

Waiting for the complaints after released of chapter 37...

was not disappointed.

DasFrau
joined Feb 10, 2018

Wonder if the status should be changed to canceled.

This is just wishful thinking. But what if someone picked it up just like what happened with RWBY after Monty passed away? I know that it will never be the same again though. SSamba's work was special.

Try this. https://m.fanfiction.net/s/12828398/1/Fluttering-Feelings-Continued

last edited at Feb 26, 2018 2:24AM

joined Feb 10, 2018

Have you read this yet?

http://comico.kr/m/titles/85/chapters/77

My kokoro.

What does it say?

Damn, that hurts.. Im gonna cry in the corner...

last edited at Feb 20, 2018 7:53AM

joined Feb 10, 2018

https://m.fanfiction.net/s/12828398/1/Fluttering-Feelings-Continued

Here's a fanfic of FF. It just started and its a continuation of ch 68. If you are still invested with FF's story, might as well look it up.

DasFrau
Citrus discussion 19 Feb 04:30
joined Feb 10, 2018

So everything has to be explained, you cant put two and two together?

Yeah I can, problem is that there is no 2+2, it's more like 2X+2Y. It's the most important drama causing event in this story and yet it never once gets explained. It requires you to fill most of it in yourself and even then most of the explanations people have come up make absolutely no sense in regards to character motivations.

@Serenata I'm just surprised you havent caught the irony in that yet.

@Nez Now you're just encouraging me at this point.

Some simple things dont necessarily have to put explained.

Agreed, if everything is explained, i'ma feel like im reading a textbook rather than a manga.

DasFrau
Citrus discussion 18 Feb 11:17
joined Feb 10, 2018

We can all tell how bad this latest chapter was, but one thing for sure...

We WILL come back to read more.

^Of course, because we can read it for free here. Easy access. No money loss.

Yeah. But im referring mostly to people whose talking how bad this story is turning out. I, too, want to drop Citrus, but heck got emotionally invested with it. I want to see the ending no matter how it would be deliver.

On Cannibal's commentary

In my perspective, Mei does love Yuzu, but their love for each other is not equal. She just doesn't have the courage to go against traditions or her feelings are not deep enough to make her fight for Yuzu.

last edited at Feb 18, 2018 11:26AM

DasFrau
Citrus discussion 18 Feb 11:07
joined Feb 10, 2018

We can all tell how bad this latest chapter was, but one thing for sure...

We WILL come back to read more.

DasFrau
Citrus discussion 14 Feb 04:54
joined Feb 10, 2018

You know, girls can leave Japan, just like "their" father done.

Yes, they can. But Mei is steadfast with her decision to run/inherit the school. So that's not really a possible outcome here in the future. Unless the father returns and replaces Mei's position. Whose following the anime btw?

Anyways, hello to all of you. New but not so new, been a lurker for a year now.

joined Feb 10, 2018

hello hiatus my old friend...

lurker here, just signed up tho. ive been following FF for years, rereading it how many times... i lost count. truly a masochist.